Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Oi, fellas. I'll hop/skip right to it. Rories latest video series has really gotten me salivating at the prospect of trying out Legion. It's been multiple years since I played the game proper, but I thought I'd at least try a months worth of subscription, see if I'm simply being nostalgic, or whether I can still find fun in the game.

Unfortunately, the realm I'm on is completely barren, to the extent where in a couple of hours of playtime, I've only seen 3 other players. Auch. As such, I was contemplating using the legion pre-order bonus to automatically level a character to 100, and per-maybe-haps join some fellow Ryckert "influencees" playing on somewhat more popularized servers. So, where you fellas at, and would you help an old veteran out?

I'm in Europe, by the by.

Biggus Editus

So it turns out, boys and girls, that some good folks have already established guilds for the majority of you.

If you're in the US, the Horde guild "Bomb Squad" already has a number of members; so go on and send @madscientistcat a message on the site, including your battle.net handle.

If you're in Europe, the Alliance guild "Lincoln Force" has just set up. If you're interested, send @flipperdesert a message, including your battle.net handle, and so on.

Finally, if you're in Europe, and want yourself a Horde guild, there is going to be one available fairly soon. Go ahead and send yours truly a message if you're interested. I will need some help with the charter, and selecting a name, which is by far the best part anyway.

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By guanophobic

I guess you forgot to mention which side of our world you're on? I would perhaps be interested if there were any EU players wanting to get back.

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@guanophobic: I sure did. Appreciate you pointing it out. I'm in the EU as well.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do. US though.

Boniti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember that whole thing with the Nostalrius server shutdown? Turns out there are tons of others like it running various versions of the game. I ducked out midway through cataclysm, but recently my brother and I have gone back to one running Wrath and we're having a great time. It doesn't have the LFG system that turned both of us off the game, it's more populated than any single Blizz server (not counting their cross-realm zone stuff) and it's not buggy in comparison to other servers like this. I don't know if this is what you're really looking for, but figured I'd throw it out there!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was in a weird mood when I woke up the other day, I re-subscribed and bought Legion.

Any guilds I used to be in are long gone and any friends I played with have moved on. Pre-ordering Legion comes with a boost to 100, but I got stuck at the character creator screen. Not sure which server I'm going to play on, or even what class. I've always played a Warrior, but I left off at level 96 and I'm most definitely not going to be paying for a server transfer, so I don't know yet.

What I really want to do is just start fresh with a new Demon Hunter, I've always liked tanking so I'll probably just wait for that.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I was in a weird mood when I woke up the other day, I re-subscribed and bought Legion.

Any guilds I used to be in are long gone and any friends I played with have moved on. Pre-ordering Legion comes with a boost to 100, but I got stuck at the character creator screen. Not sure which server I'm going to play on, or even what class. I've always played a Warrior, but I left off at level 96 and I'm most definitely not going to be paying for a server transfer, so I don't know yet.

What I really want to do is just start fresh with a new Demon Hunter, I've always liked tanking so I'll probably just wait for that.

Don't worry too much about what server you play on - focus more on the CrossRealm groups and see which has a better balance between the horde and the alliance. The one I am a part of (my server is Elune) is pretty packed with people from all different servers. I rarely actually get into an instance group with someone from my own realm. Just look for some of the more populated servers, look up their faction make-up, and make a decision from there. Typically, if the server you find is very high pop, then most of the realms in it's crossrealm group will be as a well!

Hope this helps a bit!

PS: Demon Hunter tanking is a blast.

Picky_Bugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boniti: Looking back Wrath was so good. It had a really good cohesive theme, compared to the last two expansions. I've not looked too much at Legion but will probably resub to level to 110.

Eu Horde.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Haruko

Been playing since vanilla (US) Mal'ganis Horde side goonsquad represent.

