To what extent is this total bs?

• 58 results
ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Surely I must be missing something. Surely it can't be this rotten.

Only rotten because it's Microsoft right?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

It willcome; Respawn knows it, EA knows it, Microsoft knows it, and Sony knows it. And, I rather doubt Microsoft, even if it wanted to give EA millions, would find EA willing to sell exclusivity. EA knows that Titanfall is about as close to a "CoD" as it will ever have. That means Titanfall, as a series, is worth BILLIONS. To buy exclusivity MS would have to give EA billions, and they won't/can't do it.

EA doesn't own the TitanFall IP or Respawn. It's an EA partners game. Given MS's relationship with Infinity Ward (prior to Jason West and Vince Zampella's firing by Activision), I'd say the chance of getting some sort of permanent exclusivity (e.g. Gears of War) is a possibility. If MS was smart, they do whatever they can to just outright buy Respawn. The team is small and is still considered unproven until TitanFall comes out. MS's first party stable of development teams is arguably the weakest of the three console manufacturers. Getting Respawn Enterntainment would be a huge boon for them.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#53  Edited By monkeyking1969

@andorski said:

@monkeyking1969 said:

It willcome; Respawn knows it, EA knows it, Microsoft knows it, and Sony knows it. And, I rather doubt Microsoft, even if it wanted to give EA millions, would find EA willing to sell exclusivity. EA knows that Titanfall is about as close to a "CoD" as it will ever have. That means Titanfall, as a series, is worth BILLIONS. To buy exclusivity MS would have to give EA billions, and they won't/can't do it.

EA doesn't own the TitanFall IP or Respawn. It's an EA partners game. Given MS's relationship with Infinity Ward (prior to Jason West and Vince Zampella's firing by Activision), I'd say the chance of getting some sort of permanent exclusivity (e.g. Gears of War) is a possibility. If MS was smart, they do whatever they can to just outright buy Respawn. The team is small and is still considered unproven until TitanFall comes out. MS's first party stable of development teams is arguably the weakest of the three console manufacturers. Getting Respawn Enterntainment would be a huge boon for them.

Again, the game is worth billions in sales....MS doesn't have billions to buy the exclusivity or Respawn to make up for lost sales, lost fans, etc. There is zero chance the game is exclusive.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Missacre

@nictel said:

@subjugation said:

@hailinel said:

Is Titanfall the new Bayonetta 2? Should I expect petitions on change.org soon?

No, we must go further. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

I know it is totally off-topic but: WTF is this petition.

On-topic: Yeah, remember how Heavy Rain was "only possible on the amazing PS3?" fast forward a few years and it turns out it is only an exclusive because Microsoft turned them down.

Oh god, that petition makes me ashamed to be white. It HAS to be a joke. PLEASE LET IT BE A JOKE. Back on topic, though, this reminds me of that whole thing with Bayonetta 2 and people wondering why (OMG) Nintendo is publishing it and not (the obvious choices) Microsoft or Sony. Even after it was revealed that MS and Sony basically told Platinum to fuck off and Nintendo offered to publish their games, people wouldn't stop bitching. I hope this isn't another one of those.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@monkeyking1969 said:

@andorski said:

@monkeyking1969 said:

Again, the game is worth billions in sales....MS doesn't have billions to buy the exclusivity or Respawn to make up for lost sales, lost fans, etc. There is zero chance the game is exclusive.

This game hasn't earned a single dollar in sales yet... but you assume billions are a given. Okay...

You have no idea what the business dealings are. I'd bet the sequel comes to PS4 but who knows how it'll do or if Microsoft can manage hold it down. This isn't a given it becomes the next CoD at all.

Gears and Halo are both very high quality franchises developed not by Microsoft, with big sales, that have stuck with Microsoft. There's a possibility this follows the same path.

Beyond that, I believe there's a definite possibility CoD is just a one in a million, the WoW of multiplayer online shooters. This game may be very successful but nothing may do CoD numbers ever again, not even the next few CoD games. But we'll see how things go.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Missacre

@andorski said:

@monkeyking1969 said:

It's like you just ignored everything he said and told him he's wrong and you're right.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By bigjeffrey

Game can go Gears Of War (Was going to go to PS3 at one point), If it does well, they will back up the dump truck of money to lock it down.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Slaegar

All exclusives can be done on another similarly powered system assuming that systems regulations allow it. There is no reason that The Last of Us only went to the Playstation 3 other than their financial relationship. There has always been marketing silliness where people say something is only possible on X when anyone who has any idea how computers work know this is nonsense. Remember when people were convinced when MGS4 came out that the PS3 had limitless power even though MGS4 looks like shit. Fast forward to today and people are still convinced there is some magical well of processing power inside video game consoles that only needs to be tapped by developers who are too lazy to draw a pentagram around their dev kit or something.

edit: So to answer your question; it is mostly BS. The server/cloud thing is nice, but the game is also coming to PC so there is little reason to keep it off the PS4 other than Microsoft offering Respawn some sort of benefit(s) to go console exclusive.

Did you see the Gamescom press conference with Sony where they used the term *Console* exclusive many times. Its the same on both sides and has been for a long time.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By EXTomar

You mean people who are trying to sell you something don't necessarily tell you the truth? Strange!

In the end, as long as Respawn is releasing the game they want then none of us should want them to stop even if it is not on the platform one would rather have it on. I don't fault them from focusing on any platform especially if there are big enticements. I am bothered by the marketing double speak where the same guys will have to backtrack when other version appear and they are forced to talk up those version with more and often contradictory double speak.