• 130 results
#1 Edited by snide (2413 posts) -

Hey guys. I'll be playing an Exile Esper (Enemykite) on the Warbringer PVP server if anyone wants to join. Don't have as much time as I used to with the kiddo, but figured we might be able to start up a GB guild for Exiles if anyone else is interested.

Guild name: Kite Co

How to get in: All members have invite access. Just send a message to me or anyone else in game.

#2 Posted by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -

Fuuuuck yes. I'll see you there and stuff, duder.

#3 Posted by Butano (1731 posts) -

Really enjoyed the beta a couple weeks ago. I want to wait a week or so to avoid all the inevitable server implosions though before jumping back into the game.

#4 Posted by English (159 posts) -

I think I'll roll my character here. There's another group on the thunderfoot server, but I don't think I can handle the guild name.

#5 Posted by Vermisean (154 posts) -

@english: After careful thought and consideration... I have to agree.

#6 Posted by Silver-Streak (1343 posts) -

I'm definitely in to this idea and will have to put deep thought in this, mostly because I'm a huge carebear and have never liked any form of PvP in an MMO. I'm conflicted because while I think the Dominion has awesome designs (and therefore the Dominion GB PVE guild makes sense), they're basically Saturday Morning Cartoon villains.

#7 Posted by English (159 posts) -

@silver-streak said:

I'm definitely in to this idea and will have to put deep thought in this, mostly because I'm a huge carebear and have never liked any form of PvP in an MMO. I'm conflicted because while I think the Dominion has awesome designs (and therefore the Dominion GB PVE guild makes sense), they're basically Saturday Morning Cartoon villains.

Don't be an Oreo™, play in the big leagues.

#8 Edited by Moridin (714 posts) -

I'm down! Queue times on Warbringer don't seem that bad, either.

Edited edit: still trying to nail down exactly what I want to do... Hah. Damned choices. Will further edit the edited edit to edit in what the heck I decide to play!

Edited edited edit: I've decided to play Stalker. The name is Winkler. Hah!

#9 Edited by Silver-Streak (1343 posts) -

@english: I don't understand the reference.

#10 Posted by rmanthorp (3910 posts) -

Damn - I want in. Still not got the game (and don't see it happening for a while...) but if this is still going in a few months then count me in.

Oh and pinned :D

#11 Edited by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (602 posts) -

I'm down. I'll update with my character name when I'm all set up.

Update: Taternok

#12 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

Fuck. Snide is playing WildStar. Goddammit, I'm trying to NOT get sucked into another MMO again! WHY?!

#13 Posted by English (159 posts) -

@english: I don't understand the reference.

Okay, let me put it this way. Do you want to be a member of "Cookie Party!!", or a guild called literally ANYTHING other than "Cookie Party!!"

#14 Posted by DeathTrap (244 posts) -

The guild may not end up as Cookie Party (I agree, I'm not a fan of the name). So if you want to play Dominion, Thunderfoot is still a good place to be!

#15 Posted by CrazyBagMan (839 posts) -

Was working on a character for the other guild but really wanted to play on a PVP server and as Exile so this sounds perfect! Count me in!

#16 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

@snide said:

Hey guys. I'll be playing an Exile Esper (Enemykite) on the Warbringer PVP server if anyone wants to join. Don't have as much time as I used to with the kiddo, but figured we might be able to start up a GB guild for Exiles if anyone else is interested.

Still leveling myself, so it might be a bit. If anyone grabs enough gold and wants to start the guild up go ahead. Figured we could just use this thread to communicate.

It's sad to see your username and awesome avatar without the little "Staff" doodad / moniker

#17 Edited by Felgrim (26 posts) -

Kite Co. expanding?

#18 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

Hey guys. Nearing Level 12 and should have time to get the guild set up tonight.

#19 Posted by titan04 (15 posts) -

I'm allergic to cookie parties so i rerolled over here, character name is Langis, is the guild up yet?

#20 Posted by Felgrim (26 posts) -

I'll be up for a few more hours. Only level 6, but can help with anything needed. Name if Defibs.

#21 Posted by Faythdream10 (31 posts) -

When the guild's up and running and if you're throwing around invites, I just started on the server as well. Name: Nekomata.

#22 Edited by gike987 (1752 posts) -

Hijacking this temporarily to say that if there are anyone playing Exile on Ascendancy(EU) we could form a Circle which seems to be a private chat without all the other guild functions and requirements. That way you can still join a real guild (as I don't expect to be able to find that many on an EU server).

#23 Posted by Addfwyn (1917 posts) -

I am on Exiles Widow, with the same name as here if anybody will be playing over there.

#24 Posted by Jellybones (97 posts) -

Name is Jellyblood, whenever the guild is set up. <3

#25 Posted by RandyF (138 posts) -

That's convenient. That's where I'm playing. My character's name is Randall.

