#1 Edited by Pr1mus (3775 posts) -

And Uplay too with more pre-order bonuses i believe.

The important one is that wherever you pre-order you get access to the open beta that starts now.

Not having a 360 i have been waiting almost a year for this.

#2 Posted by AlexW00d (6167 posts) -

FUCK YES INSTALLING NOW

#3 Edited by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

Anyone know if the in-game friends lists are tied to Uplay or Steam? Uplay is generally unoffensive, but it'd be pretty sucky if you can't just instantly compare times with all your Steam friends.

I've bought it in any case, because FUCK YEAH TRIALS!!!!

Moderator
#4 Posted by believer258 (11562 posts) -

Wait, really? I had no clue this was coming to Steam.

#5 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (388 posts) -

Wait, no, really? That's awesome!

#6 Posted by Pr1mus (3775 posts) -
#7 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@mattyftm said:

Anyone know if the in-game friends lists are tied to Uplay or Steam? Uplay is generally unoffensive, but it'd be pretty sucky if you can't just instantly compare times with all your Steam friends.

I've bought it in any case, because FUCK YEAH TRIALS!!!!

Please report back with your findings. My purchase hinges on being able to see my Steam friends.

#8 Edited by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

I've played the fuck out of Trials Evo.

#9 Edited by AlexW00d (6167 posts) -

@mattyftm said:

Anyone know if the in-game friends lists are tied to Uplay or Steam? Uplay is generally unoffensive, but it'd be pretty sucky if you can't just instantly compare times with all your Steam friends.

I've bought it in any case, because FUCK YEAH TRIALS!!!!

Please report back with your findings. My purchase hinges on being able to see my Steam friends.

It's uplay bro :(

#10 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@alexw00d said:

It's uplay bro :(

uplay? More like idontplay

My new year's resolution was to stop supporting anything with a Ubisoft logo on it.

#11 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Very good news but personally I don't like this game because its sole purpose is to drive you insane

#12 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1347 posts) -

I support this "Fuck Yeah Trials" mentality.

#14 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

If I buy it now can I play the beta now? Or do I have to wait for anything?

#15 Edited by yinstarrunner (1181 posts) -

HOLY SHIT! Best news I've heard all day.

#16 Edited by Pr1mus (3775 posts) -
@haffy said:

If I buy it now can I play the beta now? Or do I have to wait for anything?

You can play it now.

#17 Edited by BisonHero (6047 posts) -

@alexw00d said:

@ravenlight said:

@mattyftm said:

Anyone know if the in-game friends lists are tied to Uplay or Steam? Uplay is generally unoffensive, but it'd be pretty sucky if you can't just instantly compare times with all your Steam friends.

I've bought it in any case, because FUCK YEAH TRIALS!!!!

Please report back with your findings. My purchase hinges on being able to see my Steam friends.

It's uplay bro :(

:( :( :(

#18 Posted by HerbieBug (4193 posts) -

Yay for Trials! I hope the PC community buys the pants off this game. :D

#19 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

@pr1mus said:
@haffy said:

If I buy it now can I play the beta now? Or do I have to wait for anything?

You can play it now.

Cool thanks, just bought it.

#20 Posted by ajamafalous (11807 posts) -

Just as a heads up to everyone, it also comes with all of the single player levels from Trials HD (which was previously never on PC). So you're essentially getting both games for the price.

#21 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

Just as a heads up to everyone, it also comes with all of the single player levels from Trials HD (which was previously never on PC). So you're essentially getting both games for the price.

Yeah I've just been playing and relaised. Didn't think they'd be included considering the price lol.

#22 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Man, I played the shit out of some Trials Evolution. Soooooooooooooooooo good.

#23 Edited by Pr1mus (3775 posts) -

So after 3 hours i can say this game is pretty rad and also fuck this game!

#24 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

Have the controls changed or something? Feels like the bike drifts backwards a lot more than it did on Xbox. Also weird how long it takes to unlock the phoenix.

