jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmyfenix

Full size image.

Rumours were unsurprisingly true. Looks like the ad accidentally popped up on the VGX site, so expect an announcement and trailer during the event.

Well my only question is no Wii U?

No Caption Provided

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

I would totally play this again on better hardware

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Sure, why not. I wonder if they plan on charging $60 for it. I liked the game enough to play through it again.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21: It is Square-enix it will probably be $60.

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Poonz

Really good game, don't know if I'd play through it again. Please let Last of Us be the next port be announced.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd be overjoyed if it came out over here in the UK and was on the PS Store at the equivalent of $60...rather than the $85 to $90 they're doing now.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I played this on PC and it looks really nice so I'm sure these version will too.

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9  Edited By WightnNerdy

I wouldn't mind playing through it again—I really liked it and it's one of my favourite games of 2013.

I don't want to spend another $60 on it, though. And I highly doubt you can do the $10 upgrade.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My game of the year, but I'm not in the habit of buying games twice. Regardless, a potentially great release for people that missed it.

Yadilie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

No time wasted on those PS3/360 HD ports. Easy money for SE what with the lack of any software on either console at the moment. Maybe Tomb Raider won't be considered a failure anymore when this version launches.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I'm totally down for this game again on the new systems!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#13  Edited By Humanity

Awesome game wrapped in a lot of fabricated controversy that did it a great deal of disservice.

In my opinion, easily the best game in its genre of this entire generation - yes even better than Uncharted 2.

I'd love to be able to play it again on next gen systems with lower load times, and if course..that fabulous hair.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Dallas_Raines

I'll definitely play it again for that hair.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mildmolasses: Tressfx!!

It looked like garbage in Tomb Raider. The hair was just flopping around like crazy while clipping into everything. I turned it off after a few minutes. Look at Alice if you want to get your fix of great looking video game hair.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

love that game, definitely top 3 this year.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, so it will be for PS4 and the Red Bull X1 Prototype 2010. I didn't know the X1 had an onboard computer powerful enough to run a modern video game.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@altairre said:

@jimmyfenix said:

It looked like garbage in Tomb Raider. The hair was just flopping around like crazy while clipping into everything. I turned it off after a few minutes. Look at Alice if you want to get your fix of great looking video game hair.

why cant anyone just enjoy anything anymore

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Never played this when it released so yeah, sure, I'll definitely check this out on better hardware.

@altairre said:

@jimmyfenix said:

The internet is a terrible place.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Square Edios's PC releases have been really impressive, it'd be nice to see if they could really add that onto the console versions.... that and Tressfx, I mean come on

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

it would be really cool if this was a $10 upgrade...just sayin'

It's not like the "definite" version has hours of singleplayer DLC (unless they've held off until now?) and I don't think anyone is still knee deep into the multiplayer.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BisonHero  Online

@mariachimacabre said:

Never played this when it released so yeah, sure, I'll definitely check this out on better hardware.

@artelinarose said:

@altairre said:

@jimmyfenix said:

Alice: Madness Returns did have really good hair, though!

I have less positive things to say about that game's monotonous platforming and cut bossfights.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#23  Edited By Hailinel

Of course there would be a Game of the Year Definitive Edition.

I bought the PS3 version but never got around to playing it. Maybe I should do that.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By crithon

@mariachimacabre said:

@artelinarose said:

@altairre said:

@jimmyfenix said:

Alice: Madness Returns did have really good hair, though!

I have less positive things to say about that game's monotonous platforming and cut bossfights.

well, not just the hair, but there was the added particle effects, like the teapots who would leave behind goo you could walk over. That game really was beautiful and then the added boost of little graphical flourishes added more to it.

Loading Video...

OneLoneClone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By OneLoneClone

Cool, I never played this title.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It's funny, but also a good idea, that debs are taking advantage of the frustration from players at the difference between PC & console games from the end of this generation. I'm sure many would be interested in several 2013 games being ported to the new hardware. It's the console version of getting a new graphics card and seeing how shiny your old stuff looks.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I assume both these versions will have some form of tressfx seeing as AMD hardware is in both the machines.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played on pc already and I don't think I want to go through the whole thing again. It was pretty good though.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hatking

@csl316: It's really nice seeing other people appreciating this fantastic game as much as I did. I'm not sure I'm ready to say it's my favorite game of this year, but it's certainly up there. Having said that, I'm not sure I need to go buy it for new hardware. I'm not super picky when it comes to tech stuff, so my 360 copy is still fine with me. But this is great for anybody who missed it.

Edit: Not sure why Giant Bomb's formatting is being troublesome. I can't do anything about un-bolding that text.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Man hilarious how quick were already seeing uprezed cash ins that being said Im a sucker and Ill most likely buy it on PS4.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Justin258

@hatking said:

@csl316: It's really nice seeing other people appreciating this fantastic game as much as I did. I'm not sure I'm ready to say it's my favorite game of this year, but it's certainly up there. Having said that, I'm not sure I need to go buy it for new hardware. I'm not super picky when it comes to tech stuff, so my 360 copy is still fine with me. But this is great for anybody who missed it.

Edit: Not sure why Giant Bomb's formatting is being troublesome. I can't do anything about un-bolding that text.

I do agree there, this was definitely one of the best games of this year. There was a bit of a rift between the tone they were going for and the actual story we got, but it's still a competent story that lets us participate in some of the best third person shooting in a long time. Maybe ever.

Incidentally, this is probably going to be the best game on next gen consoles when it comes out.

