Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow that's nuts. Doing that for a new IP just seems insane and a good way for people on other platforms to care less about your game.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Sackmanjones

@notnert427: it's crazy because The Division is a new IP and doesn't technically Even have a player base yet.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Zurv

this has been know for a long time - that said, as a PC user this makes me sad that i have to wait.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Meh. In another note, their first year DLC plan looks pretty good at first glance. Looks like it should blow Destiny's first year out of the water, in terms of the amount of content they seem to plan to add.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Shivoa
@zurv said:

This has been know for a long time - that said, as a PC user and makes me sad that I have to wait.

Yep, it was originally talked about as a blanket 30 day delay but then when they outlined the 3 DLC chunks recently they clarified MS had only paid for two of the three (and none of the free DLC content) to be delayed on the Sony platform and one Microsoft platform.

Really puts it to the Windows 10 event recently though: no one at the Xbox division (no pun intended) throught it might be a bad idea to pay a 3rd party developer to delay releasing content for one of their games on the Windows platform, despite having an event scheduled just before the game's release that would talk all about unifying the Xbox brand (as for all Microsoft games) and making PC gaming on Windows 10 more integrated in the Xbox division.

"We'll dump some iffy PC ports onto this complete failure of a Windows Store that can't even really deploy games that work on PC right (SLI, refresh rates, overlays, mods, exclusive fullscreen, etc all broken) but don't worry because we'll still be using our funds to prevent PC gamers getting DLC content at the same time as our real Xbox fans. Oh, and free Forza 6 demo without online multiplayer!"

Really have to wonder who there didn't think of maybe calling up Ubisoft and getting them to move the PC DLC dates to line up with the Xbox One dates.

Of course, we all knew about this when thinking about which platform to order the game on so this isn't a shock or surprising. It's just really bad/mixed messaging from Microsoft: but who isn't used to that by now!

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm confused as to how this is different from Destiny.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professoress: It's mostly different because it's MS.
When Sony pays for exclusive content or games it's seen as : "This content or game would never happen if Sony was not involved" ( Street Fighter, Bloodborne, No man sky).
When MS pays for exclusive content or games it's seen as : "They are locking content from gamers who play on different plateformes."

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Sony pay for exclusive content, they generally don't pay to have it delayed on Sony consoles. Imagine is Sony paid for an exclusive but only for Europeans. US or Japanese PS4: sorry, but you're not getting it/have to wait for the XBOne release date.

MS are paying Ubisoft to not release this on Windows - the platform where they claim something like 55 million gamers currently play. So they're paying to make sure the majority of gamers on their platforms can't play this content for 30 days. I mean, that's really stupid.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@professoress: It's mostly different because it's MS.

When Sony pays for exclusive content or games it's seen as : "This content or game would never happen if Sony was not involved" ( Street Fighter, Bloodborne, No man sky).

When MS pays for exclusive content or games it's seen as : "They are locking content from gamers who play on different plateformes."

That is a strange assessment of the situation. We're talking about expansions for a game that is coming out on all three platforms at the same time. You are talking about games where Sony had an active hand in getting the games published in the first place. Two entirely different situations.

I know you are a fan of the Xbox One and everything and that's fine, but maybe you should take a step back for a second and take a look at the bigger picture.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#12 FinalDasa  Moderator

And...? This has been happening for years upon years. Call of Duty DLC game out on 360 first and now comes out on PS4 first.

It's only a month, everyone else in the PS4 community will have to wait the same month, and this means you'll know way ahead of time if the DLC is even worth purchasing.

Also weird to be bummed about DLC for a game yet to be released. What if the Division is shit? Why worry about DLC when you can't be sure if the core game is worth it?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Also weird to be bummed about DLC for a game yet to be released. What if the Division is shit? Why worry about DLC when you can't be sure if the core game is worth it?

Well, there's always the people that already preordered the Season Pass. Suckers!

