#1 Posted by JoeBigfoot (114 posts) -

Picked this up on my mac after the quick look. I've played around 7 hours and am not disappointed, as a lover of the Souls series - there's so much in this game that reminds me that experience.

For anyone intrigued by the idea of a Souls game crossed with a metroidvania try it out!

#2 Posted by zels (207 posts) -

Picked this up on my mac after the quick look. I've played around 7 hours and am not disappointed, as a lover of the Souls series - there's so much in this game that reminds me that experience.

For anyone intrigued by the idea of a Souls game crossed with a metroidvania try it out!

Whaa... how, how's it similar?

As someone who has played about 1.5 hours of Unepic I just don't see it at all.

#3 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

After watching that footage it doesn't resemble Demon Souls to me, but it looks fun.

#4 Posted by JoeBigfoot (114 posts) -

@zels: There's the animation priority, the way you can mix melee and magic. The general atmosphere the ability to warp to a safe area and save. Opening up shortcuts so you can skip through areas.

Admittedly none of those things are unique, but I think it pretty good at capturing the overall feel of DS in a 2D plane. Although it is easier.

Maybe I'm reaching because I desperately want to play another Souls game, but this is definitely scratching some of that itch for me.

#5 Edited by BeachThunder (12439 posts) -

Is Dark Souls really laden with frequent pop culture references and crude humour?

#6 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Having played (far too) many hours of Dark Souls and also a lot of Unepic, no, they're not similar at all.
But Unepic is a fun game overall, so that's always good

#7 Posted by poveren (87 posts) -

Gamepad controls on PC are STILL broken, triggers don't work so you can't map shortcut spells and those are crucial.

#8 Posted by me3639 (1855 posts) -

Actually writing a review for the game. I finished it about a week ago on hard and its a lot of fun. That early boss will either turn you on or off QUICK but overall for i think for $7 the depth 1 guy made is pretty impressive.

#9 Posted by me3639 (1855 posts) -

Actually writing a review for the game. I finished it about a week ago on hard and its a lot of fun, sometimes frustrating. That early boss will either turn you on or off QUICK but overall for i think for $7 the depth 1 guy made is pretty impressive. The writing is juvenile, as is the lead charcter, but doesnt bother me.