After the Nintendo Digital Event how are you feeling about the Wii U?

• 92 results
TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

Poll After the Nintendo Digital Event how are you feeling about the Wii U? (412 votes)

I had a Wii U already and I love it 25%
I had a Wii U already and feel okay about it 12%
I had a Wii U already but still don't like it 0%
I don't have a Wii U but I need to get one now 19%
I don't have a Wii U but might get one at some point 32%
I don't have a Wii U and still have no interest in it 12%

Curious what others think about the Wii U in light of all the announcements at Nintendo's Digital Event. I was lukewarm on the Wii U, I'd picked it up for a couple games that had come out already and enjoyed them but it mostly went untouched. The Nintendo event was super hype though and I'm extremely positive about the Wii U, literally every Wii U game they showed interests me.

What about you? What are your thoughts on the Wii U? Did you already have one, and if not are you considering it now?

• 
CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Already have a Wii U and think its great. The Nintendo Direct Conference just added another 7 games to my list of must buy for it, so that's cool.

Also might check out Splatoon. Seemed like it could be cool.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I went from probably not going to get one to maybe going to get one eventually. Other than Smash all the other games that were announced were 2015 or not dated so there's no point in getting one right now. I'd rather get a PS4 or a better graphics card and think about getting a Wii U down the line

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I love my Wii U even more now.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Zelda

Thrillhouse87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just bought one a few hours ago

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By csl316

I'm surprised how often I play my Wii U. Bought one around March, and the conference made me glad I did.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like all the other consoles, 2015 is going to be a hell of a year.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there are some great games heading to the console, still have no interest in one.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Seppli

Somewhere between no interest, and some interest. I still don't think that I'll end up with one, albeit Nintendo is slowly starting to make a decent case for themselves. When that Zelda game comes out, and it's in my wheelhouse, maybe. I've never owned a Wii, and some of its classic hold a minor interest for me, which is a plus.

Right now I'd rather get a 3DS for Fire Emblem. It's really the only exclusive game on Nintendo platforms in recent years which I actively yearn for.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

I'm feeling pretty good about owning a Wii U now.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#11 riostarwind  Moderator

The Wii U has reawakened my inner Nintendo fan after being dormant during the Wii era. I already had a Wii U a few months after launch so this just reaffirmed that I'll be picking up quite a few Nintendo games.

miceman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By miceman64
No Caption Provided

pretty much this.

Just nintendo for the love of god give me a new metroid and Eternal Darkness 2 and F zero GX HD online And i will buy Wii U in an instant

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Better about it. A little Zelda goes a long way

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By DeadpanCakes

Somewhere between loving my Wii U and feeling okay about it, but I'm sure that'll change once I finally get Mario Kart.

My Wii U's already seen tons of use from Monster Hunter and Super Mario 3d World, and I imagine getting Mario Kart is what'll get me to start looking forward towards the upcoming titles.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played the WiiU in months since the One realeased.
Dusted it off when Mario Kart arrived though.
I know good games will be coming, was never really worried, just patiently waiting.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

I've gotten more value out of my Wii U than I have out of my Xbox One or PS4. This can't keep up obviously, once the 3rd party games start coming in hot and heavy my multiplatform console of choice (The Xbox One due to navigation, digital marketplace and controller related reasons) will eclipse it but I feel it'll always be ahead of my PS4. After the press conference it seems certain that Nintendo will continue to have the most compelling suite of 1st party content of any of the console owners. Also the success of their livestreams seems to bode well for them.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

still waiting on Xenoblade Chronicles X but things look good in the future.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They gained a couple of points by surprising me with Devils Third, but lost a couple of points by not having anything Metroid related. Everything else was a known quantity that I was already excited about anyway.

OH! Nothing on SMT x Fire Emblem was a kind of disappointing.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@oldenglishc: They mentioned it's on schedule during the Code Name Steam reveal.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@oldenglishc: They mentioned it's on schedule during the Code Name Steam reveal.

Thanks for the info. That's good news.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there are some great games heading to the console, still have no interest in one.

Sums up my feelings exactly. I think it's great for the people who own one that these games are coming, but I still would never pick one up. If Zelda looks like it did in the trailer though, that game is gonna be amazing.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a bit disappointed everything they announced is 2015, but that's okay. Plenty of other games to keep me busy until then. Overall I'm pretty happy I chose to buy one.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me is it still meh. The genre of games Nintendo publishes might be great platformers, puzzles, etc. but they are not what I'm interested in.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I don't have a Wii U, but I need to get one for the Legend of Zelda.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited to have a release date for smash bros in the near future, that's what will actually push me to pick up a WiiU. Upcoming Zelda doesn't hurt either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It made me want a Wii U a whole hell of a lot. Just not this year. Both Microsoft and Nintendo sold me on getting their consoles next year.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will probably get one, though really only for Bayonetta 2. I will play some other games, kirby and yoshi look good, but if it weren't for that I wouldn't be considering buying it.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I was already gonna buy one sometime this year when Bayonetta 2 drops. E3 just made me more excited for when that time rolls around.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Splatoon has me interested (although it's going to need some refinement), and Bayonetta is doing what I thought it would, at least on my end.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah I really want a Wii U now. Splatoon looks really cool and the new Zelda looks amazing. Alsothat Toad game looks cool as well, and Mario maker.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Splatoon has me interested (although it's going to need some refinement), and Bayonetta is doing what I thought it would, at least on my end.

