what's the jacket the character in Watch Dogs wears?

• 48 results
zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I've been looking for a good leather or oil skin jacket for a while now, maybe a half length trench coat in a good material, a duster would be cool but most have those dumb shoulder flaps, blah, haven't had much luck. sure the winter is almost over but it'd still be nice to have one for next year.

Anyway, anybody know what that style is called?

snarekick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think it's called the "basement dweller"

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Aegon

I like it too, but it's just a fake trench coat. Look for men's (if you're a man) trench coats online and maybe you'll find something similar. The texture of it looks kind of like leather or fake leather, so maybe that helps.

Something like this maybe.Men's Leather Trench Coat 2012 Classic Brown True Leather Coat CW880073

Oh f*** that s*** costs almost $700.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I don't know but it looks very real. This game might as well be a jacket simulator.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how he pulls up his turtle neck when it's time to do some bidness. And yeah I wish dusters were fashionable.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HerbieBug

It's just a leather jacket at knee length. Any shop that sells leather jackets will have something along similar lines.

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zFUBARz

I'm something approximating a man as well as any of us can claim. Yeah the texture appears to be oilskin which is usually canvas that's slick so it's got a slight sheen and it flows a lot nicer than leather does., problem with trench coats is they're too damn trendy now, all full of tassels and super form fitting and such. I'm not nearly bad ass/goofy enough to pull off a 10th doctor style full trench/riding jacket.

My bum may have to remain cold for another year.

edit @Aegon HA, yeah that's another issue, great jackets are pricey as hell, damnedable seinfeld spoke the truth so many years ago.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Thanks for posting this, I kind of wondered this too when I saw how badass the character looked. I think I need to add a leather jacket to my wardrobe. Hell, I need to add more mature clothes to my wardrobe in general.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to add more mature clothes to my wardrobe in general.

GROW UP!

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jerseyscum
No Caption Provided

I think it's called the "basement dweller"

This guy might disagree with you.

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Well it looks like a modified trench coat made of leather. Something like that is going to cost a very pretty penny.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By veektarius

@rizrocky86: Neat. I like the cut but I'm not sure about the leather. Too glossy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how he pulls up his turtle neck when it's time to do some bidness. And yeah I wish dusters were fashionable.

Why do you care what other people think about what's 'fashionable'?

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@thesoutherndandy said:

Why do you care what other people think about what's 'fashionable'?

Cause I got a rep to protect. That's how life is on the streets.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By VoshiNova

@rizrocky86 said:I found exact replica of Watch Dogs Trench Coat

This has gotta be the dorkiest shit ever. Next to the Drive outfits.

I get it, it looks cool. But make your own cool man, otherwise your just kinda lame.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In high school, there was this kid who wore Hawaiian shirts and a long black trenchcoat every day.

He was the smartest kid in school, by far.

He was also weird as fuck.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know, but I really like his look. He doesn't necessarily look "badass" but more inconspicuous and somehow a little nerdy, don't know how to describe it. I think his design is great.

To me he's basically what a nerd hacker would look like if he decided to get in shape, learn how to beat people up and be a vigilante.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kmdrkul: Was the guys name James by any chance.

Because I had a guy in college who wore the exact same clothes with a massive red, curly bushy mop of a head.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A jacket like that will either make you look badass or extremely lame, there is no middle-ground here so be careful.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Bet it looks great with a fedora.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a Members Only jacket.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Is this going to be the video game equivalent of the scorpion jacket from Drive?

Now everyone is going to wear leather jackets and everyone will look like douchebags.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ThunderSlash

Wow, finally a thread in which spammers don't stand out.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Jesus, there are actually people looking for search his on Watch_Dog jackets to try and sell shit?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By zeforgotten

@castiel said:

Is this going to be the video game equivalent of the scorpion jacket from Drive?

Now everyone is going to wear leather jackets and everyone will look like douchebags.

If that's what makes people look like douchebags I can only imagine you're walking around only wearing hotpants or nothing at all.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AssInAss

Alan Wake still has the coolest jacket. All dem layers and a hoodie to boot!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EquitasInvictus

Benedict Cumberbatch has the best jacket in Star Trek!

No Caption Provided

If they ever adapt Watch_Dogs into a film, Benedict Cumberbatch should be in it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

It's the Flasher/ Pedophile jacket. It looks badass on Aiden, but those creeps ruined it for everyone.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Oh god, I was totally misreading this as Sleeping Dogs the whole time. I was like "Hmmm, I guess Wei Shen had a decent jacket, I think? I don't know, it's been a while since I've played it, maybe I'm just forgetting."

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is The Matrix all over again.

Sursh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a gay one.

OtisRiedel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet that there will be a movie, seeing as how ambitious it is. they made a doom movie, and a horrible red faction: guerilla movie, a ton of blockbuster RE movies, a Max Payne movie, and tons of others. there was going to be a halo movie but it was too expensive. I think Spielberg was making it. I don't see why there wouldn't at least be some consideration from a producer for making it. if anyone plays as Aiden Pierce, it has to be the glasses guy from Jurassic park, or the neo actor. maybe labeouf if they can make him look like he's in his forties/mid thirties. and as for the best jacket retailer, leathersclub has the best one. the only thing that isn't exact is the lining, which isn't as orange as it should be. everything else is spot on, from the materials to the fade lines. plus the other one just looks bad in general. weather or not it's accurate it looks crappy.

Whamola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy. Here's a tip for people who want this jacket: Don't.

Seriously. Indiana Jones looks cool because he wore an outfit that was custom made to fit him perfectly. The guy from Drive looked cool because that jacket was specially made to fit his body and match how he looked, plus he was RYAN GOSLING.

Fashion is only partly about making sure the clothes match. You could have the perfect outfit and still look ridiculous in it because it doesn't match the way you look. It's really not hard to look decent. Don't wear a fedora ever, don't wear jean shorts, don't wear trench coats. Make sure your clothes fit properly. That's all there is to it.

Plus, what if the game sucks? Then normal people will think you look like an idiot, and nerds will think, "Why is he dressed up like the guy from that shitty game?"

Also, if you walk around wearing this coat, the hat, and a bandanna around your face, you WILL get shot by the cops.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too bad about the dumbest array of hats I've ever seen. What a fucking tryhard.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Legion_
Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#46  Edited By Corevi

If you don't want to spend 1,200 bucks on the official jacket you could pretty easily find one similar for like $500 anywhere leather jackets are sold.

Harpell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: Please do not remind me of how I used to dress in highschool...man, was I a tool.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#48  Edited By LackingSaint

It's nearly summertime, you don't want to buy what is basically a leather cocoon if you plan on actually wearing it out. Also don't wear it when you're sitting down on park benches.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ubisoft have made clothes based on their games before, like assassins creed hoodies and a coat for it too. The coat was super pimp looking, but it was ruined by having an assassins creed logo on the back of the neck and since I don't like those games I'd feel dumb wearing clothes with it's iconography.

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zFUBARz

Oh wow, completely forgot about this topic, a lot of random ass fedora hate started popping up after I stopped paying attention... For the record I don't own a Fedora or any headwear really.

@legion_ Cool, other than a couple too many straps/belts it actually looks pretty good. way too expensive though.

@corruptedevil You'd be surprised man, a Non douchey mandarin collared jacket is surprisingly tough to find. It's an inherently pompous style.

No Caption Provided

For the record I ended up with I believe this. Not as long as I wanted, but the rear padding actually comes down pretty far on me and it has tonnes of venting, so it's great all seasons, also way thicker leather than more stylish jackets are to keep me relatively safe when I ride.