Anyway, I already have it on PC and I doubt they're going to add anything to the console versions that isn't already in the PC version.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

I do agree there, this was definitely one of the best games of this year. There was a bit of a rift between the tone they were going for and the actual story we got, but it's still a competent story that lets us participate in some of the best third person shooting in a long time. Maybe ever.

Incidentally, this is probably going to be the best game on next gen consoles when it comes out.

Anyway, I already have it on PC and I doubt they're going to add anything to the console versions that isn't already in the PC version.

This game honestly surprised me a great deal. I've been a fan of the recent Tomb Raider games and loved the ambitious puzzle room design (which the old TR's and Crystal Dynamics' Legacy of Kain games mastered). I'm a fan of Uncharted but was put off by this game just following that template. Or so it seemed.

What I got was a game with really fun tactical combat, a Metroidvania inspiration, creative puzzle design, an interesting story, and exploration that kept me coming back. It was extremely polished and full of memorable set piece moments, but it didn't feel like a linear adventure game to me. In fact, it reminded me of Soul Reaver due to its open nature.

Hell of a game. As a reboot, it tried its hand at just about everything so I'm really curious how the sequel plays off its strengths and downplays its weakness. I'm also glad people are starting to realize how talented Crystal Dynamics really is.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By crithon

Well, it's facinating, I've been replaying Sleeping Dogs and Deus Ex on PS3 and then jumping onto PC. The difference is noticeable, with higher texture packs and higher resolution helped that whole outlines in deus ex. Tomb Raider to be honest is a weird case, the higher textures are decent but don't really get shown well in the shanty town fights. The game looks better in the smaller tombs where you see the beautiful details they put into the game. And the tressfx isn't applied to everything, it's an interesting tech that is only applied to her hair, I heard Tressfx 2.0 was added to Wolves in Tomb Raider as a test. Doubt that's going to happen unless AMD does something, but also Tressfx isn't being forced onto video cards by AMD, just more if your PC can run it then go nuts.

the hair vanished on me a couple times, and then Lara had a buzz cut with a hole in the back of her head

No Caption Provided

And also this reminded me how I held out on Soul Reaver till it came out on Dreamcast and I could play that on a VGA adapter. So yeah, there's a lot of people holding out till it's on their nice new system and they will love it as well.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hatking

@crithon: Hm. She's kinda rocking that Patricia Franchini look. Probably more practical for exploring and combat, too.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been dying to play this game forever, but for some reason never did pick it up. Can't explain why, just never panned out. Super excited for this. Made the hold out worth it.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be picking this up! haven't play it yet. I'm wondering if there are more last gen ports coming out soon.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By bigjeffrey
No Caption Provided

thought the game was alright, maybe i'll also end up getting this version for Free aswell.

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I played with TressFX off because the regular hair was in the prerendered cutscenes. Also it did crazy stuff.

I wonder if there will be any more content in these versions and if it'll make it to PC. My guess is no based on the lack of non multiplayer DLC and that whole thing where the game wasn't a success by their definition.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By crithon

@bigjeffrey said:
No Caption Provided

thought the game was alright, maybe i'll also end up getting this version for Free aswell.

hair, the last great frontier for Computer rendering. I want to see this on EVERYTHING!

No Caption Provided

but yeah 2 weeks ago, AMD had a developer conference about next gen tressfx. I geek out over this kind of tech talk. And again, I'm surprised AMD isn't locking this down onto cards models like Nvidia is. If this is on Xbox one and PS4 that's really going to make games look wonderful.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Looks like I'll wait for this version to play

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bigjeffrey

$60

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Square will do anything to get those sales projections

Also this game sucks only slightly less than every other Tomb Raider game.

With the potential this had I'm honestly surprised to anyone found it enjoyable but to each their own.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well my only question is no Wii U?

Because that would be a downgrade, where as I expect the XB1/PS4 versions will be comparable with the PC version on ultra, also hair.

@crithon said:

Square Edios's PC releases have been really impressive, it'd be nice to see if they could really add that onto the console versions.... that and Tressfx, I mean come on

That's because they didn't make it. Nixxes did.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By benpicko

I'd honestly buy a ton of games on the PS4 if they just rereleased old games for it for like $20

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tomb Raider is my favorite game of 2013 so sure, I'll play it for the PS4.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By Krockett

Tomb Raider was so Underrated this year....Specifically here on Giant Bomb...I think Brad was way off. But that being said, I understand that it was bogged down by what the dev said. Its a shame...truly a wonderful game.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Still haven't played it, and it's coming out when nothing else is, so I might play this!

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, I could just go play my PC version again but at 1440p instead, also the game was going for like $10 during the Steam Sale.

It's funny that they pretend that version doesn't exist but I'm more annoyed over thinking the announcement was going to be a new Tomb Raider game, not a cash-in "remake"

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

It's a good game, if more people play it, that's a positive.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched the story bits on Youtube a while back, didn't seem that interesting but considering how much people seem to like it I might check it out at some point. Not gonna get a new console just for that, though.

@crithon said:

hair, the last great frontier for Computer rendering. I want to see this on EVERYTHING!

No Caption Provided

but yeah 2 weeks ago, AMD had a developer conference about next gen tressfx. I geek out over this kind of tech talk. And again, I'm surprised AMD isn't locking this down onto cards models like Nvidia is. If this is on Xbox one and PS4 that's really going to make games look wonderful.

That wolf has better hair than I do...