Anyone switch their PS4 preorder to an Xbox One?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@mrfluke said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@mrfluke said:

nope, now that the policies are reversed, the subject between the two is about the games,

both 1st party

launch date

games dont look that great, but i still prefer the ps4 lineup more.

also way more excited for infamous second son than titanfall. not to mention there's a very good possibility with due to how the respawn guys have been shyly saying on twitter that titanfall may be a timed exclusive or that the next game will go multiplatform

Its gonna go multiplat in a year. What would be awesome is if it went cross platform playing.

I have had a huge surge in work hours this last month and there is a decent chance I will have the cash to get both systems near release. *X1 all ready pre ordered*

Killzone on PS4 is super tempting along with Second Son.

if your talking X1/PS4 cross play, that would be fantastic, but it'll never happen.

i think Killzone could surprise people if they do it right, that series has good intrigue fiction, but does a piss poor job of surfacing that in the last 3 games.

also i believe sony has like 5 free to play titles getting ready for launch with the ps4, so there is that of possibly getting 5 games with your system.

Now that X1 is going with the self publishing thing WarFrame might be coming over to it as well.

that might actually happen now

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/29/warframe-may-come-to-xbox-one-after-microsofts-changes

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@mrfluke said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@mrfluke said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@mrfluke said:

nope, now that the policies are reversed, the subject between the two is about the games,

both 1st party

launch date

also way more excited for infamous second son than titanfall. not to mention there's a very good possibility with due to how the respawn guys have been shyly saying on twitter that titanfall may be a timed exclusive or that the next game will go multiplatform

Its gonna go multiplat in a year. What would be awesome is if it went cross platform playing.

I have had a huge surge in work hours this last month and there is a decent chance I will have the cash to get both systems near release. *X1 all ready pre ordered*

if your talking X1/PS4 cross play, that would be fantastic, but it'll never happen.

i think Killzone could surprise people if they do it right, that series has good intrigue fiction, but does a piss poor job of surfacing that in the last 3 games.

also i believe sony has like 5 free to play titles getting ready for launch with the ps4, so there is that of possibly getting 5 games with your system.

Now that X1 is going with the self publishing thing WarFrame might be coming over to it as well.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/29/warframe-may-come-to-xbox-one-after-microsofts-changes

I wonder if all those "Exclusive' Indies shown at E3 will stay PS4 only now. Indies arnt gonna sit on one system they will sell where they can.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#203  Edited By GreggD

@greggd said:

The two games I'm looking forward to the most, and the reason I'm going to get an X1 before a PS4, are the new Remedy game and Sunset Overdrive.

I remember the last time I was really impressed by a colorful and fun looking trailer of a new Insomniac game. I think we all know how that turned out.

Still leaves Quantum Break.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@mrfluke said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@mrfluke said:

both 1st party

launch date

I wonder if all those "Exclusive' Indies shown at E3 will stay PS4 only now. Indies arnt gonna sit on one system they will sell where they can.

i think it'ill depend on the small stuff like policies and placement and whatnot. but i have a feeling some will stay loyal to sony/steam though (the ppl that made skulls of the shogun, a xbl exclusive, i believe said they are never going back with microsoft again cause of how they got buried and forgotten)

i think besides the subject on whats hidden behind a paywall and whats not (as i believe netflix is still behind gold on X1)

the main subject between the 2 systems will be more about the exclusives and the timed/exclusive dlc. and thats exciting,

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

@spaceinsomniac said:

@greggd said:

The two games I'm looking forward to the most, and the reason I'm going to get an X1 before a PS4, are the new Remedy game and Sunset Overdrive.

I remember the last time I was really impressed by a colorful and fun looking trailer of a new Insomniac game. I think we all know how that turned out.

which sounds ambitious, but they have barely showed that game. like what is that game? correct me if im wrong but all they showed is a guy investigating an area while time is frozen

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is like saying they are getting a PS4 because of the CG trailer for Beyond: Two Souls which no one should be surprised when they get a somewhat incredulous reaction.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I am still going to get both. I love the games available on both platforms. First-party exclusive games tend to be among some of the best of any generation. I also bought a Wii U or as I like to call it, "That thing that plays Earthbound".

