You getting Wolfenstein this Tuesday?

• 62 results
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll You getting Wolfenstein this Tuesday? (155 votes)

I'm in the mood for some sy-fy action, so yeah I'm down. 50%
I don't want no part of this game, I'll pass. 11%
I'm still debating on getting this, but I just want to see the results of this thread. 39%

Well I've been very eager to play a new Wolfenstein game for along time. The last one I really enjoyed playing, and this one is looking like a good time. I've been avoiding vids of this game because I don't want to be spoiled. I want to see what the game has to offer first hand. I pre-ordered it and now I got to wait 3 more days. Good thing for me is I don't have to work for 2 days after Tuesday.

That'll give me enough time to relax and clear my head from working. After Wolfenstein then I can look forward to some watchdogs.

• 
Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

No, but I'd like to. Even if I had the money I'm not sure if I would. Definitely a wait for reviews game.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not on Tuesday, but definitely someday. Probably around the time when I get an Xbox One or PS4.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I don't know what this game is, but I'm getting Transistor. So...no.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, game's that have " INCLUDES DEMO OF THIS GAME EVERYONE LIKES " on the front are usually not great. Except for Dragon Quest VIII.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, game's that have " INCLUDES DEMO OF THIS GAME EVERYONE LIKES " on the front are usually not great. Except for Dragon Quest VIII.

I wouldn't really say that for all games, but of course devs will do it to push their sales numbers up.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm interested in this, but I'm not totally sold on it. Transistor is the only game I'm planning on playing next Tuesday anyway, so I'll hold off and take a look at some reviews.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to. Loved the 2009 Wolfenstein and liked what I've seen of this game so far. But different circumstances make it kinda difficult. The pc version is not really an option - both because my laptop is probably too weak for it and because there won't be an easy way around the censoring of the german/austrian version on steam. And I don't own a current gen console. So old console version us/uk import would be the only feasible way to play it, which ultimately would mean paying a lot of money for the worst version.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm down to get it. The guitarist from Meshuggah, and a composer from the newer Killer Instinct are helping to do the music. I'll shoot and have fun with an old friend, and all that. I'm mostly looking forward to seeing if they have a Mein Leiben callback, where you stab the guy in the back. :)

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Not getting it day one maybe after seeing reviews or real people play it I will decide.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By crusader8463

Tempted to as the game looks good enough, and I really want the TF2 items, but full price for a game like that just seems crazy to me. I don't have that kind of money to waste.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Green Man Gaming has it on sale for $48 right now. After liking every trailer they've posted so far, and it being developed by some of the original Starbreeze folks, I have faith that it'll be a pretty good game. Also, if you've got time, read the longform Polygon article on Machine Games. That's what finally got me over the fence to preorder it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herzlos said:

Sure already Pre-ordered mine steam copy here - https://www.g2a.com/r/wolfestein-new-order for only 38$ lolz

Maybe its just me, but your post seems kinda fishy. (No offense)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecfb31b61925
deactivated-5ecfb31b61925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@falserelic: I am assuming the whole "Wolfestein" part only speaks to the site's professionalism. Certainly not clicking that either.

Avatar image for thecatswhiskers
thecatswhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I got Wolfenstein: the new order on Friday, and spent pretty much all of today playing it.

I realized that generally speaking I've already read various reviews, or at least seen review scores, before I play the majority of games, so I wanted to play this without any significant preconceived ideas.

I sort of expected to finish in one sitting, but as evening arrived I felt like there were still a good few hours left, having probably already played about seven hours or so on normal difficulty.

The game needed an update which it wouldn't let me install, which I assume is because it's not released yet (??), so I had to disconnect the xbox one from the network. This also prevented any achievements from unlocking whilst I was playing, which never occurred to me before. It also resulted in 13 achievements unlocking one after the other once I reconnected the network.

Anyhow, I thought the game was pretty good, and if I had to guess what the reviews are going to say then I think it will be something along the lines off "if you like wolfenstein or FPS's then you won't be disappointed, but don't expect anything revolutionary'.

I never played any wolfenstein previously, but the characters and story seem perfectly passable and the guns and movement feel good. The music is sparse, but used to good effect, and (although I'm no expert) I'd say the game looks pretty good.

There's a perk system of sorts, and the melee knife kills are really good. I never really used the xbox one upload app, but there were a few moments playing wolfenstein where I was glad it was there, particularly the melee knife fights.

