• 68 results
Posted by HairyMike87 (1013 posts) 10 months, 14 days ago

What platform will you purchase Titanfall for? (365 votes)

Xbox 360 6%
Xbox One 19%
PC 75%

I wonder if they'll allow cross-platform multiplayer? I can see it with PC and Xbox One players, but then there's Microsoft's Xbox Live paywall...

#1 Posted by Village_Guy (2409 posts) -

If I'll get it, it will probably be for the One.

#2 Posted by Slag (3350 posts) -

None, not a shooter guy

#3 Posted by Giefcookie (575 posts) -

PC if I happen to get it. Depends on whether its any good or not. And if its something more than just another MP shooter.

#4 Edited by ez123 (1902 posts) -

PC if it looks really amazing because I don't think I'm getting an X1 for a while. If it's not a "must have" for me, then either X1 or PC is fine.

#5 Edited by djou (829 posts) -

This would be a no-brainer PC purchase unless Microsoft forces some type of Windows 8 DRM on it like Return of the Shogun.

#6 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

Come on WiiU..!

#7 Edited by pandorasbox (301 posts) -

PC. I won't purchase an Xbox One until the price drops dramatically. That said, this game looks incredible, and i can't wait to pick it up.

#8 Posted by Giantstalker (1445 posts) -

PC. No question.

#9 Edited by TangoUp (309 posts) -

Dafuq is up with Destiny and Titanfall showing zero single player campaign details?

#10 Edited by BeachThunder (11265 posts) -

@tangoup said:

Dafuq is up with Destiny and Titanfall showing zero single player campaign details?

Do either have single player?

#11 Posted by TangoUp (309 posts) -

@tangoup said:

I dunno. Do they?

#12 Posted by BeachThunder (11265 posts) -

@tangoup said:

@beachthunder said:

@tangoup said:

I dunno. Do they?

#13 Posted by Xavtron (93 posts) -

It looks really awesome, I will get it on PC because I can imagine having many great matches with people from the giantbomb PC gaming hub.

#14 Edited by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -

PC if I do eventually get it, but it didn't look very good at all to me.

#15 Posted by Reisz (1359 posts) -

PC for sure, I am incessantly interested to see the difference between the two when it launches, I badly want to know what kind of real world effects the offloaded cloud processing brings to the table.

#16 Edited by SharkEthic (945 posts) -

PC (when it's something like $10), but I don't really see what's so cool about it. Same shit, different gen.

#17 Edited by Wuddel (2057 posts) -

PC. In case they do something that is not Battlefield with Mechs.

#18 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

Always preferred big teamplay-driven multiplayer shooters to arena run-and-guns, so I'll be playing Battlefield 4 conquest, but if Titanfall shows more depth and challenge than being MW2 with mechs and jetpacks, then it will be PC.

#19 Posted by TruthTellah (7669 posts) -

Probably PC, as it looks quite fun, and I'll probably be able to get some multiplayer for a while afterward on the PC.

#20 Edited by Vextroid (1316 posts) -
#21 Posted by Capum15 (4573 posts) -

PC, if I do get it.

#22 Posted by Korolev (1647 posts) -

In general, if I can buy a game for the PC, I'll buy it for the PC. Controllers are great for some games - racing games, some platformers and action games, but for FPS or most shooters that require accuracy, I like to play with a mouse and keyboard. It just feels more comfortable for me.

#23 Edited by Jimbo (9710 posts) -

#24 Posted by Kscorps (55 posts) -

PC. I hope they do a good job porting it, but I think it will be fine for several reasons:

1. The Source Engine was made for PC first, and it is extremely well-optimized for many different platforms.

2. A lot of the Respawn guys are ex-Infinity Ward. They made COD4, which had a stellar PC port. Something tells me the shortcomings of MW2 were due to Activision messing with the development of the game, rather than hard decisions IW decided to make.

Respawn is not owned by EA, which does make me think that they may have more freedom to put it on different services. Please, ppppplease be on Steam!

#25 Posted by Zeik (2114 posts) -

Chances are very high I'll end up getting a good gaming computer before I would get a XB1, so if I do get it it will be on the PC.

#26 Posted by msavo (7522 posts) -

None. Game doesn't interest me whatsoever. If I had a gun to my head I'd say PC but who knows they might be focusing on the Xbox One version and the port will be shit.

#27 Posted by Sterling (1736 posts) -

I honestly don't see what everyone sees in this game. It looks pretty mediocre and average to me. I honestly don't see what makes it so "OMG I have to have this amazing game". (seriously, I am not trolling, I really don't see it)

#29 Posted by adam1808 (1214 posts) -

PC if I upgrade it any time soon. No interest in getting the Xbox One and I don't own a 360.

#30 Posted by joshth (489 posts) -

Where is the "I'm not" option?

#31 Posted by myketuna (1631 posts) -

PC most likely. Based on what the guys said on the live stream tonight, the PC version won't be as "nice" as the XBO version because of the cloud stuff. But oh well, I'm not getting an Xbox One for that. I'm sure the PC version will be great.

#32 Posted by OGinOR (314 posts) -

@tangoup: I'm pretty sure Destiny doesn't have a single-player campaign...it's an MMO Shooter. And I'm not sure if Titanfall is going to be the same or if it will actually have a single-player.

I'll be playing it on my One when it gets here though.