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

No

Im not a rabid fanboy so I always say get the console with the games you want to play. I hate Halo but I know millions love the game, but I love Sony's exclusives.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Vanick

I plan on keeping my pre-order for both consoles but that may change closer to launch.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#210  Edited By TheHBK

Its all about the games. Seriously, did we forget that? I mean, infamous, Killzone? No thanks. The only fucking games I loved on my PS3 were Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us. Can't buy a system just for that again. I got Killzone 2 along with my PS3, fucking felt ripped off. The Xbox has the games I want though, Halo, Forza and I am wondering what else you can do with that HDMI input port. I would plug in my PC into it and bam, ultimate gaming set up. I hope you can customize it. "Xbox, PC."

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

haha fuck no

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

Word. I know the Sunset Overdrive trailer didn't show any actual gameplay but it was still one of my favourite things I saw at the entirety of E3. And Remedy is Remedy. They won me over a while ago.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@greggd said:

@spaceinsomniac said:

@greggd said:

which sounds ambitious, but they have barely showed that game. like what is that game? correct me if im wrong but all they showed is a guy investigating an area while time is frozen

It's being made by Remedy, and Sam Lake is still at the helm. That's all I need to know.

@greggd said:

Word. I know the Sunset Overdrive trailer didn't show any actual gameplay but it was still one of my favourite things I saw at the entirety of E3. And Remedy is Remedy. They won me over a while ago.

True dat.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

No.

At the end of the day, Sony's going to have more exclusives on their system, especially from developers I care about such as Atlus and NIS, to say nothing of the vastly superior 1st party development. Not only that, but the PS4 is $100 cheaper, doesn't force a camera on you unless you wanna use the Move, and won't need some sci-fi internet magic to get high-quality graphics.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No. I don't really see anything on the XOne that I'm really interested in. Forza maybe. But i already barely use my 360, and even considered selling it.

crow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 crow13  Online

I haven't pre-ordered either. I'm saving/waiting/watching to see more information, though I have been leaning heavy on PS4 since their first press conference back in Feb. I think at this point Sony would have to screw up in some major unforeseeable way to sway me into buying an Xbox One at launch at this point though. I do eventually intend to buy both consoles just only one at launch.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd: more power to you if thats enough.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd: more power to you if thats enough.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#219  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

In addtion to The Cloud, every XBox One comes with a free GDDR5 keychain.

The XBox One - Now with GDDR5*

Also, no, I did not.

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skimming this thread I've noticed that defense of the X1 has been multipage TLDR material while PS4 pre-orders are reasoned with "Cheaper, no Kinect, more powerful." For some reason I don't see a Best Buy employee standing on a soapbox and evangelizing holiday shoppers.

I really think Microsoft has a disaster on their hands. Of Kin or Zune levels.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By BlatantNinja23
@mpgeist said:

I'm still sticking with PS4. I like to import Japanese games and the fact that it's cheaper still just makes more sense to me now.

The one isn't region locked

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blatantninja23: Yeah but it will not get much Japan support unless Microsoft pays for it.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have both pre-ordered through Amazon so... until Sept, I'll decide on which console I'll decide to roll with.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpgeist said:

I'm still sticking with PS4. I like to import Japanese games and the fact that it's cheaper still just makes more sense to me now.

The one isn't region locked

Assuming the PS4/XBone generation is anything like the current one, most of the quality imports will be on the Sony platform. To make matters worse, Japan isn't a huge fan of the Xbox/XBone and Microsoft doesn't seem to care enough to fix that.

Both systems may get love in the long-term, but as of right now, the PS4 definitely has the edge in Japan.

SongWriter1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL, no.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Karkarov

You should buy a console for the games really, but Xbone is just going to bring the same o same o fps garbage I was bored of years ago. I couldn't care less about Gears of War and Halo if I tried. One possibly interesting game (Titan Fall) isn't going to sell me on their crap DRM, over priced console, and forced kinect BS. Truthfully they would have to have a godlike line up of exclusives to get me to over look those things to be honest.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skimming this thread I've noticed that defense of the X1 has been multipage TLDR material while PS4 pre-orders are reasoned with "Cheaper, no Kinect, more powerful." For some reason I don't see a Best Buy employee standing on a soapbox and evangelizing holiday shoppers.

So all gamers are paranoid crazies with tinfoil hats, are kinda cheap ($500 is how much an iPad is, you won't pay that much for a game console? You probably already have a smaller version of an iPad ALREADY), and only care about the computational power of a console?

