I put together a custom soundbank for your Worms team using the in-battle voice clips from most of the cast of Persona 4, a game that I think has become near and dear to a lot of the Giant Bomb userbase, so here it is!
I used a set of Youtube videos as the sources but it didn't include Rise, so she's not in there, and I wasn't hurting enough for lines to go digging for more. It leans heavy on Kanji and Chie because I found their attitudes suit Worms best. The main character (Charlie Tunoku to most of us) is used for the Ows and Oofs, because besides yelling out the name of every persona in the game, that's all he's got. I made and tested this using Worms Reloaded, but it's possible that the .xom file extension works for other versions of Worms (let me know if you try this). Also note that you'll need to send your soundbank to the people you're playing with, otherwise they're going to hear one chosen at random at the start of every match. This is a pretty big oversight, though you'll still hear your own soundbank.
If you were hoping Chie's infamous "Aha! Is this our chance!?" was the start of turn line, you won't be disappointed. =)
If you're curious how to make your own, it can take awhile but it's fairly simple. It took me upwards of 6 hours all told, not including the time I spent testing out which triggers do what. I was also completely new to editing audio, so don't let that stop you. I used 'Youtube to mp3' to grab the audio from Youtube, and then I used Audacity (it's free) to convert it into a .wav, which is the only form of audio Worms will accept. I got lucky and didn't have to adjust the volume (in general the game makes them a bit quieter), but I think you can do that in Audacity also. If you get a big file with all the sound clips strung together (like my sources), make sure to convert it to .wav and test audio levels before you start cutting it up into separate clips.
After that I had a listen to each one and wrote down some rough time stamps of lines in notepad. Then I had a look at each of the triggers that the game has in place for when your team says something, and assigned a line for each one. As I picked them out, I would use my time stamp to find it in the file and highlight the section I wanted to use. In Audacity you can do this simply by clicking and dragging on the.. uh.. squiggly line section. You can zoom in/out with Ctrl+1 and Ctrl+3 to be more precise, and you can be even more precise by entering exact times to 3 decimals in the fields at the bottom of the window. Once you've got the section highlighted, use File -> Export to save it (use unique names you'll recognize). Once you've got your clips, open Worms Reloaded, go to customize, sound banks, and click the slot you want to set a sound for. Find the directory you saved everything in and select the sample. Do this for each trigger and when you're done, click save and choose a name. The game automatically packages it into a .xom file, which is the format the game uses for soundbanks.
I'm still only hazy of the specifics of the triggers, but here's my understanding of them:
- Amazing, Brilliant, Excellent, Flawless, and Perfect are when you have a good turn or land a high damage shot
- Boring and Coward are when an opponent has a turn where he doesn't inflict damage
- Bummer (and Oi nutter?) is when you hurt yourself
- Bye Bye and Oh Dear play on your death
- Collect is when you grab a crate
- Come On Then is when you've got 15 seconds left on your turn
- Dragon Ball, Fire Punch, Kamikaze are when you use said weapon.
- Drop is for when crates drop after your turn (I had before your turn in mind when I selected my line..)
- Fatality is when you kill an enemy worm
- Fire and Watch This are when you attack with various weapons
- First Blood is after landing the first hit of a match
- Go Away, Leave Me Alone, Ouch, I'll Get You, Just You Wait, You'll Regret That, and Revenge are when you take a hit from an enemy
- Grenade is used for both throwing one, and when it lands next to you
- Hello is played at the start of your turn, before you take control of a worm. Orders and Yes Sir are played after you take control of a worm
- Hurry is when you've only got 5 seconds left on your turn
- Incoming and Take Cover are when an airstrike is coming
- Jump 1 is your forward jump, Jump 2 is your backflip
- Laugh comes up in a variety of situations; When an opponent messes up, and when you collect a crate being the most common
- Missed and What The are when an enemy misses you
- Nooo is when your worm gets sent flying off the side of the map
- Oof is when you land after a fall, Ow is when you take damage from something like fire
- Oops is when you miss or don't deal damage
- Run Away is when a grenade or something lands close to you
- Stupid is when an opponent hurts himself or misses
- Traitor is when a teammate hits you
- Uh Oh seems to be used whenever something bad is about to happen to you
- Victory is when you win a match
You can also leave one blank if you can't find a suitable clip and you can use the same file for multiple slots. And.. that's about it, so I hope that helps. Cheers!