We have a 97% horde 3ish% alliance crossrealm with us is just grand. It's also the most populated server I've ever played on having been on Kilrogg PVE for a long time.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By FlipperDesert

I'm still playing! I'm in EU-Khadgar and would love to play with some GB guys. :) I've been trying to get into tanking but the community is as toxic as ever with shitty DPS rushing in and bragging about their recount scores, a friendly face or two wouldn't go amiss.

If anyone wants to make a guild or something, VideoJames#21896 :)

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

i start playing again when expansion comes out

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still play, EU Alliance on Hellfire. The realm/battlegroup had been pretty dead but since the latest patch hit it's pretty active again.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Samaritan

Got back in when 7.0 hit, plan on playing regularly through the launch of Legion and we'll see where that goes. I'm US, have characters all over the place. Desperately looking for a guild, so if the GB community is getting together a guild, I'm in, even if it's mostly duders on the other side of the pond.

Anyone looking for a WoW friend, feel free to shoot me a friend request: Samaritan#11187

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boniti: Don't wanna put this private server on blast, but if it is US-based could you message me details?

Had a few outstanding things from my time with WoTLK. Most notably, I never got to see Algalon.

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EU-Shadowsong and EU-Terokkar for me. Would be down for hanging out with some GB duders, since the majority of people I played with way back when have all quit apart from 1-2.

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, hot damn, this thread took off in a way I'd seriously not expected. That's kinda' cool.

I haven't played seriously since early Cataclysm, so I might be missing out on some of the finer details. The way you folks speak of cross-realm compatibility, it almost sounds like you're able to form a guild with members across different realms? Are you able to make pre-mades and the like as well?

If so, I think we've got something here. Because I just looked at the server transfer cost, and hot jesus, that's money.

hnke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boniti: Don't wanna put this private server on blast, but if it is US-based could you message me details?

Had a few outstanding things from my time with WoTLK. Most notably, I never got to see Algalon.

Lordaeron is the biggest for LK. Nostalrius has really raised the bar for quality across all three of vanilla, TBC, and LK so there has never been a better time to go back and start playing the expansions that you want to play.

Warlords left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I probably will not get the new expansion, for the first time since I started playing a decade ago. And the year I spent on Nostalrius turned out to be the most fun and rewarding time I have ever had in a video game. So yes, I am still playing this game because I don't see it ever getting old for me, but right now I'm in a bit of a holding pattern until Blizzcon which is when we'll know for certain if Blizzard's recent change in attitude is genuine or all for show.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Getting ready to jump back in soon to pre-prep for Legion. Played from day 1 - pre-ice crown launch and then returned in Panda. Play off on an US-Turalyon but definitely looking forward to the legion.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reupping soon, gonna play in the US

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@do_the_manta_ray said:

Well, hot damn, this thread took off in a way I'd seriously not expected. That's kinda' cool.

I haven't played seriously since early Cataclysm, so I might be missing out on some of the finer details. The way you folks speak of cross-realm compatibility, it almost sounds like you're able to form a guild with members across different realms? Are you able to make pre-mades and the like as well?

If so, I think we've got something here. Because I just looked at the server transfer cost, and hot jesus, that's money.

Haven't played since all of the cross-realm stuff got crazy, but it pretty much seems like the realm your guild is on matters very little these days. If you or someone else creates a new GB guild, sign me the hell up.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I definitely do, and I'll probably want some help with the Warlords LFR when I get to the end of the current series of videos if anyone wants to join. Feel free to add me at frailgesture#1115 on B.net if you want to join.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Aaaah, so many EU people! I'm stuck in an awkward situation where I live in the UK now but started my WoW account when I was still in Singapore, so my account is stuck on the US servers. A couple of my friends resubbed with me but I would really love to find a guild that raids on EU time. I've considered restarting on EU but I had no contacts or a server to go to so I didn't want to make the leap. If a GB guild gets started I'd be pretty keen to jump in!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec9d6abe2ca2
deactivated-5ec9d6abe2ca2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, I didn't know that even guilds were cross-realm now. That's awesome! I would definitely join a GB guild, I have both Horde and Alliance characters at 100 and plan on bringing both into Legion content. I'm on US servers - specifically Mal'Ganis and Moon Guard.