I was surprised at the amount of stealth gameplay, but it actually works well. The AI is pretty dumb on normal, and having just finished batman I kept trying to engage detective vision, which I think means the stealth elects felt pretty natural and I think therefore a compliment.

I'm looking forward to playing more and finishing it, and unless something goes seriously awry in the last few hours of gameplay I think I'll even give it a second play through.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecatswhiskers: Good to know man, now I'm hyped up to go kill some Nazi Scum.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I plan to buy it after I finish Transistor, which probably isn't that long so that'll most likely be Tuesday or Wednesday.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hells yeah! My excitement for it has gone up with each new trailer and it was already pretty high up there to begin with. Haven't played a shootery shooter on a console since Syndicate.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could really go for a shooter-y game (and hey if it got some stealth too then even better!) so I'm pretty sure I'll get it, unless I hear some really bad things about it.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been loving the story and world building trailers a hell of a lot but the gameplay trailers haven't been thrilling me yet so I'll probably wait for some reviews or a quick look or some sort before getting it, so no day 1 for me, but day eventually.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'll pick it up later down the line at a discounted price.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I will, it's been a while since I played a campaign-focused FPS. Guess Bioshock Infinite was the last one.

Played a bunch of Battlefield 4 online and never touched the campaign, but Wolfenstein looks unique enough to be worth a shot. Not to mention the pedigree of some of the devs.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Seppli

Looks fun enough. Wouldn't mind playing it. If I will, it will be when I get it in a sale, or when it's *free with PS+* or something. It's not the kind of game I'd buy at full price.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By vaiz

You mean am I getting my bonus copy of Wolfenstein with my purchase of the Doom 4 beta?

Nah, probably not.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you boys seen this? The AI seems like ass.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By captain_clayman

I'd love to get it but I'm broke :C If the mothafuckin Taco Bell down the street calls me back about a job I may be in luck, but if not I'll probably not be buying this, transistor or watch_dogs for a while.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transistor is taking my tuesday, but I will get Wolfenstein eventually, probably during the Steam Summer Sale.

Avatar image for chumley_marchbanks
chumley_marchbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I buckled and pre-ordered it a few days ago. After XCOM: Declassified, I told myself I wouldn't pre-order new games based on dormant IPs because of the inherent risk, but the trailers for this have just been so gosh darn good.

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale: Yikes.

Hopefully a day one patch that people who are playing early can't download will fix something like that.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to get it but I'm broke :C If the mothafuckin Taco Bell down the street calls me back about a job I may be in luck, but if not I'll probably not be buying this, transistor or watch_dogs for a while.

I know the feels man. It was a pain in the ass to find a job in my area. Since I did something in the past that made my life worse. Finding a job got even harder for me, hell I'm surprised to get the job I have now. I just kept putting in applications ( I lied abit, but I needed money) and finally scored a job. Though they didn't call me until 6 or 7 months later, but they called at the right time where I got relived as a temp worker.

Anyway, just keep doing what you have to do to land a job. I'm sure you'll get some income when the time is right, I believe in you.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@cale said:

Have you boys seen this? The AI seems like ass.

Eh, that's not great but I'm interested in shooting a bunch of dumb Nazis in excessively gory and over-the-top ways anyway. This is one of those things that I would never have noticed if I hadn't seen someone purposefully illustrate it. I would have jumped in there guns-blazing.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32  Edited By Justin258

@thecatswhiskers: Just answer me one question: Can you hold all the guns at once? Or at the very least more than two?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecatswhiskers: Just answer me one question: Can you hold all the guns at once? Or at the very least more than two?

I think you can hold all your weapons at once if my memory serves me right.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I sure am. Hopefully I finish my Wolf 2009 playthrough first

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Heck yes. I would've gotten Drakengard 3 but just like yesterday realized that it's PS3 only and I dunno, get the PS3 back from my brother to my apartment seems like ..effort.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By cornbredx

I might buy it. I'm kind of intrigued by this one and I would try the other one made a few years ago but apparently it was stupidly put on GFWL so that's not going to happen.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pre-ordered it for PS4 with the Dell $25 credit deal. I had a $25 credit from Infamous to roll over and for some reason I just really feel like sinking into a meaty 1 player FPS. Of course I probably won't beat it before Watch Dogs comes along, and I do want to play Transistor...but I always bite off more than I can chew gaming wise so this is nothing new.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pweidman

Yep, playing this on Tuesday. Looks like good dumb fun.

