Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Jim Sterling gave it a 2.5/10

Solo mode gets more laughable when you learn that shooting the undead is a waste of time. They drop with one hit from a basic melee attack. Not the Brainer (which actually leads to every zombie getting a free hit on you), but a simple pistol whip. It’s quicker, safer, and easier to just run up to every zombie and bonk them in the face with your pistol.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Well, Deadly Premonition had some seriously bad review scores as well. I am also looking forward to the QL.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Zombie pistol whip simulator 2016

sounds good to me, what's the issue?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

This game looks absolutely miserable. The graphical fidelity of the maps remind me of Haze for some reason, also. I get the idea that they knew this game would absolutely bomb, so they decided to say it's "canon" and revive Wesker just to get some idle interest from fans. It does not seem to be working though.

Looks like this game got shut down, point blank.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@n7: Jeez.. e-sports commentary on this thing is just way too much.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the plus side, LOOK HOW FAST YOU CAN CRAWL!

Loading Video...

But really though, this game sounds rough. I think it was someone at Polygon who tweeted "Good news, Mighty No. 9! You're not the biggest letdown this week!" when the site's review went live.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Rafaelfc

Why people hoped this would turn out any other way is beyond me.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Sackmanjones

*sigh*

I used to buy pretty much an Resident Evil game regardless of reviews since it's my favorite series and I feel the urge to try these games for myself. Sadly, not even I can muster up the cash to purchase piece of trash. Hopefully we can bury this thing with ORC and keep our fingers crossed for RE7, which at the very least looks interesting.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert: I don't know why they were let down. Almost all of the gaming related sites I visit, were blunt with their dismissal of this game. Where as Mighty No. 9, while also not wowing people before its release, still had people hoping for something better.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

*sigh*

I used to buy pretty much an Resident Evil game regardless of reviews since it's my favorite series and I feel the urge to try these games for myself. Sadly, not even I can muster up the cash to purchase piece of trash. Hopefully we can bury this thing with ORC and keep our fingers crossed for RE7, which at the very least looks interesting.

That's what I don't get. Capcom has shown they can make decent decisions. Revelations was a hoot, Revelations 2 was a very exciting direction for RE. Then they announce RE7, breaking the walls down and starting over. All interesting additions, different in size and scope, but each bringing something new to the table.

Then Umbrella Corps(More like Corpse amirite lolool) comes out, is a terrible game, and we're all just sitting here like, really? This is where you chose to go?

I'd like to see even more unique entries into the series, as Capcom has shown to be selectively competent, but I guess when you've got enough money to fail, who really cares?

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ungodly said:

@bbalpert: I don't know why they were let down. Almost all of the gaming related sites I visit, were blunt with their dismissal of this game. Where as Mighty No. 9, while also not wowing people before its release, still had people hoping for something better.

You're not wrong about all that. That was my fault for using the word letdown in my paraphrasing. I think the original quote was worded in such a way as to express "this game is even worse than MN9" without the implicit "I had high hopes for one or both of these titles".

haxdax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still want to play it to see. I enjoy Resident Evils garbage games.I'll wait till its $0.25 on Steam.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@geirr: Not sure if this will have any rants about Jaws or "FK in the coffee!" to save it.

Zombie Jammer is pretty funny though.

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk if anyone really thought this would be good, but I at least would have checked it out if it was even mediocre. I love weird multiplayer modes, I put way too much time into the Kane and lynch games for example just because the ideas were so interesting.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Capcom can't catch a break lately.

If this keeps up they are going to be a Monster Hunter only company.

knotley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As one of the six people in the world who enjoyed Operation: Raccoon City, I have to say Umbrella Corps did interest me. Such a shame that, once again, Capcom managed to screw up.
Come on Monster Hunter: Generations. Please don't suck. Please oh god don't suck.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag said:

Capcom can't catch a break lately.

If this keeps up they are going to be a Monster Hunter only company.

Aren't they already a Monster Hunter only company? What is the last great Resident Evil game they made that fans were unanimously happy with? Even RE5 had this split opinion and that was what, like 7 years ago? At this point it would be more surprising if they released a good game for a change.

Aethelred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: The recent remasters of Resident Evil 1 and 0 were pretty good. Or do remasters count?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I'm in denial about it.

But there is at least attempts at Street Fighter, RE and Dead Rising games. And Dragon's Dogma Online I guess. They keep whiffing this badly on those, they won't be able to do that for much longer. At least that's what I tell myself.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: I was thinking more in terms of just Resident Evil. I really loved Dragons Dogma. I also liked that rebooted 3D Bionic Command and would honestly love it if they made a sequel to that, instead of you know, sinking more money into the festering corpse that is the RE franchise at this point.

@aethelred: I'd say they don't count since they are just refreshed version of existing games.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dunno, it at least seems capcom is trying to stay relevant as a game producer unlike konami. they seem to care to some degree still. but it does seem awfully misguided and/or in shambles in some places. im still rooting for them.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#23  Edited By Yummylee

Resident Evil spin-offs have always erred on the side of being complete trash, with the exception of the Revelations games if they can even be considered spin-offs. They're more like smaller budget 'B-tier' mainline games really. In any case Umbrella Corp is without a doubt the most far removed from all RE games, to the point where they even removed the name Resident Evil from the game completely! So in a way I'm somewhat glad this game is (unsurprisingly) such a shitshow, because seriously wot. eSports Counter-Strike inspired slippery movement simulator getthefugouttaheerrrreeeee.

Revelations 2 is still the last 'proper' RE game in my eyes, and that was totally alright. It was good enough that it represents a level of optimism that I hadn't had towards the series for quite some time. And now we have RE7's 'pure' horror direction, and not to mention a full remake of RE2 in the works, and there's still very possibly a Revelations 3 (likely centreing on Rebecca Chambers) to be announced also. Resident Evil still has legs to stand on and Umbrella Corp frankly does little to detract from what I think could be a healthy future ahead for the series.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Well given that they needed Sony to pony up to even get SFV off the ground, I don't know if they are going to be making much of anything on consoles if they keep rolling out duds like RE:UC. RE7 badly needs to be a mega hit for the sake of their other franchises as well.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

The long-running trend of Resident Evil spinoff games ranging from hot garbage to mediocre continues!