Anyone switch their PS4 preorder to an Xbox One?

Avatar image for houseofballoons
HouseOfBalloons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HouseOfBalloons

Pretty sure I'm gonna go to my local GameStop today and switch out my PS4 preorder to an X1. I currently have a PS3 since I sold my 360 last year because I didn't need two consoles. The thing is, I never really fell in love with my PS3 the way I did my 360. Bad decision.

I initially bought into the hype with the PS4, but later realized all of the innovation Microsoft is bringing to the table is actually pretty neat. Another deciding factor is the fact that I'm not really a fan of any of the PS4 launch titles, nor Sony's exclusives (sorry TLoU, but you'll always have a place in my heart). I don't think I've ever been more unexcited for a game I've preordered as I am now with Killzone 4. Titanfall had me wowed since the reveal and Forza imo is the best racing sim available. I recently popped in GT5 and couldn't bare to play it for more than five minutes; it was just so bland and unexciting.

Other than the $100 difference between the two consoles, I don't think there is too much of a reason for me to go ahead and purchase the PS4. Seriously, how much better are the graphics going to be on the PS4? With all the things Microsoft is going to implement with their cloud tech, I only see that gap closing in the near future.

Edited for typos.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Oldirtybearon

God, I really wish there was a way to tell who is a guerrilla marketer and who is legitimate. There's just no way to tell.

Godspeed OP. I hope you don't get burned in your decision.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

No.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Are you a marketer? You gotta tell us if you are.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, how much better are the graphics going to be on the PS4? With all the things Microsoft is going to implement with their cloud tech in the ne, I only see that gap closing in the near future.

lol

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BaneFireLord

@oldirtybearon: I think the fact that this guy has only 5 posts makes it pretty obvious.

HouseOfBalloons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously.. I'm not a marketer. I can't believe that's a legitimate worry nowadays on forums..

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseofballoons said:

Seriously.. I'm not a marketer. I can't believe that's a legitimate worry nowadays on forums..

Hey brothers, I'm totally not a cop... so where are the marijuana cigarettes?

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Nope, but more power to you.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

W..why would I do that? It's still $100 more and it's still less powerful.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I will exchange my (non-existent) PS4 preorder to a (non-existent) Xbox One preorder based on everything you just said! Thanks for opening eyes and saving me from the huge mistake I was going to make!j

VRMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

...because of what? The RAM issue seeming to bring the two consoles closer to parity? PS4 is still a more powerful box. I'm leaning towards an X1 because I feel more inclined towards the exclusive lineup, but I knew that out of E3. If you're not deciding on the basis of what games you want to play, allowing for some fundamental device philosophy stuff (the old DRM policy, Kinect) you've failed right there.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jimmyfenix

@houseofballoons said:

There watching you.

Loading Video...
confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By confusedowl

I have no reason to switch over my pre order. I still hate that I chose a 360 over a ps3 this gen.

HouseOfBalloons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Kind of confused why you ever thought you'd want a PS4 in the first place? I don't think there was hype around Sony so much as there was just a shocked relief that they maybe weren't trying to fuck us over.

Though good on ya for getting a thing you want, i guess?

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crime life gang wars is the greatest game out, these too cool for school game reviewers do not know what they are talking about. Crime life gang wars is the most fun I have had all year. Crime life gang wars is out now, I think you should buy it because it is the BOMB!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should I even bother?

In any gaming forum, an unknown user with very few amounts of posts comparing two next generation consoles but holding one in higher regard for almost illogical reasons will be called out as having a potential ulterior motive.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I have them both preordered. I only plan to buy one though. Closer to the release I'll decide on which one to get.

HouseOfBalloons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HouseOfBalloons

@joshwent said:

Kind of confused why you ever thought you'd want a PS4 in the first place? I don't think there was hype around Sony so much as there was just a shocked relief that they maybe weren't trying to fuck us over.

At first, the DRM policy MS was implementing was appalling to me. There was no reason to not buy the PS4. Now that it's reversed, I don't think I can justify not getting the X1 because of the exclusives.

Yeah I know, just because they switched their policies due to the negative feedback from gamers doesn't make it ok for us to just throw money in their pockets and praise them. Pretty much just excited for the cloud technology and the exclusives tbh.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseofballoons: What's the game you're most looking forward to this fall? Any game. Any platform.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've now pre-ordered to get both. All my grudgey friends are getting PS4.

So to answer: "Nes/Yo"

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseofballoons said:

Should I even bother?

