#1 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

It a really good monster hunter clone. It's waaay easier too so normal people can play it too.

#2 Posted by TopSteer (656 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up, I'm a big fan of Omega Force so I'm curious to see what they do with a game like this.

#3 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

@topsteer: it's actually way more fun and fast then monster hunter.

#4 Posted by TheHT (11240 posts) -

Studio 4C had something do with this game right?

#5 Posted by Random45 (1196 posts) -

@jz: Normal people? Are you saying fans of Monster Hunter are abnormal? :P

#6 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

@theht: no clue

I played the 4 hours of the demo today and I can tell you the production values of this game are crazily high. It's the best looking vita game I've seen.

#7 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -
#8 Posted by BlackLagoon (1428 posts) -

@theht: Yes, they made an animated promo for the game:

#9 Posted by TheHT (11240 posts) -
#10 Edited by shinjin977 (758 posts) -

I hate monhun (I know its like im not even japanese) but this game is ok in my book. Like MonHun for people who hate MonHun.

#11 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#12 Edited by Hailinel (24712 posts) -

If this game doesn't get me to use my Vita, nothing will. Bring on the Omega Force goodness!

#13 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

@hailinel: use knives it's the most like DW

#14 Edited by Hailinel (24712 posts) -

@jz said:

@hailinel: use knives it's the most like DW

I'll keep that in mind.

#15 Edited by Fattony12000 (7404 posts) -

Tecmo Koei is set to join the wave of “cooperative hunting games” released on the Vita with Toukiden: The Age of Demons, and fans of the genre will soon get to give the game a go.

Announced on their official European Twitter account today, a demo for Toukiden will be hitting the North American PlayStation store tomorrow, with Vita owners in Europe getting to join in on the fun come January 29th.

Source: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/tecmo-koei-announces-release-of-toukiden-demo-in-us-europe-along-with-technical-details/

Dynasty Warriors developer Omega Force is bringing its monster hunting Vita-exclusive Toukiden: The Age of Demons to Europe on 14th February 2014, publisher Tecmo Koei has announced.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons was a big deal in Japan where it sold 122,794 in its opening week in June, according to Japanese sales tracking company Media Create. That's more than Super Mario 3D World sold during its launch this week on Japanese shores. Toukiden went on to shift 420,000 units. Not bad for a new IP on Vita.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-27-toukiden-the-age-of-demons-is-coming-to-europe

#16 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#17 Posted by Fattony12000 (7404 posts) -

@jz: about Japanese video games?

#18 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -
#19 Posted by ESREVER (2689 posts) -

30 item limit seems crazy to me. I've been enjoying the demo up until I hit the item limit. How am I suppose to deal with my items in storage. I'm use to being able to stockpile all the items I get from mobs for use later. Doesn't look like I can do that in this one.

I hate it when games have an arbitrary item limit. So annoying.

#20 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

@esrever: that's just for the demo the real game has a 400 item limit

#21 Edited by Hailinel (24712 posts) -

I just reached chapter two and the demo is still going. How long is it?

#22 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -
#23 Posted by ESREVER (2689 posts) -

@jz: Thanks, thats reassuring. Does demo progress carry over to retail?

#24 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#25 Edited by NegativeCero (3001 posts) -

I really like it so far. Bow is my favorite weapon after I realized I could hold the aim by using the R button. Before I knew that I was baffled that someone basically brought back the claw hold.

#26 Posted by Galadan (39 posts) -

I hate monhun (I know its like im not even japanese) but this game is ok in my book. Like MonHun for people who hate MonHun.

Very much what I hoped to hear, I will have to download the demo when I get home tonight. I like the idea of Monster Hunter, but the game play hasn't grabbed me.

#27 Edited by Fattony12000 (7404 posts) -
#28 Posted by ChoboBot (155 posts) -

I have to say I am enjoying the game myself. I played MonHun on Wii U and couldn't click with the gameplay that much but Toukiden's gameplay seems to be more fluid for me.

#29 Posted by Flacracker (1675 posts) -

The combat seems good and it is such a Monster Hunter clone that it makes me excited. But I am worried about the amount of big monsters in the game. They make you fight all of the trash mobs before you can take on the big monster quests. To be fair MH3U only has like 30 big monsters if you don't count the reskins. Is there any word on how many there are?

#30 Posted by MrMuscle (447 posts) -

I played a fair deal of MH3U both on Wii U and 3DS and had fun with it. Started playing this demo during the weekend and even though ive only been playing single player it seems like a fun game. Might have to get the full game next week.

Also, kudos to the developer for a 10 hour demo that carries over to the full game.

#31 Posted by Galadan (39 posts) -

@mrmuscle: Also, kudos to the developer for a 10 hour demo that carries over to the full game.

Indeed. I probably wouldn't have tried it otherwise. It feels like the kind of game where you need to spend a few hours with it to decide if it's for you. But at the same time I hate immediately replaying a lengthy section of a game. So this was perfect, and I'm probably buying the game.

#32 Posted by Happenstance (462 posts) -

Has this demo been taken off the EU store or something? I tried looking today but couldnt find it.

#33 Posted by MrMuscle (447 posts) -

@happenstance: its still there, try a manual search. The pre-order is up as well.

#34 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Tuesday!!