Uncharted Discussion Thread

• 85 results
ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I just don't understand how people can assume Drake isn't the main protagonist? The guy in the trailer is talking about Drake. I'd put money on Drake being the main protagonist. They may introduce a new character that may eventually take the helm, but it wouldn't make any sense to not have Drake.

AckbarTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By AckbarTheGreat

I really hope they don't make a new protagonist. Nathan Drake IS Uncharted to me. Replacing him would be like going to an Indiana Jones movie and having Sallah be the central character; it could be awesome but it wouldn't be Indiana Jones. If they want to make a new protagonist more power to them, just call it something else.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@ozzdog12 said:

I just don't understand how people can assume Drake isn't the main protagonist? The guy in the trailer is talking about Drake. I'd put money on Drake being the main protagonist. They may introduce a new character that may eventually take the helm, but it wouldn't make any sense to not have Drake.

Like I already mentioned, who's to say he isn't talking about Francis Drake.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By Hunter5024

So this probably isn't a 2014 game huh? We're a third of the way through the year and we haven't heard anything about this game since the initial trailer, which had very little information to begin with. Not to mention all the changes that have gone on at the studio since then. I certainly expect we will hear more about it soon, but if they were gearing up for a holiday release date we would probably know more by now.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: Sorry bro, Nathan is back, like I expected

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

They better have Charlie Cutter in there. That character was way too much fun for them to just abandon him like they did half way through Uncharted 3. He was one of the few good things to come out of that game.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@pr1mus said:

They better have Charlie Cutter in there. That character was way too much fun for them to just abandon him like they did half way through Uncharted 3. He was one of the few good things to come out of that game.

I bet you it'll have anybody who is anybody that is still alive in the game but yeah Charlie better be in there. Hell I bet Marisa Chase is in there in some capacity as well. I was really surprised by the lack of Elena in that trailer considering the ending of three.

CDUB901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the way they were talking about "one more time" and the subtitle of the game pretty much implies someone is going to die. Question is....is it Nathan or Sully that dies?

I'm actually really surprised that Sully hadn't died already in the past three games. He's got that lovable quality to him that makes you get attached and is perfect for getting killed off. I think him getting killed off would pretty much end the series as well because it'd make Nathan realize that he can't keep doing this or others around him that he loves could potentially die as well. So after that perhaps he settles down with Elena and they live happily ever after?

Of course there is the other route which I'm 90% sure would end the series and that is Nathan dying. After which maybe you could continue the series by having Nathan's son picking up where his father left off?

Or maybe nobody dies? Who knows!!! lol

I'm not sure, but regardless I think this is Naughty Dogs last ride whether it's the last Uncharted or not. Seems to me like they wanted to take advantage of the new hardware to tell one last story about Nathan and Sully and I can't wait.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdub901 said:

So the way they were talking about "one more time" and the subtitle of the game pretty much implies someone is going to die. Question is....is it Nathan or Sully that dies?

I'm actually really surprised that Sully hadn't died already in the past three games. He's got that lovable quality to him that makes you get attached and is perfect for getting killed off. I think him getting killed off would pretty much end the series as well because it'd make Nathan realize that he can't keep doing this or others around him that he loves could potentially die as well. So after that perhaps he settles down with Elena and they live happily ever after?

Of course there is the other route which I'm 90% sure would end the series and that is Nathan dying. After which maybe you could continue the series by having Nathan's son picking up where his father left off?

Or maybe nobody dies? Who knows!!! lol

I'm not sure, but regardless I think this is Naughty Dogs last ride whether it's the last Uncharted or not. Seems to me like they wanted to take advantage of the new hardware to tell one last story about Nathan and Sully and I can't wait.

I'm pretty certain they want to finish Drake's story (think I read that in an article on a different site) so regardless of who dies or not this will probably be Naughty Dog's last adventure with Drake and perfectly okay with that. Wish they woul dhave shown some gameplay instead of a CG trailer but maybe we'll see more of that as the expo fully begins.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No more Elena please.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

@marcsman said:

No more Elena please.