So far I think the new patch is pretty rad, I really like all the class changes I've seen so far and the new transmog system has done wonders to clear up my bank and bag space. Really excited for Legion and I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see if there's any guilds settin' up.

(Also, aren't they implementing some kind of new social/community chat system with Legion? I don't know if they went into it or explained anything about it but I remember reading it, like on a bullet point list of new expansion features or something. That might be good too if creating a guild doesn't work out.)

Signus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I resubbed in the middle of WoD, quit, then resubbed again for Legion. US Alliance, probably won't play much until the expansion actually releases, but looking forward to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resubbed a few months ago in prep for Leigion and found myself playing almost very day = / much like rorie I play it like a single player game.

grandCurator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By grandCurator

Bought a month like 2-3 weeks ago after having not played basically at all since WoD launched. End game is still pretty boring, but the pre-patch is pretty nifty.

shagral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By shagral

I got back to WoW after pre-xpac patch and going to play in Legion. Add me Shagral#2923 I'm on Magtheridon EU but most group stuff now works cross-realm.

Edit: someone mentioned Giant Bomb EU guild? I want in! Post info here guys

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Moonshadow101

The US Horde Zul'jin guild (Bomb Squad) isn't wildly active, but it's been picking up a bit since the pre-patch dropped.

nyberrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nyberrite

I'm still playing,

EU-Argent Dawn

suprst4r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By suprst4r

I skipped WoD entirely (2.5 years) and am back to the game. I am having great fun. US - Blackrock - Horde - Star#1760

I'm a Holy Priest, all the instaqueues!

mjl51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to join an EU guild for Legion too, on EU Moonglade at the moment, Vecuron#2910

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Alright, I'm seriously considering starting a EU Guild here. I've got a few questions, mind you, as I've just returned to the game after a long absence. Does it cost a lot of gold to upgrade a guild? If so, I might not be the best to lead it as god knows, I ain't rich.

What would you EU fellas like from a GB guild? Personally, I'd really a place where we can all hang out and talk bull-puppy, but give Legion raiding a proper go once the time comes. No demands from anyone, of course, but that'd be the most fun for me personally.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@do_the_manta_ray: If I remember right it's about 10g or 100g to start a guild and you need 10 people to sign a charter for it before you can start it.

That might have changed now but it's not expensive either way, particularly by today's standards.

I've a character in a private guild that I made years ago, I just paid random people to sign the charter and they agreed to leave/I could kick them once it started.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I just re-opened my account after about a year + off so I could get my paladin leveled up for Legion. During Warlords I actually went Horde for the first time since the game first came out since my wife plays a Troll hunter. I actually ended up liking my Troll Hunter better than my main Holy Paladin.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonshadow101 said:

The US Horde Zul'jin guild (Bomb Squad) isn't wildly active, but it's been picking up a bit since the pre-patch dropped.

Is the leadership of that guild still around? I've got a single character who I've since abandoned in the guild, but if people are still playing on there, I've more characters on Zul'jin I'd move over to that guild.

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any idea if they will merge servers or something? I have a couple characters on a dead server.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I have a 100 paladin on NA-Korgath ready to go for Legion, mostly play as a healer. Also thinking about creating a Mage on a different server (perhaps Emerald Dream, where I have a 100 priest).

DumbFounded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DumbFounded

Been playing on and off constantly since 05 on Moonglade-EU Keiji#2826. Ive no real idea how cross realm grouping works but id be down for any of that, Or if we settled on an EU realm for a fresh guild id happily start an alt there!