#25 Posted by magimix (55 posts) -

@haffy said:

Have the controls changed or something? Feels like the bike drifts backwards a lot more than it did on Xbox. Also weird how long it takes to unlock the phoenix.

I haven't made my mind up yet; if there is a difference between the PC and 360 version in terms of handling characteristics, or physics simulation, it's subtle. Certainly one would expect a slightly different experience with the HD tracks in TE:G versus playing HD on 360, as HD and Evo had slightly different handling characterics anyway, and TE:G is Evo tech.

For sure, maybe it's all just in mind head - but I've been playing a lot of Evo on 360 recently (410 medals and counting), running when through the same tracks in TE:G, things are definitely feeling slightly different in some aspects.

#26 Posted by Happenstance (459 posts) -

Just bought my copy. Trials Evo and Halo 4 were the two games that made me regret getting rid of my 360 so I'm really looking forward to playing this.

#27 Posted by Capum15 (4790 posts) -

Thanks for the information! Got a copy for myself and a friend. Only played two tracks so far due to tiredness, but I'm definitely looking forward to playing a lot more.

#28 Posted by Happenstance (459 posts) -

My CD key doesnt seem to be working when uplay asks for it. Anyone else had this problem?

#29 Edited by Happenstance (459 posts) -

Ok doesnt matter, the CD key worked when I reloaded uPlay. Unfortunately now it seems like Trials doesnt like my PC too much as its playing a bit choppy. I dont have the best PC but I thought it would handle this. Hoping it'll just be something that a patch can fix later down the line instead of hating my graphics card.

#30 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

@magimix said:

@haffy said:

Have the controls changed or something? Feels like the bike drifts backwards a lot more than it did on Xbox. Also weird how long it takes to unlock the phoenix.

I haven't made my mind up yet; if there is a difference between the PC and 360 version in terms of handling characteristics, or physics simulation, it's subtle. Certainly one would expect a slightly different experience with the HD tracks in TE:G versus playing HD on 360, as HD and Evo had slightly different handling characterics anyway, and TE:G is Evo tech.

For sure, maybe it's all just in mind head - but I've been playing a lot of Evo on 360 recently (410 medals and counting), running when through the same tracks in TE:G, things are definitely feeling slightly different in some aspects.

Yeah the HD tracks feel a bit weird, and I've noticed they've added somethings to make some of the tracks easier.

I didn't relaise at the when I posted, the centre of my controller is a bit fucked, so if I take my hands of the controller it drifts backwards lol.

#31 Posted by Happenstance (459 posts) -

Oh a lot of people seem to be complaining about the lag, I feel better now.

#32 Edited by Dizzyhippos (1351 posts) -

So how is the PC version of this?

#33 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

So how is the PC version of this?

It doesn't support sli or crossfire configurations, it runs like crap, online is broken, leaderboards are broken, video sharing is broken and it's infested with Uplay.

On the plus side, maybe they'll fix it in the next two weeks? Trials is a great game, it doesn't deserve such a botched port. Granted, it's still in "beta," but this game is supposed to be out in 16 days.

#34 Edited by MrT (162 posts) -

$19.99 is a lot for trials I'll pass

#35 Edited by Dizzyhippos (1351 posts) -

So its been like a week since I last asked, is this version still bad?

#36 Posted by DetectiveSpecial (464 posts) -

@dizzyhippos: I have had zero problems with it, aside from some bizarre framerate issues on some of the tracks. Nothing terrible, and obviously a coding issue as it goes away once you restart the track. I think the presentation is great and have no problems with the fidelity of the graphics. I played it on 360, and think it looks the same if not a bit better.

Now then.....a lot of people are still having problems with it. If you check out the RedLynx forums you'll find out that, as of now, you just have to get lucky in terms of your CPU/GPU types for it to work well. I'm running an i5 3570k and an MSI Overclocked 660 ti. I've seen people with much better rigs than mine having nothing but problems with it. So for you, it might still be bad. But it might not.

I think it's pretty great.