Got it for X1, and I guess I'll also download Transistor on my PS4 Tuesday as well. Feels good to be looking forward to games on the new systems.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39  Edited By TreeTrunk

@cale:

yeah except thats from a leaked copy of which we do not know how up to date it is, and even if it is up to date with the gold version (ie someone nicked a copy from their retail job which got stock early, is what usually happens) it doesn't have the day one patch.

The AI is behaving as though console commands have stripped out certain parts of it such as raising the alarm, switching weapons and lowered detection range/nerfed senses (not played the game/dug through the files/played with the commands so can't say how the AI is built/can be tweaked).

There's a couple of fishy things about the site/video that makes it stand out as less than honest; 1) it's presented with no context. 2) the player takes very little damage when hit by the AI indicating the console/cheats have been accessed and 3) the AI takes an inordinate amount of time to damage with the torch pistol thing, messing with the AI's health value alone might have caused some weird bug that made it act stupid.

On the same note, it could just be a glitch. Games are not perfect a lot of the time (if ever) and because of the nature of code there's always the chance of it doing something unexpected because the electrons aligned in just the right way at midnight on a winter solstace in CPUlandia (formerly Yugoslavia, according to wikipedia).

That said though, there's still the chance that the footage is genuine and that's actually how the AI acts in-game and that'd be pretty bad but also an issue that's likely to be patched very quickly so it shouldn't really be a worry because that behaviour is obviously not intentional since we've already seen it acting differently in videos of the devs playing the game/trailers/etc.

Now, whether the game will even start when you click play on day one...

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pre-ordered it for PS4 with the Dell $25 credit deal. I had a $25 credit from Infamous to roll over and for some reason I just really feel like sinking into a meaty 1 player FPS. Of course I probably won't beat it before Watch Dogs comes along, and I do want to play Transistor...but I always bite off more than I can chew gaming wise so this is nothing new.

I pre-ordered from PSN too. I've been going digital this year when buying games. I'll probably beat it when watchdogs comes around.

Loading Video...

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TreeTrunk

Edge magazine stated that Wolfenstein is the only game that touches the same level of character interaction, growth, story, themes of bleak to amusing sequences despite being in an impossible situation etc; - He stated that it was "Much more than just another shooter; " and I may mix this part of the quote up saying "It may be drowned out by other games coming out at the same time - but overall this is the gem of this year in story telling and gameplay" - "Many would be surprised if I said that the games story is more on par with the depth and themes of The Last of Us rather than a popcorn action game - Well, I was surprised as well - The entire development team put careful crafting into every aspect while the director, producer and writers nailed what may end up in conversation for years in the FPS Genre - Yeah; It actually has a touching, dark and exciting story that is only offered in First Person Shooters every few years"

http://www.edge-online.com/features/machinegames-wolfenstein-the-new-order-is-as-surprising-as-it-is-bombastic/

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Probably not at launch, I could definitely see myself getting it down the road though

Avatar image for thecatswhiskers
thecatswhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: yep, you can carry all of the guns at the same time, and dual wield.

Dual wielding auto shotguns is great. Everything dies fast.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I really want to play this but cannot justify paying $60 for it right now. Plus I need to save up for a PS4 first, and then I'll play it on there instead of the PS3.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

I don't know what this game is, but I'm getting Transistor. So...no.

This.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Shit yeah, son! Can't wait to play this. Classes are done and I'm off work on Tuesday. Gonna pick it up early in the morning and have a nice relaxing day playing it.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Solh0und

Sure, I want to stab Nazis in the face and neck.

Also, the somewhat dull AI doesn't surprise me. RTCW's AI wasn't what I called smart either.

ravingham91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will buy it on release If: 1 it runs fine on PC (I find www.pcgamingwiki.com is a great place to see how ports run) and 2 I can get an online code for say $50 (AUD) or under. I think last time I bought a game on day 1 was far cry 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Buying both of the Jedi Knight games and Spec Ops The Line, I've got my fix for a long while. Transistor and Wolfenstein are going to have to wait.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solh0und: If you're talking about the video @cale posted, then I'd say that the AI goes beyond " somewhat dull. " The enemies are, like, barely functional in that video. I really hope that footage is from a suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper early build.

Which it probably is. Even though Bethesda has a track record in releasing buggy games, at least most of them have been good.