But more Chloe please.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Drake isn't handsome anymore. Fubai.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Did anyone notice the Drake's ring finger. I'm not sure if he's just worn something there in past games or whether or not they're subtly hinting that Drake got married at some point. Maybe to Elena.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#64  Edited By emfromthesea

I'm still of the mindset that this sequel is unnecessary. As a trio, I enjoyed the bombastic adventures of the Uncharted series, and I don't feel the (what appears to be) darker tone in this game is befitting of the games. That being said, it might be worth a shot even if just to see what a next-gen Uncharted looks like.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#65  Edited By Jeust

@themanwithnoplan said:

Did anyone notice the Drake's ring finger. I'm not sure if he's just worn something there in past games or whether or not they're subtly hinting that Drake got married at some point. Maybe to Elena.

He did, between Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Maybe now they drove appart, maybe even divorced.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first thought when I saw it just now: Sully is going to die. Elana is probably going to die or is already dead. I mean, it was insinuated at the end of Uncharted 3 that Drake is done, and probably got married to Elena so the idea of "just one more job" seems kind of ominous. It seems like such an overwhelming sense of dread.Whatever they do, I hope that they give more time to Charlie Cutter because he was my favorite character of the series besides Sully and Drake. And I'm sure that Chloe will be in there somewhere.

@mooseymcman Uncharted 3 was really good, but don't be crazy. Uncharted 2 is the best game in the series so far, and I would even argue the best game of that generation.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm all for this sequel because at some point in this game Drake will undoubtedly die and after finishing the first Uncharted a few months ago I look forward to that.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#68 sweep  Moderator

I feel like Sully being killed is too predictable. After the incredible writing in The Last Of Us, I'd expect more from those guys directing the project. If it really is Drake's last adventure, then killing off a bunch of people would seem a solid bet, but I hope they manage to deliver some unexpected plot twists along the way.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius said:

I'm pretty certain they want to finish Drake's story (think I read that in an article on a different site) so regardless of who dies or not this will probably be Naughty Dog's last adventure with Drake and perfectly okay with that. Wish they woul dhave shown some gameplay instead of a CG trailer but maybe we'll see more of that as the expo fully begins.

I 100% guarantee that was in-engine, not CG. You don't make a point of saying it captured from a PS4 if it's not in-engine footage. Granted, Naughty Dog likes to render their cutscenes out to video and touch them up to make them look a bit better than live gameplay, but they're still in-engine.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By EXTomar

Not Uncharted specifically, I love deconstructions. Drake and the series is to the point where I would love to see Drake turned upside down showing that instead of being the "scoundrel with the heart of gold" he has to face up with the stark truth that all too often he is a thief and a liar and often horrible. I would like them to go back and explore some goofy supernatural stuff that only the blood line of Francis Drake can solve mumbo jumbo and I'll be satisfied.

That said, I would love to see more Chloe and Cutter. Hell, put Chloe and Elena together to save the guys!

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar: I too would like see them do something different with Drake as well. I do think this will be a much darker game then the previous titles.

I 100% guarantee that was in-engine, not CG. You don't make a point of saying it captured from a PS4 if it's not in-engine footage. Granted, Naughty Dog likes to render their cutscenes out to video and touch them up to make them look a bit better than live gameplay, but they're still in-engine.

I didn't say it was pre-rendered just that it showed no actual gameplay. I can see where CG trailer could be construed as pre-rendered but CG trailers to me are basically movies whether they are in-engine or not. Also captured off a PS4 can simply mean rendered on a PS4 and not a PC just so they are showing some clarity but who knows.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I want more supernatural bullshit like one and two. I also want this to end. Just a really solid ending to the Uncharted saga. If the name is anything to go by, I might actually get that.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have a feeling this is going to be the last one. I mean...they named it A Thief's End. There's a ton of perceived finality in a title like that. It could mean that he's retiring or that he's dying, anyway I cut it I keep coming back to thinking this is the last we'll see of Nathan Drake.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@mooseymcman Uncharted 3 was really good, but don't be crazy. Uncharted 2 is the best game in the series so far, and I would even argue the best game of that generation.