#33 Posted by theveej (791 posts) -

My PC would probably be able to play this, but I suck at FPS games on PC now. The last time I was playing PC MP shooters seriously was 1999, since then I have gotten too used to playing shooters on consoles. I tried getting into BattlefIeld 3, Bad Company 2, TF2 and even going back to Quake 3 and I suuuuuuuuuuuuck at them.

So I would play it on PC, but there is no way I would enjoy it and no way I can compete with a controller on PC. So I'll get it on Xbox One when it comes out.

@rabidcentipede: as someone who enjoyed COD4 and MW2, Titanfall looks like an actual evolution of those games and not a rehash like MW3 and Black Ops. The added mobility, the single player twist to multipalyer, the setting and the mechs make it really appealing to me, I felt restricted in my movement at times playing MW1 & 2 and got tired of that kind of multiplayer after 2 years of playing it.

#34 Posted by OGinOR (314 posts) -

@theveej: And how cool is that eject-takedown mechanic?! It looks like it may be a common occurrence in the game, earlier in the demo (before the player actually does it) he takes time to shoot an ejecting enemy pilot in mid-air after he destroys that NPC'S mech. And the agility...drool!

#35 Posted by Sterling (1736 posts) -

@theveej: I'm not saying it doesn't look fun or good. I am just saying I don't get the super crazy hype train. Everyone I know is saying its the greatest game ever shown at E3 and they have to have it right this second. I am also seeing some of that on this site and a few others. I and honestly don't get it. It looks good yes, but it doesn't look like the end all be all of MP video games. I personally think The Division looks more fun and engaging. And I am a little shocked to hear guys I game with saying it looked like garbage and they wont buy it. To each their own I guess. Maybe I am just tired of the all out attack style MP. I want more thought and strategy in my violence with my old age. (I will also say I do not play any CoD games for MP. I am that guy just plays the SP campaign in them. I loath CoD MP)

#36 Edited by AngriGhandi (683 posts) -

I had no idea it was coming out on the 360-- that's awesome!

Now I can play it without waiting a year to see if the exclusivity runs out.

...Assuming it's any good, of course. It looked pretty cool!

Maybe I'll just rent it.

#37 Edited by TangoUp (309 posts) -

@oginor said:

@tangoup: I'm pretty sure Destiny doesn't have a single-player campaign...it's an MMO Shooter.

Shame. It did look like it had an interesting premise for a campaign.

#38 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

Xbox One.

#39 Posted by EXTomar (4125 posts) -

I am going to wait till I see a demo because I'm still not entirely sure if it is a game I'd bother to play at all. I suspect I would get the PC version.

#40 Posted by theveej (791 posts) -

@rabidcentipede: fair enough. I definitely don't think its the greatest game ever shown, and I can see how you would be more excited about the Division than Titanfall. I think overall the hype for Titanfall is more because of its potential as a true successor to COD multiplayer than it being the greatest game ever.

#41 Posted by awesomeusername (4057 posts) -

@beachthunder

@tangoup said:

@oginor said:

@tangoup: I'm pretty sure Destiny doesn't have a single-player campaign...it's an MMO Shooter.

Shame. It did look like it had an interesting premise for a campaign.

Both do have campaigns but not straight up "Here's the single player. Now here's the multiplayer." The stories are basically integrated into the multiplayer.

#42 Edited by YukoAsho (1948 posts) -

360. The Xbox One is OUT OF THE QUESTION, and I can't commit to PC unless I know the recommended specs.

#43 Posted by praxit (1 posts) -

dang.....this game looks fun. Im usually a RPG Mmo player. but im getting this for my rig. Im going to pump up my 20 core and jellify it.

#44 Posted by Hailinel (22720 posts) -

@yukoasho said:

360. The Xbox One is OUT OF THE QUESTION, and I can't commit to PC unless I know the recommended specs.

I'm curious. Will this newly-announced exclusivity restrict it to the Xbox One, or will there still be a 360 version?

#45 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (238 posts) -

Probably none.

#46 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3595 posts) -

PC. Not getting a next gen console for a while.

@hailinel said:

@yukoasho said:

I'm curious. Will this newly-announced exclusivity restrict it to the Xbox One, or will there still be a 360 version?

They've announced a 360 version, not sure what you mean.

@joshth said:

Where is the "I'm not" option?

I think it's called not voting.

#47 Edited by Deranged (1837 posts) -

XONE no doubt.

#48 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2277 posts) -

None, until it shows up on something other than XB360, XBox One, or PC.

My XB360 is broken...nuff said.
I won't buy a Xbox One...nuff said.
I'm not actually interested in a gaming PC...nuff said.

There are a tens of million like me. Some people will wait even if it never shows up on another system. No malice, not hating on anything; I'm just not moved by any of the offered alternatives.

#49 Edited by AlKusanagi (851 posts) -

Titanfall: Revengence Game of the Year Edition on PS4.

You ain't foolin' anyone, EA...

#50 Posted by IIGrayFoxII (207 posts) -

@tangoup: Titanfall does NOT have a single player campaign. You can read about it here. Destiny sounds a lot like Borderlands, in which technically it can be played single or multiplayer.

To answer the question, most likely on PC? If my friends get an Xbox One and they maybe have a bundled version (Xbox One and Titanfall bundle, which I highly believe will be the case)... perhaps Xbox One?