And as far as im aware regarding the guild costs, pretty sure the only expensive bit of that now is buying Guild Bank tabs, But with the new reagent banks and gear not taking up space anymore its not really that needed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just re subbed and play both alliance and horde on EU - if people would be up for a no drama allowed casual guild hit me up Ir0n#2235. Would move servers if necessary as most of the people I played with in the past moved on and the guild I was active in since vanilla is basically dead.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FlipperDesert

@do_the_manta_ray said:

Alright, I'm seriously considering starting a EU Guild here. I've got a few questions, mind you, as I've just returned to the game after a long absence. Does it cost a lot of gold to upgrade a guild? If so, I might not be the best to lead it as god knows, I ain't rich.

What would you EU fellas like from a GB guild? Personally, I'd really a place where we can all hang out and talk bull-puppy, but give Legion raiding a proper go once the time comes. No demands from anyone, of course, but that'd be the most fun for me personally.

Why, I want that moose mount, of course. ;) Social would be cool too, I'd love to practice tanking with people who aren't from LFG.

Can I put forward the name Neon Space Bogstroks? I can set it up too, I have a few level 100's who can front the gold. Also, Alliance or Horde? I normally play Alliance.

HolocaustWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have a few level 100s on Horde on SWC EU, main my fury warrior though. Still almost 700 ilvl and I stopped raiding halfway through Blackrock Foundry. If there's enough interest for an EU guild I'd be interested in joining. Probably wouldn't transfer any characters, but would start fresh and power through.

Kanwulf#2248

Only real SWC fam will remember how dead the realm was before CRZ.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's basically what I am looking for, so in case you proceed with that idea let me know. Have in the meantime every class but Monk on max level but will probably main one of the healer classes (Priest and Shaman look most fun in 7.0 to me so far) as I usually end up playing support roles in multiplayer games.

DumbFounded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if we can settle on a faction *cough*Alliance*Cough"and realm I'm in! If it's on my server cluster I have alot of levelled DPS classes already and a potential Paladin tank if not I'll happily start a new character as I've not really levelled anyone fresh in years so it would be a fun time!

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dumbfounded: I'm on Khadgar at the moment, but I think everyone's on different servers so there's not gonna be much common ground.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dumbfounded: Leveling is so fast now. I just reupped and leveled my DK from 93 to 100 in a week of very casual (1-2 hours a night of quest grinding) play. Really just wanted the 2h sword you get from garrison transmogs. I've gotten everything but... :(

If you heirloom up a new character, I've gotten from 1-20 in a single evening. I have a few 3x XP potions for later levels. You don't even need to worry much about stats for those heirlooms, at least as a plate class. Your DPS heirlooms now work perfectly well for tanking dungeons as you level, as crit now gives tanks parry. You can get any enchant on any heirloom.

Avatar image for madscientistcat
madscientistcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_felafel: Hi, Bomb Squad leadership here *waves*. There's about 4 people actively playing right now. I have no idea if more will come back for Legion, but I'm guessing not much of the old crew will come back just because life happened to us! But I welcome anyone who wants to come and hang out, level, and chat with some friendlies. All guildies should be able to invite people now. We won't be raiding, but Zul'Jin has a large, active horde community for pugging and such (plus cross realm).

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FlipperDesert

Okay, I've made a charter for Lincoln Force on EU-Khadgar and am looking for signatures, add me and let's make something happen. :)

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madscientistcat: Hi there! Weirdly enough, I'm on Zul'jin and happen to be Horde! Small world huh?!

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madscientistcat said:

@captain_felafel: Hi, Bomb Squad leadership here *waves*. There's about 4 people actively playing right now. I have no idea if more will come back for Legion, but I'm guessing not much of the old crew will come back just because life happened to us! But I welcome anyone who wants to come and hang out, level, and chat with some friendlies. All guildies should be able to invite people now. We won't be raiding, but Zul'Jin has a large, active horde community for pugging and such (plus cross realm).

Ahoy! Appreciate the reply. Even if it's so few players, I'll hop on my Orc Hunter and see about leveling him up some.