Got Watch Dogs early. Ask me anything.

• 126 results
SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Is the stuff I heard about losing all of your online notoriety points if you turn off invasions even once true?

How does the driving feel? It always looked... off... to me in the videos. Can't put my finger on it. It looks like it would feel like Sleeping Dogs driving (which I didn't like).

He already answered that it feels a lot like Sleeping Dogs like 10 posts above yours

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Might be a really general question but- is it good? Considering picking it up but I'd like impressions first.

sadsadsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did you preorder it?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@falserelic said:

@mr_misery said:

@falserelic: What happened to your PS4?

I was about to start playing Warframe and it froze at the start menu. When I tried to turn the power off it wouldn't shut off. So I had a do or die moment and I pulled the plug, it chose death. Before that I was already having annoying issues with the console. Now I'm planning on getting an XONE in june. I have a feeling the ps4 will get discounted, and since I've already seen what it's about I can wait.

As of now I'm jumping ship to its competition. Maybe this was destiny and this was suppose to happen. Hell I might end up liking the Xone more then the ps4 for all I know.

Shouldn't this be covered by the warranty?

@splodge said:

@seppli said:

@falserelic said:

@mr_misery said:

I was about to start playing Warframe and it froze at the start menu. When I tried to turn the power off it wouldn't shut off. So I had a do or die moment and I pulled the plug, it chose death. Before that I was already having annoying issues with the console. Now I'm planning on getting an XONE in june. I have a feeling the ps4 will get discounted, and since I've already seen what it's about I can wait.

As of now I'm jumping ship to its competition. Maybe this was destiny and this was suppose to happen. Hell I might end up liking the Xone more then the ps4 for all I know.

It should be. Did it happen once, or multiple times? Any computer in the world can freeze at some point or another. A power surge in your electrics would lock up any system. If it is a thing that is happening regularly, you will be covered under warranty. Would be a waste not to get it replaced at least.

I just got done talking to Sony. They said they'll cancel my pre-order for Watchdogs, but since I request the money to go back into my bank account. It's going to be abit more of a process. As for the ps4 he said he'll send me a new one, but I have to fill out some service information and give my broken ps4. I also have a case number to track the shipping process.

You guys were right about the Warranty, its for 1 year. If this happened to me I'm sure its going to happen to other GB members. If your ps4 is freezing its already happening.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Niceanims

Are there hamburgers in this game?

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@falserelic said:

@mr_misery said:

It should be. Did it happen once, or multiple times? Any computer in the world can freeze at some point or another. A power surge in your electrics would lock up any system. If it is a thing that is happening regularly, you will be covered under warranty. Would be a waste not to get it replaced at least.

I just got done talking to Sony. They said they'll cancel my pre-order for Watchdogs, but since I request the money to go back into my bank account. It's going to be abit more of a process. As for the ps4 he said he'll send me a new one, but I have to fill out some service information and give my broken ps4. I also have a case number to track the shipping process.

You guys were right about the Warranty, its for 1 year. If this happened to me I'm sure its going to happen to other GB members. If your ps4 is freezing its already happening.

Good save!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@itwongo said:

Are there hamburgers in this game?

And if they are, how next gen do they look?

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who killed Laura Palmer?

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatonedudenick said:

Is the stuff I heard about losing all of your online notoriety points if you turn off invasions even once true?

How does the driving feel? It always looked... off... to me in the videos. Can't put my finger on it. It looks like it would feel like Sleeping Dogs driving (which I didn't like).

He already answered that it feels a lot like Sleeping Dogs like 10 posts above yours

I totally didn't search. I've been caught!

fossas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many lights do you see?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

What have I started?

Something beautiful.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this the game that's going to finally break me and make me buy a PS4?

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#118  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I have a question: What was in the box on this week's mailbag?

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Can you watch dogs in it?

Oddballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where are my favourite socks, the ones with the W on the side?

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

Is it a solid 60 frames on the PS4? Also, does the guy wear the same clothes throughout the whole thing?

Please tell me the fps question was asked in the name of humour?

Please don't let that be a real question.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Messed around with it at a friend's house (apparently it unlocked early if you bought it from UPlay rather than Steam). It's a lot of fun. The driving feels crappy, but I'll get used to it. It's running quite well on High settings with a PC similar to mine. Now I'm reconsidering getting the PS4 version over the PC version. My only reason for picking the PS4 version over PC now would be just to have a PS4 game to play. Definitely buying it after what I played. It's nothing ground-breaking, but it's a lot of fun. You can go in guns-blazing to accomplish a mission, or stand a block away from any enemies and use cameras and hacks.

Very minor spoilers from one of the first missions. Not giving away story details, just how the mission can be played out:

The one mission I played that had me trying to hack into a computer at a CtOS construction site. The first time I ran in with an assault rifle and shot everyone, then found the computer that I needed to hack into (the hack worked similar to Bioshock's hacking system). I missed a guy and was shot in the back while I was in the computer. I tried again and was able to complete the whole mission from across the street without physically stepping foot anywhere near the construction site. I hacked a crane to drop a shipping container on two guys, distracted the guy that knew how to defuse explosives, then when everyone gathered around to see what happened with the shipping container, I blew up the grenades on their vests, killing most of the guys. I drew one of the remaining guys towards the computer I needed to hack (need line of site) by turning on a radio. Finished the mission without taking a step. Don't worry about why a crane and grenades are on the network, that shit's fun.

I hope there are more missions like that, which allow me to get creative with the hacks and give me plenty of ways to do things how I want. I stopped playing after that mission, as I didn't want to spoil anything. This was very very early in the game, so I hope they didn't blow their creativity load too early. If it maintains this pace, I'll love the game.

Pyretta-Blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Pyretta-Blaze

@mrfluke said:

@metalthrashingmatt: the story, how is the story so far?, i honestly dont care about the gameplay, because the story or rather the concept they have been running shows so much potential.

and is Aiden Pearce a decent protagonist?

I'm through Act I and halfway into Act II and the story is, so far, abysmal. Pearce is a bland, boring, protagonist and I am completely apathetic towards him. I know I should feel bad for him based on what has happened in his life and feel like there's some anger behind his quest for revenge... but I don't. He just walks around with his dead eyes, plain white guy with stubble look, and his monotone voice.

The secondary characters aren't much better, as they're basically just thrown at the player with very little initial story or consequence. Like everything else in the campaign, their stories are told through very cliche flashbacks. To be fair, I have more interest in some of the secondary characters than I do in Aiden, but that isn't saying much.

The story is, without any shadow of a doubt, the worst element of the game, with hacking (which consists of little more than a single contextual button press and a series of few-and-far-between minigames) coming in a distant second. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the game because it offers a lot of stuff to do but, at the end of the day, most people are probably going to look back at the game and think about all the cool side quests and "virtual" minigames more than the campaign... much as people fondly remember all the side distractions in GTA: San Andreas but barely remember a damn thing about CJ and why he was on his journey in the first place.

It's a series with a lot of untapped potential and the ability to span multiple cities over multiple years... but they really need to weave a tighter story in the next one.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By OurSin_360

How accurate is the city? Can you hop on the red line? Is their some sorta invisible barrier that keeps it closed in? (maybe a military quarentine or something crazy)

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Roughly how long is it?

If I want to role-play as an evil maniac wreaking havoc everywhere I go, how am I penalized? I know it affects my "reputation" but what does that actually mean?

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it have a full size ED-209?