Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Triad Wars

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Triad Wars was planned to be an open world free-to-play MMO set in the Sleeping Dogs universe and was originally set for release in 2015.

This is the game I want to be shown at E3 the most

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Damn straight, I do hope it's a proper sequel and not a spinoff. Better than GTA5 hype?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I keep forgetting this is a thing. We better get lots of details and gameplay, especially if Square is still trying to release it this year

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

HOLY CRAP!!!

They screwed up my hometown the first time around, I really hope to see them get Hong Kong right! ... or maybe it's set in ChinaTown in L.A. or something. Then I'd be a sad panda.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

HOLY CRAP!!!

They screwed up my hometown the first time around, I really hope to see them get Hong Kong right! ... or maybe it's set in ChinaTown in L.A. or something. Then I'd be a sad panda.

If they want to keep the whole "There aren't a lot of guns in this city" as justification for focusing on melee combat then I'd guess it's not set in the US. Maybe Canada. I'd like to see them take on Vancouver Island or something like that.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CreepingDeath0

When this was announced wasn't it mentioned it was some MP only spin off thing? If that's still the case then... yeah, the only thing I want to hear about it is that it's been scrapped in favour of working on a full blown sequel.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to year for this game to be at e3 maybe next year we will about it

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Bollard

When this was announced wasn't it mentioned it was some MP only spin off thing? If that's still the case then... yeah, the only thing I want to hear about it is that it's been scrapped in favour of working on a full blown sequel.

They said it was a spin off but not what kind. People were speculating it might be mobile or something awful like that, but looking at that screenshot it looks a damn sight nearer to the original than I had dared hope. Even if it is multiplayer only I would be super excited if it played like the first one otherwise.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Eh. I would be happier I didn't see anything completely familiar coming out of e3. That's a pipe dream though. I didn't particularly enjoy Sleeping Dogs though. A meat-and-potatoes open-world crime game does nothing for me.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What, that picture is from the game? Huh. I'm a little more excited now. I was expecting this to just be a top down, 2D phone game or something.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By SomberOwl

@steadyingmeat said:

What, that picture is from the game? Huh. I'm a little more excited now. I was expecting this to just be a top down, 2D phone game or something.

I read somewhere it's for consoles.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themangalist said:

HOLY CRAP!!!

If they want to keep the whole "There aren't a lot of guns in this city" as justification for focusing on melee combat then I'd guess it's not set in the US. Maybe Canada. I'd like to see them take on Vancouver Island or something like that.

I just really want to see a game set in HK again, and do it right(er). I'm not sure how Western audiences would want the same city done again, as almost all open world games never revisit the themed city in the immediate sequel.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.