Digital high? A copy of GTA5?

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just watched the "Unfinished" and Brad highlighted a mission type where you implant a digital high in your head and do some crazy mission with a spider. This seems to be a similar mission where in GTA 5 where Michael smokes some strong doobies and you start shooting aliens.

Come on Ubisoft, I know GTA 5 was a threat to Watch_Dogs but don't copy mission structures directly from the game.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That's not exactly a new concept...

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Would you really rather that every mission in the game be completely serious, and also be 100% original? One of those things is possible, if a bit bland, but the other isn't.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

@abendlaender said:

That's not exactly a new concept...

This.

I like the way the OP phrased the spider-mech mission, though. ''you implant a digital high in your head and do some crazy mission with a spider'' makes me envision buddy-cop shenanigans with you and your spider pal.

Also, I don't really think it's necessary in spoilering the mission, either. It's been publicly shown after all, and anyone who's avoiding spoilers to the degree where they won't watch an early GB QL of it also isn't likely to be checking out the forums, either.

Avatar image for usernameandemail
Usernameandemail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does digital high mean VHS copy of Wild Wild West?

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By EarlessShrimp

yeah, they should have made the drugs work more like they did in narc!

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

If we're going to start complaining about games using concepts that were in other games, then I hate every video game that was made after the original Donkey Kong.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SingingMenstrual

Digital High should be a fucking game studio name, not all these silly names developers have been coming up with.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UBISOFT invented drugs, man.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

ORIGINALITY PLEAZE OR THE VIDYAGAME INDUSTRY IS DOOOOOOMED!!!

I've already jumped in games before, COME ON UBISOFT!!!

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For all I complain about unoriginality in video games, this is a really minor thing to take issue with. It's fine if one good game that can stand on its own take a concept from a game, it becomes a problem when every game in the genre has been using the same mechanics for years.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@yummylee said:

I like the way the OP phrased the spider-mech mission, though. ''you implant a digital high in your head and do some crazy mission with a spider'' makes me envision buddy-cop shenanigans with you and your spider pal.

I would totally play/watch that. They could call it Spider&Man and it would be hilarious.
"Damn Spider buddy, that guy totally lied to us. One could say he was.....spinning the truth!"
"Shut up Frank"

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Spider tanks make me think of Ghost in the Shell. GTA V didn't make me think of Ghost in the Shell.

Advantage: Watch Dogs.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Everything's a copy of everything in some way. As long as the game's fun I could care less whether or not it has similar mission structures to another well regarded game.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

The digital high idea just makes me think of those TekWar novels William Shatner "authored". (Not a positive comparison.)

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#16 fisk0  Moderator
Loading Video...

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'Digital High' makes me think of a 90's or early 00's TV show akin to Hogwarts where students at a boarding school/ high school jack in to learn and become hackers.

VoidPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Ugh, another comparison to GTA. WD: Open world, has cars, does NOT make it a GTA clone. The focus here is hacking; it's quite possible to do this without using any (private) cars, public transportation (el-train, cabs) are usable also (although some missions i'm sure would best be done with a car of course). Walking is where this game is..you're not going to be profiling people when you're driving about

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anything theyve copied the vibe from Saints Row series when creating these digital trips..