Just look at the games. The Xbone has far more interesting launch games (even launch "window") games exclusive to it. There are only a small number of exclusive launch games coming to the PS4. And one's a first-entry-in-the-franchise driving game, another is the 4th game in another franchise and also a first person shooter that's basically a military shooter with a bit of future, and, well, you get the point. The only genuinely interesting titles I can think of that are exclusive to the PS4? Infamous (looks fantastic, but I've had major issues with the previous games), and The Order, which we know almost nothing about except that it's prolly coming in 2014 or something.

The Xbox One, at least for me, has better games. And I want to play games, so that's where I'm going to go

The defense always has a more verbose response because they are so busy being told their side is dumb and because they feel the need to speak up to avoid being drowned out. And also, people are passionate. So what? I'm happy to admit I'm passionate about games and am not a paranoid delusional individual afraid of these scary new devices called "cameras" in my home. I have cameras in my home to keep me safe, to talk to friends, to capture moments, and to never be used because my phone sucks and is several years old. I'm not afraid of another camera in my life. All of the bad stuff about the Xbone at this point is gone except "it's $100 more." Which, sure, is a reason to pick the PS4 over the Xbone. But for some of us, that cost isn't going to ruin us. In fact, some of us really dig the idea of a really great voice controlled console. I think the Kinect is going to be great for the interface if they can get the tech right, and I'm okay spending $100 for silly stuff like that. Because it's cool, and feels like the future. And while I'm here being passionate and excited, you're over there feeling like the feds are going to break down your door the moment you jerk off in the same building as a Kinect. Which is obviously pretty silly. While I'm talking to my computer and ordering it around, you'll be thinking how dumb I am. But I'll be having a good time, and will probably try to run my PS4 through the HDMI in on the Xbone.

You think this is going to be a disaster because you think the world revolves around you and people just like you. Turns out, the Xbox 360 was super successful because people used it for Netflix. Not because of games. If most people used their 360 for Netflix in the last chunk of 2012, what makes you think a bunch of whining on the internet is indicative of what the sales performance will be like? Maybe early on, sure, but eventually things will even out unless the consoles turn out to be shit. And based on everything we currently know, they both sound pretty awesome. Maybe the 360 will do a little worse early on. But you know what? The PS3 did that last generation and managed to do a decent job of catching up. If the Xbox division does a little worse than the competition this generation, it won't ruin them. It'll probably just cause yet another flip and then it'll be the 360 everyone likes. Even though every internet individual is pre-programmed to hate Microsoft. Because of reasons, or something.

Anyway, the new Zoo Tycoon is an Xbone exclusive, all arguments are moot. Getting that shit.

And also the other shit because I have money, wooha. Feel free to be jealous.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@karkarov: I don't know if you heard this, but that DRM isn't there anymore and you can keep the Kinect off. Also if you hate same o same o FPS garbage you might want to think hard about pre-ordering the PS4 which is launching with Killzone, the quintessential same o same o garbage shooter of past generation.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yukoasho said:

No.

At the end of the day, Sony's going to have more exclusives on their system, especially from developers I care about such as Atlus and NIS, to say nothing of the vastly superior 1st party development. Not only that, but the PS4 is $100 cheaper, doesn't force a camera on you unless you wanna use the Move, and won't need some sci-fi internet magic to get high-quality graphics.

What makes you think that though? Why are there going to be more exclusives? Right now, the Xbone has more exclusives and quite a few more interesting ones. So far I have Forza, Quantum Break, Halo, Titanfall, Dead Rising, Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, Below, D4, Fantasia, and personally Zoo Tycoon on the Xbone exclusives I want list. On the PS4 I have.... Infamous if they streamline the controls a bit, and The Order if it turns out to be anything but terrible/ I suspect it'll be pretty awesome, but right now all I can say is I'm super stoked for the setting and atmosphere.

Not interested in Killzone because it's just another one of those and I never cared for the, but I will grant you that plenty of people are excited for it. But are people really that excited for Drive Club? It's the first one of those games, and it's a launch title on a new console. I don't think it'll be awful, but I don't think it will be a Forza or GT6 competitor.

