First patch out, fixes post effects and downsampling.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zenmastah

Alas, fancy hair still cost 20 frames and apparently tesselation isnt fixed.

Performance is better though.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Remember, if you have a nVidia card and want all post effects run the game in exclusive fullscreen.

i5 3550, gtx 670, 8GB RAM

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

what's yo card?

what's exclusive fullscreen?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is tesselation exactly? I have it turned on but I don't know what it does. I turn the hair off.

And I swear this game updates every time I quit out of it.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cloudnineboya

so tessellation actually does not work i thought i could see no difference when i switched it off? and i was gonna show a neat little trick to get post affects to work in fullscreen looks that i dont need to now . wish the hair was fixed just starting second play through because i had only one collectible to get but it was glitched and it bugged the hell out me plus i just want to play it again.,lara's back baby.

paulwade1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tesselation generates additional polygons to smooth blocky things into smooth things. for example a hexagonal wheel would become circular.... boobs become rounder. sometimes, something that is a flat texture can become polygonal. like the bandage on her leg. Or the pockets on her ass.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas: I think it has something to do with splitting shapes into smaller parts to make for smoother appearances. So rounded objects would appear to be less polygonal, for example. Not 100% sure though.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

your both right. gold star's awarded.

thetenthdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By thetenthdoctor

Sweet. This patch is from Eidos' side, improving stability on Intel/Nvidia systems and fixing fullscreen effects. Once the patch from nvidia arrives, we should see improved performance in the TressFX and overall performance.

@killacam: Exclusive Fullscreen uses every pixel of your display for the game, instead of a fullscreen window that still shows the toolbar and window icons around the edges.