A month and change in, how is it going?

Karthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Karthas

Seems like Wildstar was catching like wildfire when it launched, but I've hardly seen any conversation around it recently. The couple other forums I've seen are a bit doom and gloomy now that people have hit the cap and are intimidated by the endgame. So I thought I'd check in here and see how things are going. I let my subscription lapse because I had a couple things going on but that damn box keeps taunting me to come back.

So how are you feeling about the game now that the launch hype has subsided?

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still loving it. I love the emphasis on exploration and peeking into the places you 'shouldn't' see. I've been having a blast with it, and the new pvp zone looks cool.

Just ignore the internet and their nay-saying. If you went to the WoW forums, you would think the game is a sinking ship. As for no conversations about it, the game is well populated, so I can't imagine that matters. It will probably fit the same bill that RIFT has, where a dedicated audience will stick to it, and I think that's fine.

Karthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Karthas

@yoshisaur: Yeah, always seems like every game is simultaneously the best/worst thing ever according to the internet. That's why I figured I'd solicit some feedback vs. checking out the conversations started by people intent on complaining. I can't really check the game population without access to the game to check said population. Thanks for the response!

Anyone from the GB Dominion guild still poking around in here? That thing still up and running?

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Karthas said:

Seems like Wildstar was catching like wildfire when it launched, but I've hardly seen any conversation around it recently.

I think a lot of the early buzz was centered around the ridiculous, "Is this finally the... WoW killer?!?" idea. Then it came out, seemed pretty good, but had no effect on WoW, so the media at large just lost interest.

Like Yoshi said above, conversation around MMOs is usually relegated to message boards specific to them, so I wouldn't take a lack of press coverage to imply anything about the current quality of the game.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Quit after my free month. Nothing about the game was grabbing me, and it had none of the awesome personality that was in those trailers leading up to the release. At least not enough.