So for launch, I'd say I've got a lot more confidence in the Xbone. And we have no idea how the rest of the generation will go. Sony traditionally does have more exclusives, but a lot of those end up being eastern style games that don't appeal outside of that region other than to a specific demographic.

I'm hopeful that the PS4 will get more awesome games exclusive to it in the future, but until that happens it's all assumptions that the PS4 will be the king of exclusives.

And seriously, it's a fucking CAMERA. There are cameras everywhere. You probably have more cameras in your home than people. I do! Even if you only count those connected to devices that are regularly (as in, any time someone is around said camera) connected to the internet. Everyone I live with has a smart phone, and I'm the only one without a tablet. Plus laptops and I have a webcam fallen somewhere behind my desk. So, why should I be afraid of the Kinect? Because it can see me in 3D? There is no reason to be any more afraid of the Kinect spying on you than any other digital camera in your home except maybe your DSLR. And even those are getting wifi and wireless SD cards and shit. I really want to know what you think makes the Kinect different because I'm honestly baffled by it. I can't understand why people are making an exception other than they are just hating it because hating on it is "cool," and that excuse is even annoying me at this point. There has to be a reason that that thing threatens you more than your cell phone, which you probably have on you more often than you'll sit in front of your kinect.

And if it's not the paranoia, what's not to love about ordering your console to do stuff via your voice? That's awesome! The only flaw is not being able to refer to your Xbox as "Xbox" or have it call you "Batman."

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not going to buy either, probably not for quite a while.

Ordering a console based on how powerful it is kind of misses the point. its designed to play games, and console games tend to be built with specific hardware in mind. If the games you don't want to play are on a given platform there is no reason to own it. Just as with the ps3, there aren't any announced games for either platform that I want to play so I have no reason to be an early adopter.

I got through this generation without playing Little Big planet, Infamous, The Last of Us, uncharted, and a handful of jrpgs. If games I like don't get announced on either of the new consoles I won't see any reason to buy those either.

So no, I'm not going to preorder an Xone, I'm not going to throw away money at something I don't need.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

You should buy a console for the games really, but Xbone is just going to bring the same o same o fps garbage I was bored of years ago. I couldn't care less about Gears of War and Halo if I tried. One possibly interesting game (Titan Fall) isn't going to sell me on their crap DRM, over priced console, and forced kinect BS. Truthfully they would have to have a godlike line up of exclusives to get me to over look those things to be honest.

You really, really need to look at the launch line up of both consoles instead of just claiming that the Xbone is nothing but shooter fest 2013. Everything from goofy action game (Lococycle) to indie Rogue-likes (Below) to new iterations of beloved tycoon based vid games (Zoo Tycoon[WOOOOOOO!]) to basically that thing rave kids do with the lights (Fantasia) to a "make your own game, man" LBP esque "Project Spark." Also a racing game, a game about Rome, some sort of TV video game show thing, whatever the fuck D4 is, a throwback fighting game, and a zombie murder simulator, complete with mankini. The Xbone launch exclusives are plenty diverse. All three of the games I can think of as being interesting on the PS4 are almost certainly all going to be shooters, assuming they don't do something weird with The Order.

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft is buying developers with exclusives, Sony is building lasting developer relations. Guess which one will pay off later in the console cycle?

Also, I won't be able to get my Japanese ass shit on the Xbox.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Karkarov

@humanity said:

@karkarov: I don't know if you heard this, but that DRM isn't there anymore and you can keep the Kinect off. Also if you hate same o same o FPS garbage you might want to think hard about pre-ordering the PS4 which is launching with Killzone, the quintessential same o same o garbage shooter of past generation.

By keep kinect off you mean it doesn't come in the box and the system comes with a 100 dollar lower price tag right? No? Then I can't say I care, even if it had been forced on I just would have taped over the thing. and sit it staring at a wall.

You really, really need to look at the launch line up of both consoles instead of just claiming that the Xbone is nothing but shooter fest 2013. Everything from goofy action game (Lococycle) to indie Rogue-likes (Below) to new iterations of beloved tycoon based vid games (Zoo Tycoon[WOOOOOOO!]) to basically that thing rave kids do with the lights (Fantasia) to a "make your own game, man" LBP esque "Project Spark." Also a racing game, a game about Rome, some sort of TV video game show thing, whatever the fuck D4 is, a throwback fighting game, and a zombie murder simulator, complete with mankini. The Xbone launch exclusives are plenty diverse. All three of the games I can think of as being interesting on the PS4 are almost certainly all going to be shooters, assuming they don't do something weird with The Order.

