Posted by Sterling (2466 posts) 6 months, 7 days ago

Poll: What is being said in the menu song? (126 votes)

Man. Machine. The Future? 21%
Man. Machine. The Fusion? 72%
I am just as crazy as you and I have no idea! 7%

At first I thought it was saying future. But now that someone said they thing its fusion. I hear both. Is this guy just terrible at enunciation? Or is he clearly saying one of them and I just suck at listening? What is happening. Also why do I care, right. Take a listen for yourself.

I honestly hear it both ways. Each time I listen to it, it changes. I think my brain is just playing tricks on me. It has to be right. I am going crazy? I am. Puppy!

#1 Posted by teaoverlord (253 posts) -

I'm pretty sure it's fusion, but listening to it again, he doesn't really pronounce the "n". It's definitely either "fusion" or "fuchsia".

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11307 posts) -

He does say, "Welcome to the future," but the line in question is Fusion .

#3 Posted by Jay_Ray (1110 posts) -

I think it's: "Welcome to the future; Man, Machine, The Fusion."

This makes sense since in the future we will all be cyborg motorcycle riders doing impossible stunts

#4 Posted by EternalVigil (262 posts) -

I hear fusion. And the end of the next line sounds like revolution to me, which would make rhyming sense.

#5 Edited by ShaggE (6555 posts) -

I'm 99% sure there's a "ch" sound in there, so I'm going with "future". (or "fyoo-cha", as it were)

Edit: Wait, no, it's "Welcome to the future/man, machine, the fusion/welcome to the future/??? is ahead of evolution (I think)"

Edit 2: Okay, what the hell is that last line? I just can't make it out.

Edit 3: OH! OH! "Light years ahead of evolution"!

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (12096 posts) -

Future. Fuchsia is definitely another possibility :P

#7 Posted by Yummylee (22067 posts) -

RULES OF NAY-TURE

#8 Edited by teaoverlord (253 posts) -

Man, machine, THE FUCHSIA!

#9 Posted by Jay_Ray (1110 posts) -
@shagge said:

I'm 99% sure there's a "ch" sound in there, so I'm going with "future". (or "fyoo-cha", as it were)

Edit: Wait, no, it's "Welcome to the future/man, machine, the fusion/welcome to the future/??? is ahead of evolution (I think)"

Bike? maybe?

#10 Posted by Sterling (2466 posts) -

Man, machine, THE FUCHSIA!

If this was a question, this would have been the best answer.

#11 Posted by Sterling (2466 posts) -

@jay_ray said:
@shagge said:

Bike? maybe?

Light years ahead of evolution? I am pretty sure that is what that part is saying.

#12 Edited by Humanity (9604 posts) -

Welcome to the future - man, machine, the fusion. Lightyears ahead of evolution.

#13 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5040 posts) -

"Welcome to the future. Man. Machine. The fusion. Welcome to the future. Like [something something] evolution."

#14 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5040 posts) -

@humanity said:

Welcome to the future - man, machine, the fusion. Lightyears ahead of evolution.

Shit, this is it.

#15 Posted by Humanity (9604 posts) -

@humanity said:

Shit, this is it.

High five, we cracked the plot of Trials Evolution!

#16 Posted by ExiledAstronaut (128 posts) -

It's such a good song, i thought he was saying future though. :/

#17 Posted by Scrawnto (2456 posts) -

@humanity said:

Yep. You are the fusion of man and machine, making you "light years ahead of evolution".

#18 Edited by Sterling (2466 posts) -

@scrawnto said:

@humanity said:

Yep. You are the fusion of man and machine, making you "light years ahead of evolution".

Does this mean in the next game there just wont even be a rider? You will be the bike. Or is this the origin story of Lococycle?

#19 Posted by Humanity (9604 posts) -

@sterling said:

@scrawnto said:

@humanity said:

Does this mean in the next game there just wont even be a rider? You will be the bike. Or is this the origin story of Lococycle?

The next game will be a prequel and you'll be riding bone bikes with little dinosaurs running in your wheels like hamster wheels.

#20 Posted by Sterling (2466 posts) -

@humanity said:

@sterling said:

@scrawnto said:

@humanity said:

The next game will be a prequel and you'll be riding bone bikes with little dinosaurs running in your wheels like hamster wheels.

Welcome to the Past! Man. Fossils. The Invention! Welcome to the Past! The dawn of evolution!

#21 Posted by Humanity (9604 posts) -

@sterling said:

@humanity said:

@sterling said:

@scrawnto said:

@humanity said:

Welcome to the Past! Man. Fossils. The Invention! Welcome to the Past! The dawn of evolution!

You better copyright that!

#22 Posted by Jay_Ray (1110 posts) -

Case solved!

#23 Edited by joshwent (2300 posts) -

They should have got Kraftwerk to do it...

#24 Posted by DrX25 (1535 posts) -

What about the second set of lyrics? They repeat the first part, but then add on some more:

"Slay your darkest fear. No, they're not the drugs you fear"? I really have no clue.

#25 Posted by MikkaQ (10318 posts) -

Straight from the composer's blog:

Welcome to the future

Man, machine – the fusion

Welcome to the future

Lightyears ahead of evolution

Slay your darkest fears

Down the narrow tracks you steer

Welcome to the future

#26 Posted by MEATBALL (3334 posts) -

I'd only ever heard it as "Man. Machine. The Future." but listening to it again, it still sounds like he's saying future to me, because you can't really hear an "n" but when he sings "evolution" it too has the same problem - "evolutiaaaa" so that lead me to realise that it was indeed "Fusion" being sung.

#27 Edited by SunBroZak (1204 posts) -

That's a strong competitor for "Best Menu Theme of 2014" if I've ever seen one.

#28 Posted by Corevi (3978 posts) -

@sunbrozak: the only game i can think of that might step to this is Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Ultimate Suplex, because if it has lyrics that actually say Ultimax Ultimate Suplex then it wins

#29 Posted by SunBroZak (1204 posts) -

@sunbrozak: the only game i can think of that might step to this is Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Ultimate Suplex, because if it has lyrics that actually say Ultimax Ultimate Suplex then it wins

I still really like The Wolf Among Us's main theme, and I'd probably include it in the competition if the last part is out by the end of the year.

#30 Posted by Zripwud (247 posts) -

I wish it said: Man. Machine. CONFUSION!!!

#31 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2056 posts) -

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE! MAN, MACHINE, THE FUTA!