Did you play a version of the game without the Yeti monsters? Because maybe that version is better than Uncharted 3. But the lack of supernatural, game-breaking stuff in the final third of the game, amazing set pieces and fantastic cutscene acting made Uncharted 3 the easy choice for me even if it still was a little shaky with the second half storytelling and the gunfights still weren't great. It was the only game in the series I didn't crank down to Easy for the final hours; in fact, I dove right back in after I finished and cranked it up to Hard.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By stonyman65

@nodima said:

@stonyman65 said:

Did you play a version of the game without the Yeti monsters? Because maybe that version is better than Uncharted 3. But the lack of supernatural, game-breaking stuff in the final third of the game, amazing set pieces and fantastic cutscene acting made Uncharted 3 the easy choice for me even if it still was a little shaky with the second half storytelling and the gunfights still weren't great. It was the only game in the series I didn't crank down to Easy for the final hours; in fact, I dove right back in after I finished and cranked it up to Hard.

I didn't really have a problem with the last half of Uncharted 2. It was challenging, sure, but not THAT bad. I played the entire game on normal and didn't have much of a problem, and then went back and played about half on hard before I moved on to something else. Honestly, I think the pirate levels and the part where you have to rescue Sully from the desert in Uncharted 3 were much harder than anything in Uncharted 2. I thought the middle half and the ending of Uncharted 3 was lackluster. So many things that the didn't explain, and they never really went anywhere with the main plot... It just kind of ended out of nowhere.

Uncharted 2 on the other hand had a very defined beginning, middle, and end. Everything ties up well with no loose ends and it was solid start to finish. I can't say the same for Uncharted 3.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@ozzdog12 said:

@yummylee: Sorry bro, Nathan is back, like I expected

Yeah, unfortunately =/. I had hoped it wouldn't have been as predictable as being yet another Nathan Drake adventure, but I'm not going to write it off entirely. I at the very least enjoyed Uncharted's brand of multiplayer for quite some time (more so 2 than 3, though), and I'm curious to see where they may be taking the story. Maybe this one will actually have a little more bite to it over Uncharted 3's.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

@zirilius said:

@extomar: I too would like see them do something different with Drake as well. I do think this will be a much darker game then the previous titles.

@ll_exile_ll said:

I didn't say it was pre-rendered just that it showed no actual gameplay. I can see where CG trailer could be construed as pre-rendered but CG trailers to me are basically movies whether they are in-engine or not. Also captured off a PS4 can simply mean rendered on a PS4 and not a PC just so they are showing some clarity but who knows.

By definition a CG trailer is pre-rendered. A CG film is one that has been generated on a computer in advance. That is what CG stands for (computer generated). If it was rendered on a PS4 then it was not a CG trailer. A trailer or cutscene using the engine is an in-engine trailer or cutscene. The way they worded the intro is could be either CG or in-engine but by saying CG you mean that it does not use the game engine.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By EXTomar

Uncharted 3 feels like big sections of the game were cut because they were incomplete, didn't work or whatever giving it a much more fragmented feeling unlike Uncharted 2. My memories of Uncharted 2 were I liked the whole experience top to bottom except the final fight while Uncharted 3 it felt like there was a big jump to the pirate stuff and the ME castle stuff that left me wondering.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#79  Edited By Castiel

Well there are a couple of things I feel like the need to address in terms of the story. I hated the fact that Elena and Sully are willing to risk their lives to save Nathan Drake, but his real name isn't even Nathan Drake, so he has essentially been lying to the people he love from day one. Why did he have a need to hide who he really is for the people he love the most? Considering how many times Drake have brought his friends into danger and how many times they have saved his ass, the least he could do is telling them the truth. That's one of the things that really bothered me about Uncharted 3. They basically ruined Nathan Drake for me.

