pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pyrodactyl

https://www.twitch.tv/gamespot

Deus Ex inspirations. Infiltration options stealth/shooting/hacking. Non lethal run possible

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By Joe_McCallister

nice find - Twitch showing offline for me but chat has 500+ in there talking about exploding Vapes - which I can only hope are the main antagonist of WD2.

Looks like it's up on the GS side though: WatchDogs 2 Livestream

Danny saying he's more excited than he was at least - I just need to see something that's actually compelling - hopefully next week brings some gameplay and reasons to check it out.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Loading Video...

Definitely looks more polished and fleshed out.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty cool, and hey, non-lethal options. Want to see how the story sorts itself and how much we have to deal with uber-cool hacker kidz.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looks better, a little worried about how they talked about the internet culture and doing it for the lolz.

Avatar image for deactivated-5909e94ba2838
deactivated-5909e94ba2838

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I skimmed through that video I heard "edgy" "raw" "underground" and "memes" in the space of 10 seconds, heh.

They certainly went all in, a bunch of 30 something white dudes are willing to show you their image of cool/ modern teen culture, given the how spectacularly they could fail there's a little something admirable in the trying.... I guess.

It's also kind of hilarious seeing millions of dollars spent on replicating garbage meme culture.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Is the audio on the video posted above out of sync for everyone?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Humanity

I skimmed through that video I heard "edgy" "raw" "underground" and "memes" in the space of 10 seconds, heh.

They certainly went all in, a bunch of 30 something white dudes are willing to show you their image of cool/ modern teen culture, given the how spectacularly they could fail there's a little something admirable in the trying.... I guess.

It's also kind of hilarious seeing millions of dollars spent on replicating garbage meme culture.

I think maybe you should watch the whole thing..

It all looks really good. They're expanding on every aspect of the original which was already a solid open world action game. I like the look of the main protagonist and overall the whole package is super slick.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

This all already looks more appealing than the first one, I'll give it that much. That there's no more Aiden is a saving grace in particular.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best part of this whole Watch_dogs 2 debacle has been watching Danny O'Dwyer cry on twitter for days at a time about how it was leaked and gamespot was robbed of their first look coverage.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:
@spacefish said:

It all looks really good. They're expanding on every aspect of the original which was already a solid open world action game. I like the look of the main protagonist and overall the whole package is super slick.

I dunno, maybe I'm just getting old and grouchy but most of the characters they showed seemed pretty unlikable to me. The whole thing gave me an Infamous:Second Son vibe, just even worse.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks pretty great. Looking forward to the parkour too.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42 said:
@humanity said:
@spacefish said:

I dunno, maybe I'm just getting old and grouchy but most of the characters they showed seemed pretty unlikable to me. The whole thing gave me an Infamous:Second Son vibe, just even worse.

The video from gamespot sells the game much better than that dumb video

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@artisanbreads: watching that video did get me more interested - one thing they did well in WD was the sense of difference in each borough/neighborhood, and it'll benefit the game here for sure. It also looks good honestly, pretty crisp and is hitting some beats that I want them to explore. The new protagonist is pretty cool, I like the backstory and it makes some sense - I'm actually looking forward to this quite a bit more now that the "case" is out there. Love the improvised weapons and 3D printed weapon, there are some seriously interesting concepts to be explored there as well as with the current climate around privacy and sharing private data. This is starting to shape up a bit more than that first teaser, that was rough, and we all know the chances Ubisoft has to have this go sideways but I at least feel like they're expanding on what worked in the first quite a bit.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Super "dumb" attitude. Set in San Francisco. Drones lifting mainframe computers. Topical on-the-nose character motivations. Rebels that "just wanna have fun." If this turns out good, sign me up! This looks like Watch Dogs will have fun with itself instead of trying to be overly serious. Hopefully, they'll do enough to liven up the stale Ubisoft formula.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kcin

I wonder how they're gonna keep you in SF with both bridges there. Put those bridges under construction and SF would be a fuckin ghost town 20% less-populated than normal, according to census data for commuter-adjusted daytime population.