#26 Posted by McLargepants (369 posts) -

Awesome I'm excited! I'm a medic named Kromlork, invite whenever you can! Thanks

#27 Edited by YI_Orange (1141 posts) -

A 60 dollar buy-in with a 15 dollar subscription fee is really hamstringing my desire to play this game. That aside I am interested to try it though. How possible does it seem to sustain your subscription with with the in-game currency? And are there free trials of any sort?

#28 Posted by Felgrim (26 posts) -

@yi_orange: You get the 30 day thing when you buy the game and the pre-orders came with a 7 day trial. I can send one your way, but it looks like they won't be sent to us until June 3rd.

#29 Posted by Humanity (9017 posts) -

MAn but..but.. the Dominion looks so much cooler..

#30 Edited by English (159 posts) -

@humanity said:

MAn but..but.. the Dominion looks so much cooler..

Exiles get to slay Chuas, Dominion has to put up with them.

#31 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

Alright duders. I'm level 12. I think I need 10 gold to get the guild setup though, so if you'd like to contribute to the cause send me a mail with a gold piece or something. Otherwise I'll continue to grind out some cash.

#32 Posted by Irvandus (2875 posts) -

As someone who was way more into the exiles and not in the mood to be in a guild named Cookie Party I am so on board. Character name is Irvandus.

#33 Posted by YI_Orange (1141 posts) -

@felgrim said:

@yi_orange: You get the 30 day thing when you buy the game and the pre-orders came with a 7 day trial. I can send one your way, but it looks like they won't be sent to us until June 3rd.

Sure! If you've got an extra trial kicking around I'd love to give it a shot. I'm always curious when people claim that an MMO has compelling gameplay.

#34 Edited by English (159 posts) -

@yi_orange said:

@felgrim said:

Sure! If you've got an extra trial kicking around I'd love to give it a shot. I'm always curious when people claim that an MMO has compelling gameplay.

If you liked WoW, you will probably like this. If you didn't like WoW, I doubt this is different enough to grab you.

#35 Posted by adoggz (2060 posts) -

i guess im down to play both sides. I'll make Lwyll the spell(whatever that class is).

#36 Posted by Felgrim (26 posts) -

@snide: Sent a gold your way. About all I have, but if it's only 10 gold and everyone chips in we should get it going in no time.

#37 Posted by YI_Orange (1141 posts) -

@english said:

@yi_orange said:

@felgrim said:

If you liked WoW, you will probably like this. If you didn't like WoW, I doubt this is different enough to grab you.

You saying it basically plays like WoW? I thought it pretty much specifically said it didn't. I mean, I played WoW from the end of BC to the end of Cataclysm so I enjoyed the end game content to an extent, but I never got more than 1 character to max level.

#38 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

OK. We're about 2 gold short at this point. I'm logging for a bit but will be back this afternoon. Logged outside the guild creator area, so assuming i get some a couple more duders to mail me a gold, we should be set up today.

#39 Edited by English (159 posts) -
@yi_orange said:

You saying it basically plays like WoW? I thought it pretty much specifically said it didn't. I mean, I played WoW from the end of BC to the end of Cataclysm so I enjoyed the end game content to an extent, but I never got more than 1 character to max level.

It's a themepark MMO with quests, dungeons, battlegrounds, 40 man raids, housing. You level up by doing quests like you would find in an mmo like WoW. Combat is hotkey based but requires movement/positioning, similar to guild wars 2.

#40 Posted by PhZn (17 posts) -

Hey to who can I send some gold?

#41 Posted by Brad (2903 posts) -

Pascual and I are gonna roll on Warbringer as soon as we wait through the queue. Any classes the guild is looking for? I'll probably play a warrior unless there's a big surplus.

Staff
#42 Posted by adoggz (2060 posts) -

@brad: it seems like every class can tank or heal as well as deeps so you could probably just roll whatevs you want.

#43 Posted by XtremePudim (86 posts) -

so I'm rerolling on Warbringer to play with you guys, made a stalker called Venetica.

see you guys in the game

#44 Edited by PhZn (17 posts) -

I rolled a Spell Slinger on Warbringer called SmallBusinessMan. And, yes, I did pick Spell Slinger for the sole purpose of him shooting the business guns. pew pew.

Also a few people are in the 'GiantBomb' custom channel until the guild is registered.

#45 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

I've got a medic on Warbringer named Aleta. Currently in queue though so I can't join the guild at the moment.

#46 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

OK. "Kite Co" is now a guild. Huzzah

#47 Edited by Moridin (714 posts) -
#48 Posted by Korosuzo (172 posts) -

Question. I also re-rolled on Warbringer Exiles but haven't gotten into guild options yet. How do we join? Do we need to be a certain level first?

#49 Edited by English (159 posts) -

@korosuzo said:

Question. I also re-rolled on Warbringer Exiles but haven't gotten into guild options yet. How do we join? Do we need to be a certain level first?

You can join the custom chat channel 'giantbomb' in-game and ask for an invite, post your name here, or whisper someone in the guild in-game.

#50 Posted by Moridin (714 posts) -

Hey duders, my character name is Winkler and I'd be totally down for an invite!

Thanks! :)