So they have to address this in the newest game. You just can't throw a piece of information like that out there and then never pick it up again. They also have to bring back Charlie Cutter, he was one the few things I liked about U3; I loved the way they introduced him and I loved his personality and chemistry with the rest of the gang. The other side to this is that I hated the way he dissapeared halfway through the game, now I understand why he did. But they better fuckin' bring him back and they better addres the thing about Nathan Drake not really being Nathan Drake. Jesus U3 was a big fucking mess, both from a gameplay perspective and a story perspective, I actually think U3 played worse than U2, and I didn't have a problem with U2's controls btw. I love U2, but they really tried their best to fuck it all up with U3.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel said:

Well there are a couple of things I feel like the need to address in terms of the story. I hated the fact that Elena and Sully are willing to risk their lives to save Nathan Drake, but his real name isn't even Nathan Drake, so he has essentially been lying to the people he love from day one. Why did he have a need to hide who he really is for the people he love the most? Considering how many times Drake have brought his friends into danger and how many times they have saved his ass, the least he could do is telling them the truth. That's one of the things that really bothered me about Uncharted 3. They basically ruined Nathan Drake for me.

So they have to address this in the newest game. You just can't throw a piece of information like that out there and then never pick it up again. They also have to bring back Charlie Cutter, he was one the few things I liked about U3; I loved the way they introduced him and I loved his personality and chemistry with the rest of the gang. The other side to this is that I hated the way he dissapeared halfway through the game, now I understand why he did. But they better fuckin' bring him back and they better addres the thing about Nathan Drake not really being Nathan Drake. Jesus U3 was a big fucking mess, both from a gameplay perspective and a story perspective, I actually think U3 played worse than U2, and I didn't have a problem with U2's controls btw. I love U2, but they really tried their best to fuck it all up with U3.

Who said Drake's name isn't Drake? The whole reason he stole the ring from the museum in Uncharted 3 was because he believed that he was the descendant of Francis Drake. It was Marlowe who said that he wasn't the descendant because he was some orphan street rat and she thought that he couldn't possibly be a real descendant. She made it seem like he was crazy, but that was a theme that had come up in other Uncharted games as well since Francis Drake supposedly never had children.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who said Drake's name isn't Drake? The whole reason he stole the ring from the museum in Uncharted 3 was because he believed that he was the descendant of Francis Drake. It was Marlowe who said that he wasn't the descendant because he was some orphan street rat and she thought that he couldn't possibly be a real descendant. She made it seem like he was crazy, but that was a theme that had come up in other Uncharted games as well since Francis Drake supposedly never had children.

I just rewatched the cutscene and she seems pretty confident, also Drake has a look of surprise on his face that tells me it's true. He's real name is not Nathan Drake.

Loading Video...

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got bored of Nathan Drake: Mass Murderer 3. Not particulary psyched for another one. Became hugely predictable. Would rather see Naughty Dog with another new IP.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way they will kill Drake. Sully will probably die at the most. I do hope it's the last Uncharted game but I think it's unlikely.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel said:

@liquidprince said:

I just rewatched the cutscene and she seems pretty confident, also Drake has a look of surprise on his face that tells me it's true. He's real name is not Nathan Drake.

Loading Video...

Nothing in his reaction or in what she said disproves that Drake is actually a descendant of Drake. I mean all she's using as an attack is that he went to a boarding house that was named after Francis Drake and so he must of thought of a delusion of being his heir. However that doesn't really change what happened in the previous games where Drake knew that Francis wouldn't be in his coffin and so on... I mean obviously Marlowe would think Drake is crazy, because like I said, Francis was said to have died without children. I'm not saying it isn't possible that Drake isn't really a Drake, but there is as much evidence pointing to the fact that he is, as there is that he isn't.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel said:

@liquidprince said:

Loading Video...

Nothing in his reaction or in what she said disproves that Drake is actually a descendant of Drake. I mean all she's using as an attack is that he went to a boarding house that was named after Francis Drake and so he must of thought of a delusion of being his heir. However that doesn't really change what happened in the previous games where Drake knew that Francis wouldn't be in his coffin and so on... I mean obviously Marlowe would think Drake is crazy, because like I said, Francis was said to have died without children. I'm not saying it isn't possible that Drake isn't really a Drake, but there is as much evidence pointing to the fact that he is, as there is that he isn't.

I just realized what you where trying to say and I guess that makes kinda sense actually.