Oh and I watched this video on mute, and the game looks fuckin rad. I never played the first one, so this might as well be a first impression on me. Sounds like the attitude is grating to some, so maybe the key will be to play the game on mute, too!!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I'm somewhat interested. Depends of the story (and a bit of whatever there'll be any other releases close to the end of the year besides Deus Ex).

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By Atwa
No Caption Provided

This cinematic trailer, who the fuck comes up with this shit?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42: you're getting old and cranky. Aiden Pearce was too serious and brooding for people so they went with someone that seems closer in touch with current culture. At some point developers will run out of ideas for who the main guy should be since people seem to be increasingly dissatisfied with every combination.

sauseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill give this another shot. Those animations look pretty nice also.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm into it. Yeah, some of the internet culture stuff and the fact that that guy actually said "lolzy" out loud is a bit cheesy, but from what they showed there, it also just plain looks like a lot of fun. It certainly appeals to me more than the first game which I totally skipped since I didn't wanna play as another bland guy on a gritty revenge spree or whatever it was.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another game with sociaphatic hacker going on a killing spree, i'm good. Watching these trailers i'm not sure if i'm out of touch and old or these trailers are out of touch.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Well this is looking simultaneously like the best and worst Silicon Valley/Mr. Robot crossover fanfic.

@kcin: You do know SF isn't on an island, right?

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See I don't trust this sort of stuff since it's giving me Watchdogs flashbacks of looking really good and then ending up being Watchdogs. Maybe when it comes out it gets some pretty nice reviews but man it's gonna take a lot.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this is looking simultaneously like the best and worst Silicon Valley/Mr. Robot crossover fanfic.

@kcin: You do know SF isn't on an island, right?

Yes. Hello, I live in the Bay Area

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@kcin said:

I wonder how they're gonna keep you in SF with both bridges there. Put those bridges under construction and SF would be a fuckin ghost town.

Oh and I watched this video on mute, and the game looks fuckin rad. I never played the first one, so this might as well be a first impression on me. Sounds like the attitude is grating to some, so maybe the key will be to play the game on mute, too!!

Based on some of the language they used I don't think the game is limited to San Francisco. It sounds like Oakland is in there too as well as some of the surrounding areas.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Oh my god I am so fucking hyped.

Gonna miss that dope extendo, but dude's got some cool-looking twirly shit going on here. Really curious about what they do with the story this time around. I appreciated Pearce being outside of DedSec, but it'll be interesting to get more insight in the group. Getting some real Mr. Robot vibes. Hopefully there'll be some internal intrigue in the story, and it won't be quite as flat as the Assassin/Templar conflict.

Bit of a stretch for every single car to be hackable, but whatever, that'll be fun. Parkour looks fucking great. World too. Wonder how the co-op will work. Do I get to choose an online avatar, but always appear as Holloway from my perspective?

Looking forward to it!

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely looks better than the first. Story seems meh but is a step up from the revenge bullshit of the first one. Glad they went for a new protagonist.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kasaioni

That was a pretty bad choice of a song to use in the initial trailer; the word "spaz" is a pretty bad word to use in more places than just the UK. Might as well use the word "retarded".

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about the story setup, but the main character's design and animations look cool. Although, towards the end, you can see the character showing off a move similar to a butt stomp/ downward airstrike.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was one of the people who genuinely enjoyed the first game. It was flawed, sure, but I didn't dislike it like a lot of people (Aiden included). This one seems to improve upon everything, so I'm super fucking excited.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I'm interested but will wait until after launch to hear impressions. I got waaaaay too burned on the original.

CoffinVarnishh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely looks a bit too 'lit' for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity:

I actually like it, I think its cool they are trying something new, the game itself looks way more interesting than the first. Just the language they use and the chosen aesthetic is funny and a little awkward.

