#1 Edited by RipTheVeins (1540 posts) -

Thanks to Cheap Ass Gamer, the promo code CAGROCKS will get you 25% off a bunch of PC games on Amazon. Tomb Raider for PC is also already on sale through amazon for $5 off and the code works on top of that, so I figured I'd let you duders who are looking for a good deal know here since this is basically the best price for this game anywhere right now.

Not sure how long the code will work for though, but it did work for me.

EDIT: Just a warning to those who are still on the fence, all the info I found about the code indicate it ends tomorrow sometime ( Feb 28).

#2 Edited by austinmiller (100 posts) -

Damn, I just put in an order through Green Man Gaming last night for $36. Still a great deal, but I love Amazon and have an Amazon Credit Card which would have given me points for purchasing it there.

#3 Posted by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

This work for the console versions as well? It's weird but I'd like to play this on my ps3

#4 Posted by Slax (885 posts) -

@Sackmanjones I believe, according to their website, that it is digital copies on Amazon only. Which is too bad because 20 dollars back on the physical PC version is looking pretty nice.

#5 Edited by TooWalrus (12976 posts) -

Amazon keys can be activated on Steam, right?

#6 Edited by RipTheVeins (1540 posts) -

@toowalrus: Pretty sure, at least Amazon is claiming that their downloads will come fully enabled with steamworks.

#7 Edited by psylah (2153 posts) -

Amazon keys can be activated on Steam, right?

Yep, the item you download is basically an HTML file with a steam code in it.

Or at least that's how it worked for XCOM.

#8 Edited by Live2bRighteous (306 posts) -

Awesomeness. This may increase my chance of picking it up. I was highly considering getting it... until Arma 3 was announced to have an alpha release in march. Though, this price drop is pretty tempting.

#9 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

Used the code to get The Sims 3 + Showtime (Mac) for $22 last night.

#10 Edited by Efesell (430 posts) -

Done deal. Seems like a great price for a game I'm champing at the bit to play anyway.

#11 Posted by TooWalrus (12976 posts) -

Sold. Can't wait. I'd better hurry up and finish Metal Gear... that game may be hella short if you just play through it, but listening to all of the codec conversations takes forever.

#12 Edited by Ubersmake (753 posts) -

Welp. I gave in. It looks like the one on Amazon is is the Steam version, if there even is a non-Steam version of the PC game coming out. The "Steam DRM" at the top of the listing gives it away, so for anyone who's concerned about this in either direction, that's there.

EDIT, also, thanks, @RipTheVeins!

#13 Edited by twigger89 (275 posts) -

just tried it and it won't take the code, is it working for other people? It would suck if I missed out on this

#14 Posted by Avarix (46 posts) -
#15 Edited by Andorski (5110 posts) -

just tried it and it won't take the code, is it working for other people? It would suck if I missed out on this

Just bought it with the code. Try redoing it.

#16 Posted by Jams (2956 posts) -

Order total: $28.74

Now that's a deal!

#17 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2480 posts) -

Make sure you're choosing the downloadable version, not the box version.

#18 Posted by RipTheVeins (1540 posts) -

Just a warning to those who are still on the fence, all the info I found about the code indicate it ends tomorrow sometime ( Feb 28).

#19 Edited by mandude (2667 posts) -

Already used my CAGROCKS on SimCity, but I just bought this on GMG for $36. Fuck you for enticing me, Giantbomb, fuck you.

#20 Posted by betterboulder (190 posts) -

Thanks for this one! I was gonna buy it from GMG soon but I'm glad I saw this before hand.

#21 Edited by Peacemaker (1099 posts) -

A new release game for 35 bucks is good enough for me. I just realized that I'm going away the day the game comes out though. I guess I'll just have to stay up until it unlocks then play until I have to go. I'll just nap on the plane.

#22 Edited by Live2bRighteous (306 posts) -

Bah, sadly the discount code doesn't work anymore. I picked it up at GMG instead for $36. :L

#23 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

Sold, can't wait to see how the PC version looks.

Bah, sadly the discount code doesn't work anymore. I picked it up at GMG instead for $36. :L

Weird, it just worked for me.

#24 Edited by lead_farmer (1038 posts) -

Just worked. Thanks!

#25 Posted by Fattony12000 (6357 posts) -

WHAT THE SHIT!? IT TOTALLY DOES NOT WORK AT ALL.

DAMN YOU WILLY WRIGHT!

#26 Posted by Fattony12000 (6357 posts) -

I'm using TunnelBear and it's still not working, could it be to do with the tax thing in some states?

#27 Posted by Radish (25 posts) -

Just wanna post to say thanks.

#28 Edited by Capaneus (36 posts) -

It will not work if you already used the code. It is a one time use code. But heck, since most of these preorders give you a code that works on Steam and/or Origin, just create another Amazon account and use the code on there.