This game comes out for the Wii U tomorrow.

Joemotycki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Apparently this is a thing that's happening. I hardly expect a quick look, but is anyone going to be picking this up? The game wasn't all that great to begin with so i hardly expect the Wii U version to be anything worth nothing.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

Wii U version is going to turn out to be the best version and toss the game into the goty conversation.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Now Wii U owners can finally play this bad game.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think it's pretty ridiculous to release a game this late after it came out on everything else, but good for the WiiU folks, I guess. And for those with a WiiU who are wondering if they should pick it up, I'll say that Watch_Dogs was neither as great as most hoped it would be, nor as bad as most people these days act like it was. It's merely a solid open-world game.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427: Naw, it's pretty bad. That story is about as lazy as they get. The multiplayer was kind of cool.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@spraynardtatum: it's not bad, it plays well..it's pretty well made, you can shoot, drive and such without much hassle, it has an interesting phone mechanic, the world is decently laid out...I really don't see much bad about Watch Dogs. To me a bad game is a game that's actually made badly, like Sonic 06, Ride to Hell: Retribution, those are bad games.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to know Wii U owners can experience our pain.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#8  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Ah, finally. Those people who only own a Wii U but still are into 3rd party games can finally play the game people were disappointed about 6 months ago!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By mike

@arbitrarywater said:

Ah, finally. Those people who only own a Wii U but still are into 3rd party games can finally play the game people were disappointed about 6 months ago!

I wonder if those three people preordered the game already?

Seriously though. At least the Wii U is getting another third party game, I hope it isn't too awful.

j0lter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...why?

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Whatever you do don't buy it.

SumMexican75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought that was a myth. :P

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@spraynardtatum: it's not bad, it plays well..it's pretty well made, you can shoot, drive and such without much hassle, it has an interesting phone mechanic, the world is decently laid out...I really don't see much bad about Watch Dogs. To me a bad game is a game that's actually made badly, like Sonic 06, Ride to Hell: Retribution, those are bad games.

It's just popular to shit on Ubisoft at the moment. Anything they release will have some portion of the internet yelling at them.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't hit the depths of the games you mentioned but it is pretty bad. Nothing fits together. It's a jumbled mess. The combat, driving, and hacking completely contradict the way that the main character is represented in the story. The combat was competent but overemphasized. The driving was too fast and loose with no weight. You can just barrel through everything and it goes flying like it's made of paper. Plus you're constantly maiming and killing people in traffic accidents while supposedly grieving the death of your kid who died in a traffic accident that you caused. It's ridiculous and filled with a ton of repetitive bullshit side activities that don't offer any substance and just bloat the experience.

The two things I thought they did well were the multiplayer invasions and the personal information that pops up on NPCs. They pushed the player to steal from bank accounts which contradicted the narrative (like nearly every other aspect of the gameplay) but it was interesting to have the choice. I liked reading the other bits of information.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@counterclockwork87 said:

It's just popular to shit on Ubisoft at the moment. Anything they release will have some portion of the internet yelling at them.

Yep, I didn't like Watch Dogs because I want to be cool.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By Sooperspy

That part where C.R.E.A.M. by Wu-Tang Clan played over the action was pretty cool. That's basically it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By LiquidPrince

@spraynardtatum said:

@liquidprince said:

@counterclockwork87 said:

Yep, I didn't like Watch Dogs because I want to be cool.

That's not what I said. And I was in fact agreeing with you that it isn't a bad game. But people can't seem to see that through their rage tinted Ubisoft hate glasses. But whatever, sarcastic response is... sarcastic.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince: But you don't agree with me because I do think it's a bad game. Which is totally fine.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShaggE

*tiny, timid voice* ... I liked WatchUnderscoreDogs.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By doctordonkey

YEAH! WATCH DOGS!

No Caption Provided
Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, this is probably a pretty good week to launch a game on WiiU. You can be relatively certain that Smash's release will sell hardware, or cause owners of the system to turn the thing on for yhe first time in a while. So eyes will be on the eShop or the Nintendo section at Wal-Mart/Gamestop/whatever.

And regardless of the game's successes or failings as a GTA-alike, its only peer on the system is LEGO City Undercover, so people who don't have an Xbox or a Playstation could well be itching for that sort of game.

Plus you have Christmas shoppers who are looking for WiiU games and thinking,  "Watch Dogs? I've heard of that! I bet Billy will like it!"

I doubt the game will be a multi-million seller and it certainly won't change Ubi-Soft's mind about publishing on the WiiU, but I bet it does okay. But these are the opinions of a man who knows precisely jack about business, so I dunno.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually really wonder how the wiiU version will hold up compared to ps3/xbox360/ps4/xbone after coming out half a year later :')

The game itself doesnt interest me at all but I am really curious about the technical side of it.