Which end?

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once it gets down to 200 I'll buy one. The new games they showed off look fantastic and I've been jonesing for some nintendo, since I don't have a 3ds either.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly felt much more comfortable with the idea of getting a Wii U after the direct. New zelda and the reminder of how much I love Smash bros, on top of my want of several other already released Nintendo games finally made me decide to get one later this year.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

@video_game_king said:

Which end?

My end? I explicitly mentioned as much?

ryanmgraef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ryanmgraef

Wii u rocks sox my guys.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I was already a big fan of the system. I assumed it would be this thing where I only ended up getting ten or so games for it over its lifespan, but as of now I have bought seven games (and gotten one free) in under a year.It has mostly been positive experiences with three Wii U games in my top 10 of last year and only one real disappointment (Sonic) and one game that just isn't for me .(Pikmin)

With all the new announcements and cool looking stuff coming this year I feel really good about owning the system. I am super, duper, mega excited for Bayonetta 2.

Oh, and Super Castlevania IV is on the eshop, so the console must be rad.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm intrigued by the new Zelda (which is new to me since I stopped caring after OoT), if really is as open as they said which felt like he may as well have said Deus Ex: Zelda edition then I'm sold on it. Also want to check out Xenoblade Chronicles as I am a mecha fan, but if I see turn based mech combat I'm out.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Well, I haven't touched my Wii U in months. It's doing that dust collecting thing now, but there's at least 5-6 games from that event I'm dying to play. The 30 seconds of Zelda they showed looks amazing, claymation Kirby looks adorable, Xenoblade should be great, Mario Maker is a must-buy, Captain Toad... maybe, even Splatoon has promise. I might even get the Bayonettas just for the hell of it. Hell, I'm excited to play as Ice-T in Smash Bros.

But... fuck Yoshi. Wasting that beautiful yarn style on garbage.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Aegon

@video_game_king said:

@aegon said:

@video_game_king said:

Which end?

My end? I explicitly mentioned as much?

You have...only one end?

Sarcasm and subtle wiener jokes don't work well on the internet.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon:

人間だったらね。

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheBlue

If I bought one now I probably wouldn't feel bad about it. Definitely a good flow of upcoming games and some stuff on the Virtual Console that has piqued my interest. Before E3 I really had no reason to get one, but Nintendo is winning me over, albeit very slowly. I'll probably still wait a bit and see how these games pan out. I definitely want to get a PS4 so funds are limited, but we'll see. Nintendo is starting to move in that positive direction.

If they had announced a new Metroid this week along with everything else I would've bought a Wii U like, yesterday.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Maaan, I was trying not to but... I think I gotta now! God dammit Reggie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a chance. I could see myself picking up one on the cheap with some of the best Wii and Wii U games cos I skipped the Wii as well. But Nintendo doesn't have the 3rd party support to even think about buying one now.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've been loving my WiiU. Super Mario 3D World, Dr. Luigi and Mario Kart 8 have been taking up most my time lately.

The Digital Event, Treehouse, Dev Conferences and Smash Bros. Invitational all had announcements big and small. Great showing for Nintendo and the WiiU. Highlights for me were Mario Maker, Star Fox development, exploration concept for the next LoZ, Codename: STEAM and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Dalerax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Dalerax

Before this event I just blew off all of Nintendo in general. I grew up with them but they lost me on the Wii with the waggle controls. I gamed on the 360 and recently built myself a pretty beefy PC. Problem is, I've been getting incredibly bored with gaming in general lately and I haven't been able to put my finger on why.

Their event was invigorating to watch! I was excited about damn near every thing they showed! I was blown away by the fact that I hadn't even recognized Nintendo at all lately and that I was suddenly very intrigued. It made me start to think that maybe I've been so bored with gaming because I've been missing the (mostly) simple, fun games that Nintendo has been producing. I'm now very much considering buying a Wii U to play games like the Mario platforming games, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Zelda... re-immersing myself in my childhood loves that I have been missing for so long. The thought that I could finally re-energize my love for gaming has me excited. Nintendo's digital event did that for me and I'm shocked that it did.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jsnyder82

@captain_clayman said:

Once it gets down to 200 I'll buy one. The new games they showed off look fantastic and I've been jonesing for some nintendo, since I don't have a 3ds either.

You can buy a refurb in the Nintendo store for 200. They're basically the same as new, only much cheaper.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By GaspoweR

Well looks like I'm part of the majority. What I love about the narrative in this E3 is how all the companies and the companies that seemed ot have their backs against the wall (e.g. MS and Nintendo even more so) actually had respective, strong showings. Not one necessarily blew the others out of the water, unlike Sony last year. I'm liking the direction that each company is headed and at the very least we don't have to worry too much about the future.

Also back to the point, I'll get a WiiU at some point :D

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

As the owner of a Wii U, it continues to be a thing I will buy a handful of games for per year and nothing else. 2015 should be a good year though... finally.