ScottG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Seems pretty analogous to Destiny and makes sense for MSFT. They may feel like Destiny did really well on PS4 and moved consoles and the decision was made to get their own Destiny. This seems like the logical fit as the most Destiny game since, well, Destiny. And if MSFT cash helps extend the game life and value for gamers, I'm good with it.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony did something similar with Destiny and CoD, this isn't a new practice.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This has been known for a very long time.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nashvilleskyline

@mike: Hmmm. You might be right. But I don't think the difference is as big as you think there is. Money is being spent to lock content on certain plateforme in favor of another one. As far as I know, No man's sky and Street Fighter are both coming to PC but not Xbox one right? So, money was spent to favor 2 plateformes. And you can be sure that Sony didn't spend money to have both these games released on PC. They spent money to lock the Xbox One out of the picture.

In the end, that's really what it boils down to. Internet will always try to pick and chose which argument applies where their heart lies and chose to ignore the same argument when it comes to the hated one.

Also, I owned both consoles and a PC. Yes I do like MS a little better in general but I'm simply tired of the double standards.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Honestly I think it's crazy because 30 days is ridiculously short. Why bother with the exclusivity at all.

I'm playing on Xbox One however so bias and all that.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

30 days sounds just about right for someone to make a judgement call whether they want to dump more money into the Duvision or not. Ironically it might help some people save some money.

drainbamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These kinda deals always suck regardless of who is doing them and I really question how valuable they are. I own both platforms, I still plan to play on PS4 because that's where my friends will be for this game and that's way more important to me than 30 day delay on content.

That said, I guess I should be glad most deals are still only 30 days. I feel worst for Xbox One players who bought Destiny DLC. Having meaningful amounts of each DLC locked to one platform for an entire year in a content starved game must be painnnnnful.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a PS4 owner I love this. it means I have 30 days were they can fix any annoying/game breaking bugs, and I have 30 days of feedback to see if it's worth my time!

The Division looks fun but it's definitely not a "I MUST PLAY ALL OF IT ASAP" kind of game. I don't really see what the big deal is here. Isn't this the same as Destiny and the PS4 exclusive items/strikes for a whole year?

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a PS4 player I am disappoint. But I will probably lose interest in the game by the time those come expansions come out. Dark Souls 3, No Mans Sky, Final Fantasy, and other games will probably take over my attention.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I can't see how anyone on either side would care enough about this. For people on other consoles it's more of a nuisance than anything else and for people on Xbox, I would hardly call it something to boast about. 30 days exclusivity is so negligible I don't see the point for companies to dish out the money for that (or whatever the deal they made is). Now something like the year of exclusivity makes sense, a la Tomb Raider. As someone who solely plays on PS4 that sucks for me but it gives Microsoft's catalog that is comparable to Uncharted. I just can't see the logic in exclusivity that isn't at least 6 months or more.

maddman60620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

if you think that's ridiculous what about the 1 year exclusive content for Destiny on PS4?

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a PS4 Division Season Pass owner 30 days isn't long enough to care about, I'm liking the Division but this ain't moving console's.

BrettVandelay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a PS4 owner I love this. it means I have 30 days were they can fix any annoying/game breaking bugs, and I have 30 days of feedback to see if it's worth my time!

The Division looks fun but it's definitely not a "I MUST PLAY ALL OF IT ASAP" kind of game. I don't really see what the big deal is here. Isn't this the same as Destiny and the PS4 exclusive items/strikes for a whole year?

Or it could be like the Black Ops III map pack, which launched on the Xbox One with the same map glitches that were in the PS4 version.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's kind of meaningless really. Since consoles are closed platforms, its not like you're missing out and other players are getting an edge on loot collection. Timed exclusive DLC has always been a pretty silly 'perk' for consoles to get.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Sony has been doing this all of the current gen, thought Microsoft had stopped.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is GREAT! Makes so much sense to have a timed exclusive to sell more copies of a specific version of a game and not advertise that fact anywhere.

That way, people won't actually buy that version so Microsoft is just burning money and you end up wasting people's time on PS4 and PC.

The best of both worlds

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Destiny did this, except it was 12 months of exclusivity. Annoying but not a deal breaker, I still played it on Xbox.