This game is great!

BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

It's one of those platformers where it's extremely punishing but if you keep calm, memorize and work on your own strategies you can eventually do it perfectly and feel like a total badass. I love the art style and the fact that it has an option for a speedrun HUD. If anyone else has played it tell me what you think. By the way I've only made it to the second section so far lol.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I'm really interested in this. Remember seeing it a while back. Getting big time arcade vibes from it.

Might grab it if I see some more good reviews. It's on sale for $10 for the next 7 days.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Scampbell

Needs a Quick Look.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pezen

I don't really get the name Völgarr. Or maybe I'm missing some form of irony. But it looks decent enough.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael

Yeah, it's very good. Probably the best "indie" game I've played (at the moment I certainly can't recall playing anything else that's comparable in quality). It's like a mixture of Rastan (which it resembles to the point where you could've fooled me into thinking Taito had brought that old franchise back out of retirement) and Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts. The controls are really tight and the level design is great. It's got some slow, boring spots but so far I've been enjoying it a lot.

Istealdreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that game looks like it would be best on my console, not steam =(

Istealdreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that game looks like it would be best on my console, not steam =(

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icemael: Have you played FTL? :o

Though, after seeing TorNis play this, I'm impressed.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to hear. Isn't it very, very short though?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

@istealdreams: It has controller support.

@truthtellah: No. From what I've seen that's not really a game I'd enjoy all that much, even if it does what it does well.

@morningstar: By modern console game standards, yes. By arcade standards or the standards of action games on consoles in the 80s and early 90s, no. And I really don't think it'd be better if it was longer any more than, say, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood or Contra: Hard Corps would be better if they were longer.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember seeing Robbaz play this months and months ago. I thought it looked sweet back then.

I tried it, and I'm not very good. I was never good at this kind of game, though.

LOTR_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, sure looks like Rastan. But hey Rastan is awesome.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JouselDelka

1. See thread title

2. Go to game wiki

3. Read description: "A sixteeen bit bla bla side scrol-- " I'll get back to GTA V now, that retro shit is getting boring.

I love that you're enjoying it, I'm just sharing my initial (and final) opinion as a response to your claim :) No hate!

Chojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Chojin

@jouseldelka:

1. See Quick Look

2. Go to Steam

3. Putting GTA V (which with all expansions really is GTA 15) back on the shelf. That gangster wannabe shit is getting boring.

Love that you (and most people on this planet) still loves GTA, but I rather play this golden viking god of a game any day. Actually have been all week:) No hate duder!:)

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm really loving this game. Never played Rastan, but I owned Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts as a kid and literally loved that shit to death. Seriously, the cartridge doesn't work anymore. And I never even got close to beating it. My double jumping skills definitely translate over to this game. I wanted Capcom to make a new Ghouls 'n Ghosts, but this will do just fine.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Picked up Volgarr thanks to Breaking Brad today...this game is awesome, takes me back twenty years to the heady days of games like Ghouls n Ghosts and of course Rastan. Definitely not for everybody and I think this type of thing will appeal more to older gamers who may better appreciate the nostalgia and difficulty factor.