Tomb Raider Definitive PS4 edges out XB1 in performance.

• 166 results
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@donpixel said:

@demoskinos said:

@brundage: I like my games looking as good as possible so... I care? =|

get a pc then.

I have one. That has nothing to do with wanting my games on my brand new console to be as optimized as possible.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

People need to shut the fuck up about PC power every time a discussion is going on about console vs console. I have a high end PC, the X1 and the PS4... Doesn't mean that I'm going to constantly pop into threads and say, "you guys should get the PC version cause obviously it's better hur hur..." Some people don't have a high end PC so it makes a difference to them which console performs better. The graphics card I have in my PC cost $499... as much as an X1... Not everyone has the luxury of having that. So you know, back off.

Refreshing.

But seriously, yeah we all understand that the PC has the potential to be a more powerful system so please stop bringing it up. The dead horse has now been beaten into an unrecognizable, pulpy slush.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

People need to shut the fuck up about PC power every time a discussion is going on about console vs console. I have a high end PC, the X1 and the PS4... Doesn't mean that I'm going to constantly pop into threads and say, "you guys should get the PC version cause obviously it's better hur hur..." Some people don't have a high end PC so it makes a difference to them which console performs better. The graphics card I have in my PC cost $499... as much as an X1... Not everyone has the luxury of having that. So you know, back off.

No Caption Provided

HOW ABOUT YOU BACK OFF

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I am ok with 30 or 60 frames and games don't have to be in 1080p for me but I would much prefer that the 1080p gets the priority over the 60fps, which unfortunately seems to be the case for the One, it's either or at the moment, which for a next gen console kinda sucks.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@liquidprince said:

No Caption Provided

HOW ABOUT YOU BACK OFF

Bring it.
Bring it.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connerthekewlkid said:

@liquidprince said:

No Caption Provided

HOW ABOUT YOU BACK OFF

Bring it.
Bring it.

No Caption Provided

YOUR SMALLTIME KID

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

@brundage said:

@demoskinos: yeah but you're already calling this a trend. We're not even a year into the systems life cycles and we're judging the performance of launch titles. There hasn't been enough multi platform releases to call any kind of trends yet and comparing the performance between launch titles is what crazy people do.

We're not even a fucking THIRD of a year into it. Jeez, man. Fuck all this shit, I'm gonna go play TR on my PC...

What do these posts even mean? We already know the specs of the Xbone, and it's pretty weak compared to the PS4 and extremely weak compared to a high end PC. This isn't some big mystery like some people try to make it out to be.

"Who knows what'll happen dude, it's only been a few months. Maybe in a year aliens will abduct every Xbone in the world and give them better hardware and it'll become even more powerful than the best PC's man, now pass the blunt."

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By LiquidPrince

@connerthekewlkid: I'm pretty sure mine is still bigger since half the extra length of yours is coming from its sheathe. Also it looks like it's made out of stone... possibly copper, but probably stone. Kid.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@greggd said:

@brundage said:

@demoskinos: yeah but you're already calling this a trend. We're not even a year into the systems life cycles and we're judging the performance of launch titles. There hasn't been enough multi platform releases to call any kind of trends yet and comparing the performance between launch titles is what crazy people do.

We're not even a fucking THIRD of a year into it. Jeez, man. Fuck all this shit, I'm gonna go play TR on my PC...

What do these posts even mean? We already know the specs of the Xbone, and it's pretty weak compared to the PS4 and extremely weak compared to a high end PC. This isn't some big mystery like some people try to make it out to be.

"Who knows what'll happen dude, it's only been a few months. Maybe in a year aliens will abduct every Xbone in the world and give them better hardware and it'll become even more powerful than the best PC's man, now pass the blunt."

WELL ACCORDING TO WHAT THE HISTORY CHANNEL TOLD ME ON THE HIT TV SHOW ANCIENT ALIENS MARTIANS GAVE THE EGYPTIANS ELECTRICITY SO THEY COULD JUST AS EASILY UPGRADE THE HARDWARE SPECS ON A CONSOLE.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@connerthekewlkid: I'm pretty sure mine is still bigger since half the extra length of yours is coming from its sheathe. Also it looks like it's made out of stone... possibly copper, but probably stone. Kid.

But you cant bring photoshop to a fight.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince said:

Watch me.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connerthekewlkid said:

@liquidprince said:

Watch me.

Tomorrow morning, flagpole after school, be there...........

or be sqaure

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

hmmmmmmm interesting, I guess this is really Square Eidos really dipping their toe into next gen consoles. If it's good or not might be a while each console doesn't perform well

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

huh and here I thought we were passed all this crap when we realized framerate and resolution didn't make any of the games any better or worse....guess I was wrong, continue on people.

CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS WAS BETTER ON THE PS4 YOU STUPID FUCKS, HOW DARE YOU EVEN BRING THAT 720P GARBAGE INTO THE CONVERSATION YOU FUCKFACE!!!!

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two machines running on x86 architecture, one has better hardware and produces better results.

This isn't news and shouldn't surprise anyone. The PS4 being a better spec and at a cheaper price, has been common knowledge before either were launched.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@luciddreams117: I'm not "fueling" flames. I don't see why this needs to start a flame war. Can we not have a conversation about this without flaming and fanboyism?

Hahaha! Ha ha. Hah. Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@donpixel said:

@demoskinos said:

get a pc then.

I have one. That has nothing to do with wanting my games on my brand new console to be as optimized as possible.

Yeah, PC doesn't need to be brought up in every single possible thread that discusses performance with consoles. We get it. You don't need to repeat it time and time again.

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By blackichigo

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos said:

@donpixel said:

@demoskinos said:

get a pc then.

Yeah, PC doesn't need to be brought up in every single possible thread that discusses performance with consoles. We get it. You don't need to repeat it time and time again.

I don't even know why anyone cares. It is a game that came out almost a year ago on "Old" consoles and PCs. All I can say is, "Go ahead and spend $400+ plus dollars on the console or PC of your choice. That game is still kind of boring."

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Maybe I'm actually lucky that I can't afford either console so I have an outsider perspective, because people defending anything (no matter what company it's from or what gizmo you play it on) that's factually inferior to another option have to realize that their arguments are insane.

Maybe the difference is negligible and you don't care, that's fine. But please, don't try to convince someone else that their support of an empirically better thing is wrong. You just look sad.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#70  Edited By NMC2008

@liquidprince said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@liquidprince said:

Watch me.

Tomorrow morning, flagpole after school, be there...........

or be sqaure

I fucking knew "or be square" would be under that fucking spoiler.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@joshwent said:

Maybe I'm actually lucky that I can't afford either console so I have an outsider perspective, because people defending anything (no matter what company it's from or what gizmo you play it on) that's factually inferior to another option have to realize that their arguments are insane.

Maybe the difference is negligible and you don't care, that's fine. But please, don't try to convince someone else that their support of an empirically better thing is wrong. You just look sad.

Thank you for your expert opinion Coffy

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@joshwent said:

This. All other things being equal, the one with a single leg up in any department is the better option.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

@demoskinos: if you really care about best looking games, you'd get a PC. This just starts the flame war over and over again. How about we wait and year and see what happens. Remember all the shitty ports PS3 had early on? Now, people swear by that console. You have wonderful looking games like The Last Of Us. You get a great valued service like PSN Plus.

Be the better person and don't help fuel the flames.

This, fucking this. Why get either console if you are worried about FPS or Resolution? It should be about what is better for you, PSN or Xbox Live, Halo or Killzone. Fuck Killzone and fuck Rico. Sorry, just bad memories.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By joshwent
Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#77  Edited By Sackmanjones

That's quite a substantial difference if it's true, I imagined that they would both run comparably well. I'm not a stickler for 60fps but it is nice to have if I can get it and it's a shame the X1 theoretically can't reach that. Oh well, I won't be picking this up anything soon, my time with it on ps3 was just enough, gotta say the game does look quite nice now. They definitely seemed to have put some work into it

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't see what there is that warrants such a discussion here. The Playstation 4 is more powerful than the Xbox One. This to me is really nothing surprising in the slightest.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#79  Edited By PimblyCharles

This really isn't a surprise considering that Crystal Dynamics, Inc. has made their games always look better on Sony hardware when it comes to consoles. Point being that this is not likely the game nor engine to prove which console can produce better graphics/frame rate.

Look at their last game before this: Tomb Raider: Underworld. It looks far better on PS3 than XBox 360.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I can yell at all those Xbots on YouTube about how PS4 is teh better console! Yesss!!!!

/s

vladk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, what? Another game that runs/looks better on a console with the better GPU? Amazing!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i knew they skimped on the transistors.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@joshwent said:

Pretty much this. These consoles will have a handful of worthwhile exclusives, with most games being multiplatform. This does matter when evaluating which console to get if there aren't any exclusives that one would consider a system seller. If your console of choice is Xbox One, this may not matter to you, but don't fool yourself into thinking this doesn't matter at all.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i knew they skimped on the transistors.

Not enough terapoops.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

As much as I don't personally mind that sort of thing, I'm going to have to flag your post. If someone watched that at work without knowing the contents, they could be fired. Good point leading up to that post, though.

