Idea I've been throwing around

supadupatroopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So whilst waiting for myself to get some more dosh and buy this, I got the idea of other what-if scenarios that Machine Games / Bethesda could go down, seeing as TNO follows the Germans min-maxing tech and winning the war, what about other countries overcoming some obstacles and super-teching? Here's a few ideas with a high concept, also names because that's kinda what started this road of consciousness;

Wolfenstein : Royal Empire

The player is an Indian Revolutionary during the early 1900s, when the Brits have managed to expand and secure more power after quelling the US rebellion, and then turning to India/America to strip mine them of resouces, where the Indians/Americans are finally fighting back vs the mechanical constructs that defend the Crown's investments.

Wolfenstein : Setting Sun

Whilst the Germans have fallen, the Japanese have suceeded in invading and forcing a truce with the US, taking most of the West Coast, and moving on to take most of India, and all of Oceania, the player hops in as the now-formed United European Invasion Force, witnessing an implosion of the Japanese Empire, and struggling to keep control in the on-coming violence between the many factions in the Empire.

Wolfenstion : Green Eagle

The US has become a Totalitarian Utopia somehow after the war, and has used this new power to purchase/annex the rest of the Americas - somehow this leads to storming the White House and finding Aliens in control

Wolfenstein : Innocence Lost

Shoot your way through Candy Land in a Megaton-Kick to Lord Nostalgia's Groin, who is using Children to farm imagination in order to become the dictator over all of Imagination-Land.

That's pretty much it, I think for pre-WW2 tech boosts, aliens have to be involved, but various scenarios could create interesting stories : Napoleon conquers Europe, Rome stays strong over Europe through steam-tech, play as German fighting back with sword and simple guns vs Legionnaries, and also if anything the absolutely insane scenarios could be ripe for the gunplay and stories from what I hear Machine Games have told in TNO.

Anyway that's part of my stream of consciousness for today, discuss?

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GTCknight

@supadupatroopa: Those sound like nice, but a Wolfenstein with out Nazis for me to kill just doesn't sound like Wolfenstein to me.

EDIT: I should have finished reading the the last two in there, while the first part of the U.S one is fine the aliens need to go. That's what made The New Order such a great idea; no time travel, aliens, or supernatural nonsense just the power of technology.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@supadupatroopa: Wolfenstein sounds German.....Ill leave the rest of why those wont work up to you.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Spoonman671

You need Nazis to have a Wolfenstein game. I don't even think your Imperial Japan version would work.

EDIT: I don't mean to undermine your scenarios as viable basic ideas for games. They just don't need to be called Wolfenstein.