Posted by christopherson329 (216 posts) 1 year, 7 months ago

Poll: TrackMania with or without a controller? (126 votes)

yes 79%
no 21%
#1 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

Which ever you prefer...

#2 Posted by Nightriff (5162 posts) -

Yes because that is how Jeff plays?

#3 Posted by Barrabas (326 posts) -

I've played it just fine without a controller in the past, but I'll always prefer one for racing games.

#4 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1663 posts) -

I'm a fan of using the controller, just because it's got finer controls than a keyboard.

#5 Posted by Jrinswand (1711 posts) -

Poll options don't make any sense. LOL.

#6 Posted by JJOR64 (19025 posts) -

I use a controller when I play it.

#7 Edited by The_Grindilow (432 posts) -

Controller here. I'm having a hard time justifying upgrading from Canyon. Seems a bit of a waste of money just for a new tileset. Still a hell of a lot of fun to be had on Canyon too.

#8 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Poll options don't make any sense. LOL.

YES

#9 Edited by Happenstance (465 posts) -

I prefer using the keyboard

#10 Edited by phuzzybunny (173 posts) -

Definitely love using the keyboard. I tried using the controller but i can't get the precision I like.

#11 Edited by CollegeGuyMike (390 posts) -

I use a controller.

#12 Posted by JacDG (2127 posts) -

I want to use a controller, but I've always had issues connecting them to my laptop, so I've just used my keyboard and had no fun with it. Still can't believe I conquered Super Meat Boy without a controller.

#13 Edited by NickL (2246 posts) -

That is not a yes or no question but with a controller because the turning is sensitivity based where the keyboard is either all or nothing.

#14 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

@the_grindilow: Personally I hated the feel of the car in canyon and love the feel of driving in stadium, more than worth it to upgrade imo. To each his own I guess.

#15 Posted by TheHT (11555 posts) -

i play it without and would much rather use one. too lazy to fetch my PS3 controller for it though, especially since i usually load it up for 10 minutes or so at a time.

#16 Posted by Optix12 (621 posts) -

Im doing just fine without a controller and dont have the time to learn using the controller.

#17 Edited by Gruebacca (535 posts) -

What kind of question is this? Every driving game is best with a controller. Analog sticks are much easier to precisely move your car in a specific direction while keys just turn your car at a certain speed until you let go. Imagine playing a driving game with the face buttons instead.

#18 Edited by Colonel_Sarin (1 posts) -

I used a (360) controller in Canyon but I'm having trouble getting it to work right in Stadium. It's bound Accelerate to the right bumper and it's not accepting the right trigger as a valid input.

#19 Posted by MC_Hify (342 posts) -

I don't think it has analog control for acceleration so I don't think you can use the triggers. At least the last time I checked that was the case.

#20 Edited by The_Grindilow (432 posts) -

@nickl said:

@the_grindilow: Personally I hated the feel of the car in canyon and love the feel of driving in stadium, more than worth it to upgrade imo. To each his own I guess.

You know what dude I totally forgot about reverting back to the old cars. I did like the handling in Canyon, but the open wheelers are a bit easier to get to grips with. Kinda considering picking it up now.

#21 Edited by selbie (1937 posts) -

It gives you a much finer control for precise turns. Hitting the perfect apex of a turn can gain you 1st place record in some cases.

#22 Posted by Pr1mus (3953 posts) -

Racing Wheel

#23 Posted by Atwa (624 posts) -

I tried with keyboard but its just not as fun to me.

#24 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I had a much better time playing Canyon with a controller because of how much you could drift with that car. The car in Stadium seems to have very little ability to drift so the keyboard is pretty much on-par with my controller.

#25 Edited by Fattony12000 (7549 posts) -

Bolth.

But mostly X360 pad because it's good.

#26 Posted by mtcantor (948 posts) -

Controller. I'm not a savage.

#27 Posted by MikkaQ (10319 posts) -

What else would you use? The keyboard? Good luck.

#28 Posted by wa27 (7 posts) -

Is there some trick to getting this to work with a 360 pad? It doesn't seem to let me bind any of the buttons in the game (pushing one on the bind prompt does nothing). I just want analog control!

#29 Edited by bassman2112 (847 posts) -

I played for over a year with a KB, but within the past week have started using a controller.

My times have gotten so, so much better with the controller - I'm never going back.

#30 Posted by warpr (89 posts) -

Even though I play most pc games with a wired Xbox 360 controller, I play this on keyboard. I didn't have my controller with me when I started playing Canyon and now I'm used to it. I have shitty times, but that's not why I play this game so it doesn't matter :)

#31 Posted by Exodeath13 (1 posts) -

Personally, I use a wired xbox controller, I have used it since TMUF and I honestly think that it has made me a better racer over time (currently in the top 500 with Stadium and the top 100 in Canyon)