I couldn't care less about indie rogue likes (there are more on the pc than I could ever play), Lococycle, Tycoon games are on PC too, I couldn't give a shit less about the things kids do with lights, or little big planet and a clone of it for that matter, the only racing games I care about will be multiplatform, a game about rome could be okay maybe if there are actual you know details about it, I don't care about whatever the fuck D4 is, or throwback fighting games, and I would rather stab myself in the leg than play another zombie game. Zombie games are the only thing more over used and tired than Halo at this point.

Meanwhile deep down is apparently ps4 exclusive according to it's website. I do give a crap about that game.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By agentboolen

@houseofballoons said:

Pretty sure I'm gonna go to my local GameStop today and switch out my PS4 preorder to an X1. I currently have a PS3 since I sold my 360 last year because I didn't need two consoles. The thing is, I never really fell in love with my PS3 the way I did my 360. Bad decision.

I initially bought into the hype with the PS4, but later realized all of the innovation Microsoft is bringing to the table is actually pretty neat. Another deciding factor is the fact that I'm not really a fan of any of the PS4 launch titles, nor Sony's exclusives (sorry TLoU, but you'll always have a place in my heart). I don't think I've ever been more unexcited for a game I've preordered as I am now with Killzone 4. Titanfall had me wowed since the reveal and Forza imo is the best racing sim available. I recently popped in GT5 and couldn't bare to play it for more than five minutes; it was just so bland and unexciting.

Other than the $100 difference between the two consoles, I don't think there is too much of a reason for me to go ahead and purchase the PS4. Seriously, how much better are the graphics going to be on the PS4? With all the things Microsoft is going to implement with their cloud tech, I only see that gap closing in the near future.

Edited for typos.

Wait were suppose to be pre ordering?!

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sdharrison said:

So all gamers are paranoid crazies with tinfoil hats, are kinda cheap ($500 is how much an iPad is, you won't pay that much for a game console? You probably already have a smaller version of an iPad ALREADY), and only care about the computational power of a console?

Just look at the games. The Xbone has far more interesting launch games (even launch "window") games exclusive to it. There are only a small number of exclusive launch games coming to the PS4. And one's a first-entry-in-the-franchise driving game, another is the 4th game in another franchise and also a first person shooter that's basically a military shooter with a bit of future, and, well, you get the point. The only genuinely interesting titles I can think of that are exclusive to the PS4? Infamous (looks fantastic, but I've had major issues with the previous games), and The Order, which we know almost nothing about except that it's prolly coming in 2014 or something.

The Xbox One, at least for me, has better games. And I want to play games, so that's where I'm going to go

The defense always has a more verbose response because they are so busy being told their side is dumb and because they feel the need to speak up to avoid being drowned out. And also, people are passionate. So what? I'm happy to admit I'm passionate about games and am not a paranoid delusional individual afraid of these scary new devices called "cameras" in my home. I have cameras in my home to keep me safe, to talk to friends, to capture moments, and to never be used because my phone sucks and is several years old. I'm not afraid of another camera in my life. All of the bad stuff about the Xbone at this point is gone except "it's $100 more." Which, sure, is a reason to pick the PS4 over the Xbone. But for some of us, that cost isn't going to ruin us. In fact, some of us really dig the idea of a really great voice controlled console. I think the Kinect is going to be great for the interface if they can get the tech right, and I'm okay spending $100 for silly stuff like that. Because it's cool, and feels like the future. And while I'm here being passionate and excited, you're over there feeling like the feds are going to break down your door the moment you jerk off in the same building as a Kinect. Which is obviously pretty silly. While I'm talking to my computer and ordering it around, you'll be thinking how dumb I am. But I'll be having a good time, and will probably try to run my PS4 through the HDMI in on the Xbone.

You think this is going to be a disaster because you think the world revolves around you and people just like you. Turns out, the Xbox 360 was super successful because people used it for Netflix. Not because of games. If most people used their 360 for Netflix in the last chunk of 2012, what makes you think a bunch of whining on the internet is indicative of what the sales performance will be like? Maybe early on, sure, but eventually things will even out unless the consoles turn out to be shit. And based on everything we currently know, they both sound pretty awesome. Maybe the 360 will do a little worse early on. But you know what? The PS3 did that last generation and managed to do a decent job of catching up. If the Xbox division does a little worse than the competition this generation, it won't ruin them. It'll probably just cause yet another flip and then it'll be the 360 everyone likes. Even though every internet individual is pre-programmed to hate Microsoft. Because of reasons, or something.

