Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 21, 2017

Set in a galaxy far from the Milky Way, Mass Effect: Andromeda puts players in the role of a Pathfinder tasked with exploring new habitable worlds and investigating mysterious technology.

Lead writer of next Mass Effect was lead writer on Halo 4

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pyrodactyl

And that's basically it. There's no other writing credit I could find. Here's his IMDb page

The news is from a blog post on Bioware's site introducing the new leads for the next mass effect game.

Bioware has always had among the best characters in video games. Say what you will about Dragon age 2 and Mass Effect 3 but there was incredible character work in there. Halo 4's story and characters, on the other hand, were a terrible jumbled mess of trash. That game made me hate/not care about every single one of its characters, even the ones I did like in past Halo games.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I liked Halo 4's story :(

But I'm also a huge Halo nerd, and that games story was certainly not for everyone, but pretty much only those who know more than what has been told in the games.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By militantfreudian

Really? I can't remember Dragon Age 2, but, at the time, I thought Mass Effect 3 had some of the worst writing I've seen in a Bioware game. I wish Drew Karpyshyn would return to Bioware. I thought the first two Mass Effect games (well, more like the first one) had the best writing and storyline in the series.

Also, you can never tell, maybe at Bioware, the new lead writer would do good.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pyrodactyl

@militantfreudian: Mass effect 3 had some of the best character moments in the franchise. Shooting the shit with garrus in the citadel. Vega and garrus trying to one up each other. Drunk tali. Javik was also great all the way through and that Citadel DLC is jam packed with awesome character interactions for every single one of the crew members. The list goes on and on.

I also maintain that Varric is the best character in Dragon Age. Avalyn was pretty great too.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Halo 4's overarching plotline regarding the forerunners and Dennis Dyack may have been hard to follow, but I think it had the best character interaction in the series by far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.