And here's a thought: If this is supposed to be the definitive version of the game for consoles, can they legally even call the Xbox One version definitive? Shouldn't it be "The almost definitive edition" on Xbox One?

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#87  Edited By crithon

wow, this thread got ridiculous.... it's tomb raider..... nuff said.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: Took it down. Personally, I think any NSFW warning is bullshit because people shouldn't be watching YouTube videos or reading internet message boards at work... AT ALL. But boobs aren't appropriate on GB anyway so that classic hooker cat fight is gone.

Back to the thread!...

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: also kinect uses 10% power of the cpu even if you unplug it

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#90  Edited By l4wd0g

Is anyone actually buying this game? Maybe it's best if we wait for an article from Digital Foundry. Or at least save our bickering for when there's a 3rd party game that isn't a 360/PS3 port.

I wonder if they aren't problems utilizing the Xbox One's eSRAM or if it is the DDR3 holding it back.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nmc2008: those tressFx man that kill framerate even on the pc

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I don't think this is about 30fps vs 60fps as a preference, its more that the difference between the console versions seems significant. That's a pretty severe difference in power, similar to 720p and 1080p. If XB1 continues to run games at 720p 30fps just like the 360, what is the point in the upgrade? And this is coming from someone who owns a XB1.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Fuck it, I'm going home and SMASHING that fucking Xbox One to pieces. Fuck that black box of shit!! I wasted so much time and money on that thing and it can't even do something that if nobody told me I wouldn't have noticed and now I care... BECAUSE!! M$ have lost my businesses!!!

:-/

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck it, I'm going home and SMASHING that fucking Xbox One to pieces.

Don't forget the kinect.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By SomeJerk

Gran Turismo 1 is a great game, but its 30 fps haven't aged very well. Once completing a certain task in one of two ways, a special Arcade mode that adds 60 fps high-resolution timetrials opens up. Having had the pleasure of playing this hi-res mode GT1 recently, it's safe to say that there is no way 30fps can be considered competitive to 60fps. 30fps is an okay portion of food, it'll give you sustenance and nutrition and fill you up and it is perfectly fine, in fact I like it that way because it's good enough.

60 fps in comparison is a steak and a blowjob (or lip&tongue-reading of the new testament) that it magically gives you the full RDI of everything you need for the day.

If the reviewers do not shit upon the Xbox One version's 30 FPS like they they shat upon PS3 versions having galaxy-sized measurements less than a 30fps disadvantage in the past, if they do not even mention that they'd have shat upon it if it was the past generation, then fuck those reviewers. It would be just great if the review guidelines for the Xbox One version leaked and we could see what was coming, which quite possibly is a generation of "shhhh don't say anything, we're a US company yaknow".

(..that said, forcing it to work at 1080p hurts performance like a mutha. Thanks esRAM!)

SongWriter1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

Waiting for the PC version which feels like the correct way to go.

But don't you know the PS4 is a supercharged PC?

Not sure if this is sarcasm or stupidity, but regardless, got a pretty good laugh out of it :)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

We all knew where we'd get more processing power for our money. I'm just glad that developers take advantage of it.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@songwriter1987: Sony said that when they revealed the PS4 architecture. It's just a dumb marketing term.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#99  Edited By lumley

Microsoft certainly have to pull their finger out and sort this mess out before stuff like this gets more widespread and commonplace with multi-platform games. I haven't seen this much Xbox One hate on the internet since 'Resolutiongate'.

Not on this site I must add, it's my own fault for browsing *shudders* NeoGaf earlier, the elitist nature of the posters over there really gets on my nerves.

As an Xbox One owner this news is slightly annoying (not about this specific game, it's a port that I couldn't care less about). I never normally pay attention to fps on the games I play (I've stuck to Xbox 360 for most of my gaming and PC for indie/smaller titles for the past 5+ years so I've probably never even seen 60fps in action) but reading some of the 30fps vs 60fps analogies in this thread it does make me wonder why Microsoft ever thought the spec differences wouldn't be that big of a deal. Resolution isn't that much of an issue for me, I only have a 720p TV at the moment and will soon have a 32" 1080p TV so I'm not really going to notice the differences anyway.

That's not to say I'm unhappy with my choice of console, I'd always said that I would get one console this year and probably the other when I see a good deal on it because for once I can actually afford to spend a decent amount of money on video games - and let's face it, these consoles are going to be around for a long time, the earlier I buy into both the more exclusive games I can play.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By xyzygy

People getting upset at a last gen port of an action adventure game that *only* runs at a solid 30 FPS instead of 60?

Fuck some gamers are fucking stupid.