I love the idea of playing as bunch of weird nerds but we get a group of video game ass video game characters plastered in random accessories in a vain attempt to make them "iconic". Replicating contemporary culture is tough to do, even if its goofy they get some respect for even trying.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I definitely more interested especially given that the main character is of another ethnicity. Given that there's three different play styles I will try my hardest to do a pacifist run.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spacefish: I guess I don't mind it because it works in videogames for me. If this was a movie then in real life stuff like that would look kinda goofy. In a videogame though heck yah give me weird outfits, and iconic imagery. There are times when I want something to be gritty and realistic but typically I want to see that envelope pushed with vibrant graphical design and stand-out characters.

llyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched that video and was left empty.. it just feels soulless even though they are talking about how 'alive' the world will be. The main character had 2 lines of backstory then a music video where he just stands there and plays with his phone.

Out of curiosity I went back and watched the GTA 5 reveal trailer as a bit of a comparison and ... I can see why I wanted to know more about the main character and world.

Loading Video...

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By LiquidPrince

It's looking good. I still wish A. they could make the game look as good as they make their AC games look and B. they just connect it to the AC universe explicitly.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Blackout62

Certainly as someone whose family's been in the Bay Area for three generations, I'm interested in how accurately Ubisoft's going to portray my stupid techy overpriced hiraeth of a city.

Underground seems so much worse when its a city that due to tectonic activity and a foundation that's mostly sand, old ships, adobe, and native skeletons, can't actually have an underground.

Speaking of SF history: The preorder bonus is Zodiac themed. It's good that the game is acknowledging the parts of SF that aren't just tech cause that does not come across at all in the trailer. But the Zodiac Killer? I really don't think that's as marketable as Ubi thinks it is.

@liquidprince said:

It's looking good. I still wish A. they could make the game look as good as they make their AC games look and B. they just connect it to the AC universe explicitly.

I think the best punchline of every Ubisoft open world game would be that they all turn out to be pointless because they all tie into and lead to The Division. Watch_Dogs, Far Cry, and even AC mean nothing cause everyone dies in the Dollar Flu or gets killed by Division agents.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@liquidprince said:

I mean, they already did pretty explicitly link it to the AC universe. One of the side missions in Watch Dogs is to assassinate a character from Assassin's Creed IV, who in that game leaves halfway through on a business trip to Chicago.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's something weird about the MC. It's almost like they made what would be a side character that at most gives out side quests be the protagonist.

Anyway, glad I watched this, if only so it could kill my interest in buying it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@spacefish: I guess I don't mind it because it works in videogames for me. If this was a movie then in real life stuff like that would look kinda goofy. In a videogame though heck yah give me weird outfits, and iconic imagery. There are times when I want something to be gritty and realistic but typically I want to see that envelope pushed with vibrant graphical design and stand-out characters.

I like all that stuff too, it just bothers me here because I feel either Ubisoft thinks this stuff is cool, iconic, envelope pushing stuff and its just not, or they are doing the farcry thing and being ironic and i've had my fill of that angle on a younger generation.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good. I thought the first game was alright. Hoping the story and characters in this one aren't as God awful as the first game.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By atomicoldman

"We want to tap into the internet culture, all the memes"

No thanks!

edit: It's also great how they show that you can use a drone to scout areas, and then immediately cut from that to dumbass hoop flying minigames.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@liquidprince said:

I mean, they already did pretty explicitly link it to the AC universe. One of the side missions in Watch Dogs is to assassinate a character from Assassin's Creed IV, who in that game leaves halfway through on a business trip to Chicago.

But I wanna see like modern day assassins running about.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

edit: It's also great how they show that you can use a drone to scout areas, and then immediately cut from that to dumbass hoop flying minigames.

You can only hope all that stuff is optional, not making the Just Cause 3 mistake where you need to engage in the pointless side stuff vs its just there if you really want it.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: I'd hope so, but it's still a poor way to show off something that could otherwise be a cool feature.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what ive seen this all seems extremely hokey/absurd, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm definitely more interested in it than I was for the first game.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By probablytuna

1. Non-lethal option? Check

2. Improved driving? Check

Now I'm slightly more interested.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The billiard ball on a string is a fantastic main weapon, that's really cool. The rest of this really just looks like more watch_dogs, which is quite possibly the last open world game I would ever want to play. I'm not going to spend 80CND to climb Ubisoft towers in between doing 18-21 lackluster story missions for 22ish hours. This absolutely does not look like a Assassin's Creed 2 scenario.