#1 Posted by Morningstar (2173 posts) -

After completing their latest game, Army Of Two: The Devil's Cartel, the entire staff working on the game has been laid off. This was confirmed by

Mark D'Amico on twitter, as reported by Gameinformer.

Sucks that all these lay offs are still happening.

#2 Edited by Animasta (14697 posts) -

why would you do this before the game comes out? I mean come on, this practically telegraphs the fact that the game is garbage.

#3 Posted by Morningstar (2173 posts) -

@animasta said:

why would you do this before the game comes out? I mean come on, this practically telegraphs the fact that the game is garbage.

A fair point. No patches or DLC forthcoming then, I would assume.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14871 posts) -

Man this industry is rough. Feel bad for the guys who lost their jobs.

#5 Posted by TurboMan (7558 posts) -

Fuck... so many people are in the free agent pool. It's getting ridiculous.

#6 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Man, EA, you guys are EXPERTS at building up goodwill with gamers and then fucking lighting it on fire in front of them. Remember 4 years ago, EA? You motherfuckers were on TOP! Dead Space, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins. Incredible, generation-defining games. And now look at you. Doing coke on the bathroom floor, opening studios and then closing them as soon as they finish making a game. You're a mess. Get help. Before you hurt the ones you love the most...yourselves.

#7 Edited by Meltac (2002 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

Man, EA, you guys are EXPERTS at building up goodwill with gamers and then fucking lighting it on fire in front of them. Remember 4 years ago, EA? You motherfuckers were on TOP! Dead Space, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins. Incredible, generation-defining games. And now look at you. Doing coke on the bathroom floor, opening studios and then closing them as soon as they finish making a game. You're a mess. Get help. Before you hurt the ones you love the most...yourselves.

If they would just realize that somewhere deep down in our hearts we still love them, so they could get their head out of their ass :-((((((((((((((

#8 Edited by Sweep (8869 posts) -

Seems kinda ridiculous to me that these companies are pushing out a new generation of consoles while the industry is falling apart around them.

#9 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

You must have a ridiculously short memory. Tell that to Pandemic, Maxis, Westwood, or the numbers of other studios that EA has acquired and dissolved over the past decades.

#10 Posted by Barrock (3536 posts) -

This is incredibly depressing.

#11 Edited by cmblasko (1251 posts) -

@morningstar said:

@animasta said:

A fair point. No patches or DLC forthcoming then, I would assume.

Not necessarily; they could be handing over post-launch support responsibilities to someone else before unceremoniously dumping them as well.

#12 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@deathstriker666: If it wasn't obvious, I was specifically referring to the period when their stated goal was to produce great, original games and rid themselves of their bad reputation among players.

#13 Posted by BisonHero (6564 posts) -

@animasta said:

I know some people (on these forums, even) that like this series, but let's be real: 95% of the people that will be buying this new Army of Two game are meatheads who don't follow gaming news and almost certainly will not ever hear about Visceral Montreal's staff getting laid off.

#14 Edited by ImmortalSaiyan (4683 posts) -

@deathstriker666: If it wasn't obvious, I was specifically referring to the period when their stated goal was to produce great, original games and rid themselves of their bad reputation among players.

I remember that year. Good times.

#15 Edited by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Can't say I had high hopes for another Army of Two game, but firing the entire staff right after they finish a product is usually a very clear sign to stay well away from it.

#16 Edited by Captain_Tolerable (20 posts) -

With a preorder bonus of "Play as rap superstars BoB and Big Boi!" I don't see how this game will be a failure at all.

#17 Posted by Zaccheus (1795 posts) -

That game is going to be great for sure...