Notes from the PS3 version.

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Goldone

So the PS3 version of the game is out there now with people from youtube and twitter and it turns out they've removed quite a few modes.

In terms of gameplay it's exactly the same as 2K14 with no new stamina or grapple system, no crawling to the ropes to get up, still the old breaking point submission system, it's basically 2K14 with a new roster.

The story designer has been removed, so unless it's in the current gen games it looks like VGCW will be sticking with 2K14. Create a finisher has also been removed and you can no longer use custom music for CAWs. On top of that create an entrance is gone and there are only 3 generic entrances in there to pick for caws.

Exhibition mode and match types are the same as last year with the casket match and 3 stages or hell being exclusive to showcase mode only. No improvements to caw mode and you can still only have 100 of them.

Superstar heads now includes:

Alberto Del Rio

Batista

Brock Lesnar

Cesaro

Chris Jericho

CM Punk (last year)

CM Punk retro (Might be long hair Punk from 2K14 dlc)

Damien Sandow

Daniel Bryan (Short hair and beard)

Dolph Ziggler

Kane (The Demon Kane)

John Cena

The Miz

Paul Heyman

Randy Orton

The Rock

Ryback

Shawn Michaels

Sheamus

Stone Cold

Triple H current

Triple H retro

Undertaker (last year)

Undertaker (retro)

So Goldberg, Mankind and Piper were removed which is understandable if they aren't in the game or dlcs. The Shield members are also still in those attires, so that means either the current gen versions were updated or Dean Ambrose is in superstar heads on PS4/Xone as they've shown him in his vest/jeans combo on RAW.

Jericho is missing several of his tattoos, Xavier Woods comes out to the Funkasaurus music and the WWE title is the one the Rock debuted with the old scratch logo and not the updates one that Brock currently has. The roster has also been padded with 2 versions of Del Rio, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Kane (both masked) and Randy Orton. Also Christian isn't in the game (wtf?)

If you want to see some videos of it in action Hardyfanthe1stBITW and Bgoingtotroll have videos of it on youtube showing off various modes and matches from 2K showcase.

So does hearing about everything they removed on PS3/360 make you nervous about the current gen version or do you think any of those modes will still be in those ones? Are you still looking forward to the game they've not released a lot of info about? Who has pre-ordered and are you sticking with it or waiting for the reviews to come out before picking it up?

Personally I'm a little worried with all the info and videos released, despite getting it on PS4. I'm tempted to cancel and use the money on GTA or Assassin's Unity instead but I kinda want Sting in the game when I know I'll get it eventually anyway.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sounds rotten, it's like they are trying to up-sell the current-gen versions of the game by cutting content from these versions. I'm no game-designer but i'm sure some of those features would have been compatible with the 360/PS3.

It's the EA-model. They've been putting out last-gen versions of their sports games a few years after each launch comes, but it's always just roster updates and nothing else. They could've worked the new features to the older versions, but they need to get people to buy the new ones to make the investment in them affordable. Otherwise you're just hoping people who have both consoles buy the more expensive version because better shaders or something which isn't a major selling point for most people.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

The current gen versions were offloaded on to another studio entirely so its to be expected that they are going to be a shell of the actual game on current gen. Honestly, I think that's for the best because last gen is holding back development of current gen.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vierastalo:

More expensive versions? Ain't no discount on EA games just because they lack features. That's not the model.

The real issue is developer resources. They don't want to hire a bunch of new developers to implement the modes on the older hardware so they just strip them out and tell people to buy the new version if they complain. It's complete and utter B.S. and nobody should put up with it. It's one thing if the older hardware version of a game has frame rate issues (Titanfall) or lacks certain features (Shadow of Mordor) because of hardware limitations. You can't expect developers to do as much with 512 megs of RAM as they can with 8 gigs. It's totally another if modes that have existed in prior versions on the 360 and PS3 are stripped out as a cost-saving measure.

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: I agree that it's better if last gen doesn't hold back current gen, especially with these games seeing as the PS2 version held the 360/PS3 versions for so long. However them just removing features like create a story, having custom music for entrances and create a finisher which were in last years game on those consoles it seems a little gross. It's also a little worrying because this is the first we're hearing of fairly popular modes being removed with no information on whether or not they're still in the current gen versions.

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Goldone

Just updated the first post, apparently create an entrance is gone too. So you can no longer make custom entrances for people, they've also gutted a lot of the generic entrances from past games, meaning entrances from older games for guys like Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy or even JTG are gone. The guy on the 2k forums said that it's just a guy talking on a phone, the zombie and the clumsy entrances left that don't belong to superstars themselves.