Getting a Wii u Idk what games to get

tbrennan4990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By tbrennan4990

Aside from the simple picks mario And Funky barn lol. What games are good to get? Tekken tag 2 or Tank! Tank! Tank! are 2 im looking into but with such a small selection of games made and most still just junk party games im kinda lost

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@tombtha940: I'd say there are a few decent ones to check out. Here's a nice list of the subjectively 12 best games for it that keeps getting updated: Link

Personally, from what I've seen and heard, Super Mario 3D Land, Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, Nintendo Land, Rayman Legends, ZombiU, and Wonderful 101 are all pretty good picks.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, and whatever Mario you fancy. I only have Wind Waker HD and I'm pretty content.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

If you haven't gotten Rayman elsewhere get that. Then get The Wonderful 101.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So I must ask if your this lost as to what to buy why exactly are you getting one?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Aside from the simple picks mario And Funky barn lol. What games are good to get? Tekken tag 2 or Tank! Tank! Tank! are 2 im looking into but with such a small selection of games made and most still just junk party games im kinda lost

Pikmin 3, ZombiU, The Wonderful 101, Toki Tori 2+, Earthbound (VC), Wind Waker HD, Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut and Nintendo Land are all amazing games that should be played on that system. There's more stuff that would require more knowledge about what you're looking for and have played elsewhere maybe.

tbrennan4990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tbrennan4990

Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, and whatever Mario you fancy. I only have Wind Waker HD and I'm pretty content.

Having never played a Zelda Game is wind waker a good one to start on?

tbrennan4990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I must ask if your this lost as to what to buy why exactly are you getting one?

The Xbones a mess and after going to a friends house and playing the ps4 afew times it was just more of the same, yes it looks better but how menny multiplayer 1st person shooters can a person play in a row and not get board. BF4 Cod Ghosts and kill Zone is all there realy is to offer Blackout is nice but with the micro transactions and unstable frame rate its not a console seller. so out of the 3 the Wii U looks like the way to go

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat said:

Yes. You can actually start with almost any Zelda game without problems. Aside from maybe Majora's Mask where a lot of the enjoyment comes from how vastly different it is to Ocarina of Time.

Wind Waker is a fine place to start.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By MEATBALL

Must owns are Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101. ZombiU was an excellent launch title, and New Super Mario Bros U is the best entry into the series (but if you're burnt out on the look and feel of these games maybe pass - I will say that visually it looks surprisingly awesome, though). Rayman Legends is great on the WiiU if you haven't bought it elsewhere. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze hits in a matter of weeks, which I'm expecting to be outstanding.

@tombtha940 said:

@alistercat said:

It's a fine starting point.

Avatar image for white_silhouette
White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By White_Silhouette

FYI I managed to find Zombie U at a best buy for $15.00. Still haven't played it since Mario 3D world is still in my system. But I hear it was good for a launch game, and for $15 it was worth a shot.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hunkulese

@alistercat said:

Start with A Link to The Past. It just came out on the virtual console. For Wind Waker it depends how much you care about the story and knowing everything. Wind Waker is kind of a sequel to Ocarina of Time and there are quite a few direct references.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By TheMasterDS

Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Mario 3D World, Rayman Legends, (in 17 days) Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, maybe Super Mario New for Wii U and Luigi U New for Wii U. For Virtual Console the only absolutely must have game is Earthbound though if you want Mario World, Super Metroid or Link to the Past you can get those too. I would suggest just sticking to Earthbound though since you'll have plenty of modern games to play, no need starting an old Zelda, Metroid or Mario.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeF

FYI I managed to find Zombie U at a best buy for $15.00. Still haven't played it since Mario 3D world is still in my system. But I hear it was good for a launch game, and for $15 it was worth a shot.

It's not good for a launch game. It's good period. :)

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Mario 3D World, Rayman Legends, (in 17 days) Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, maybe Super Mario New for Wii U and Luigi U New for Wii U. For Virtual Console the only absolutely must have game is Earthbound though if you want Mario World, Super Metroid or Link to the Past you can get those too. I would suggest just sticking to Earthbound though since you'll have plenty of modern games to play, no need starting an old Zelda, Metroid or Mario.

Except that the old games are better than the new ones.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
No Caption Provided

Watchy_Dogs, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, The Fireflower Game, Cranky Jyong's Barrel Adventure

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: That is patently untrue. Well yeah, maybe Mario World is better than New Super Mario U, but that's it other than Earthbound (which you should play under any circumstance). Otherwise you're generally better served sticking to the new stuff.

The only reason why you would ever enjoy playing an old game more than a new game is if you played the old game during your childhood. And if you've already played those old games you shouldn't be buying and replaying them when you have other games to play first.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: That is patently untrue. Well yeah, maybe Mario World is better than New Super Mario U, but that's it other than Earthbound (which you should play under any circumstance). Otherwise you're generally better served sticking to the new stuff.

The only reason why you would ever enjoy playing an old game more than a new game is if you played the old game during your childhood. And if you've already played those old games you shouldn't be buying and replaying them when you have other games to play first.

New games aren't inherently better. The same as old games aren't inherently better as new games. Some games are better than others, that's the only actual fact here.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@def: This is true. What's also true is that Wind Waker is better than LttP, Rayman Legends is better than Mario World and you really can't compare Pikmin 3 and Super Metroid and it'd be silly to try.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Personally, I started with Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World, and Pikmin 3 when I picked up my Wii U last November. Since then I've added Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Wonderful 101. I recommend picking up any of those. They're all pretty great. DK Tropical Freeze is also coming out real soon so keep an eye out for that as well. It's hard to go wrong with buying Nintendo games on a Nintendo console.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@alistercat said:

Possibly the best place to start.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36