In any gaming forum, an unknown user with very few amounts of posts comparing two next generation consoles but holding one in higher regard for almost illogical reasons will be called out as having a potential ulterior motive.

http://www.giantbomb.com/playstation-4/3045-146/forums/why-i-think-the-ps4-will-be-the-best-system-next-g-1441375/#47

This guy literally had 1 post and barely anyone batted an eyelash.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent said:

At first, the DRM policy MS was implementing was appalling to me. There was no reason to not buy the PS4. Now that it's reversed, I don't think I can justify not getting the X1 because of the exclusives.

Yeah I know, just because they switched their policies due to the negative feedback from gamers doesn't make it ok for us to just throw money in their pockets and praise them. Pretty much just excited for the cloud technology and the exclusives tbh.

Isn't it a little late to switch to X1? cause i thought they stopped taking pre orders for both consoles.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By artelinarose

@joshwent said:

The cloud technology is just regular ass cloud computing. They've hyped it up because they assume people have no idea what the fuck "the cloud" actually means, and you know what, they weren't wrong. Ugh. Ugh.

Sweetie, your heart is in the right place, but I think you approached this at a bad angle.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lockwoodx

I don't care what Microsoft does at this point. After the Mexican RROD boxes that were DOA before they even shipped, I'll never buy a piece of Microsoft hardware again.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluxwavez said:

@houseofballoons said:

Should I even bother?

http://www.giantbomb.com/playstation-4/3045-146/forums/why-i-think-the-ps4-will-be-the-best-system-next-g-1441375/#47

Uh... I see plenty of people facetiously posting in that link?

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't gamestop sold out of their allotment of xbox and ps4 preorders already anyways; making it impossible for you to switch at gamestop?

HouseOfBalloons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseofballoons: What's the game you're most looking forward to this fall? Any game. Any platform.

Too lazy to search for release dates since some of these may not be Fall releases, so I'll just tell you which next-gen games I'm looking forward to in general. My #1 would have to be Titanfall, hands down. As far as the others go.. Destiny, Forza, The Division, and BF4. Ryse looked cool at first, but it isn't really shaping up to be what I was hoping for, so that's out.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connerthekewlkid said:

@fluxwavez said:

@houseofballoons said:

Should I even bother?

Uh... I see plenty of people facetiously posting in that link?

Maybe about half, but not an entire thread full.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By falserelic

Hell to the fucking no.

Why would I make such a stupid decision.

HouseOfBalloons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HouseOfBalloons

I like you.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connerthekewlkid said:

...So?

Most people immeditaly jumped to marketer with this one, yet with the other one they just said its a dumb post.

Its the difference in completely dismissing someone because you think theyre a marketer, than just saying you are disagreeing with their opinion.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lockwoodx

The best bet this generation is sticking with the PC. Everything is being ported over to Steam anyways suckers so keep paying full retail for 2008 graphics and barbaric DRM.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'm not buying anything at launch. I'll buy a PS4 once Metal Gear Solid 5 release date gets announced.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

hell no!

HouseOfBalloons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluxwavez said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

...So?

Most people immeditaly jumped to marketer with this one, yet with the other one they just said its a dumb post.

Its the difference in completely dismissing someone because you think theyre a marketer, than just saying you are disagreeing with their opinion.

I didn't even bother feeding the trolls.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@houseofballoons said:

No Caption Provided

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was Hilarious, thanks.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@blu3v3nom07 said:

I like you.

Hahaha! Thanks!

Welcome btw.

Loading Video...

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@connerthekewlkid said:

I guess so, but ridicule is ridicule in my mind, so I don't really care about the distinction, especially when it comes to Giant Bomb.

Avatar image for deactivated-61876872b43d2
deactivated-61876872b43d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm not buying anything at launch. I'll buy a PS4 once Metal Gear Solid 5 release date gets announced.

Same here. Probably won't pick one up until either MGS5 or Destiny are out.

HouseOfBalloons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HouseOfBalloons

@jakelyne said:
@demoskinos said:

Same here. Probably won't pick one up until either MGS5 or Destiny are out.

I completely forgot about MGS! That game alone will eventually make me purchase a PS4 if I decide to get an X1 first. Metal Gear on the PS1 will always be in my top 5.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After I went through 3 different Xbox 360s in two years, I wasn't going to buy the next Microsoft console even before their colossal DRM fuck-up this year.

Meanwhile, I'm on the same PS3 I've had since 2008.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#47  Edited By Gargantuan

Haven't preordered anything. I'll probably buy both consoles on release day, the big question is which online service I will pay for.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. both still preordered.

Definitely more excited about xbox one as a device and for the games until spring, but hopefully Sony will have more games to show at gamescom that will actually be released before holiday 2014. I don't see that happening though.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Seriously, how much better are the graphics going to be on the PS4? With all the things Microsoft is going to implement with their cloud tech, I only see that gap closing in the near future.

You're not going to get magic GPU's through your internet connection.