Anyway, the new Zoo Tycoon is an Xbone exclusive, all arguments are moot. Getting that shit.

And also the other shit because I have money, wooha. Feel free to be jealous.

TLDR ROFL

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@jarmahead: I think that's subjective. You prefer the launch-window of the Xbox One. I prefer PS4's. I can easily afford both systems, but I'm choosing to get one at the start. Given the track record of exclusive titles on both systems, I'm more keen on Sony's system. I might not get all of those exclusives at launch, but in the meantime I can enjoy multiplatform titles on it. I could do the same on Xbox One, but the only exclusive I bothered playing on the 360 was Gears of War in co-op, so I'd personally be stuck playing multiplatform games on it without the exclusives I'd want.

Go with whatever floats your boat.

Avatar image for deadsheepinwoods
deadsheepinwoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The cloud technology is just regular ass cloud computing. They've hyped it up because they assume people have no idea what the fuck "the cloud" actually means, and you know what, they weren't wrong. Ugh.

Ugh.

Sweetie, your heart is in the right place, but I think you approached this at a bad angle.

This is what people say when they haven't taken the time to actually understand what difference the cloud will make for the Xbox One. Just regurgitate speculation you hear online, pass it off as fact, and ignore what has been officially reported by actual developers.

Turn 10- "So we can now make our AI instead of just being 20%, 10% of the box's capability, we can make it 600% of the box's capability," he went on. "Put it in the cloud and free up that 10% or 20% to make the graphics better - on a box that's already more powerful than we worked on before."

Respawn- "This is a really big deal, and it can make online games better. This is something that we are really excited about. The Xbox Live Cloud lets us to do things in Titanfall that no player-hosted multiplayer game can do. That has allowed us to push the boundaries in online multiplayer and that’s awesome. We want to try new ideas and let the player do things they’ve never been able to do before! Over time, I expect that we’ll be using these servers to do a lot more than just dedicated servers. This is something that’s going to let us drive all sorts of new ideas in online games for years to come."

Microsoft OWNS Azure, and using it as leverage to help improve their console to way above the competition in this regard is a smart move, and it WILL make a difference. Your post made me cringe of you trying too hard to seem superior.

Avatar image for deadsheepinwoods
deadsheepinwoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117 said:

At the end of the day, I want the future and I want to support the company that has consistenty brought real innovation to the console gaming landscape.

I'm perfectly fine with Sony building a powerful and great box for gaming, but they are doing nothing new or exciting in any way. Everything they have shown is just the natural progression of what Sony does. Here is the next generation Playstation which is a lot like the last one but more powerful. Oh and we also added all those features that you've been using on xbox for years.

When Microsoft pushed xbox live on the original xbox, it was ridiculed. A headset that plugs into the controller and you can talk to friends on a console level online system? People laughed and said it would never work. Including a hard drive in the first xbox was almost a waste and was used primarily by people ripping their own music to play while in games. They still pushed it.

No matter how trivial achievements seem now, it was groundbreaking. Everyone has achievements now, even steam. You can't take those things away and out your head in the sand. They created the system where your profile meant something. What did Sony do? Copy that system with their own spin and implement it in a much worse way. And not even at launch despite being a year later. I'm still a little annoyed that I don't have trophies for any of those early ps3 games. I don't really care, but it's a nice record to have.

The same thing is happening for the controller. Everyone is losing their damn minds about the ds4. Why? Because it is so much better now because they are fixing all the problems of the ds3? So they are making analog sticks that aren't convex and making triggers that aren't complete trash? They made triggers so poorly on the ds3 that all shooters were designed to work with the L1 and R1 buttons. Well guess what, Microsoft designed a much better controller with less dead zone in the sticks and great triggers. Oh my god, the ds4 now lets you plug in a headset into the controller? Am I supposed to applaud Sony for catching up to something Microsft did two generations ago?

I will be the first to admit that Sony has always had a stronger first party. That's fantastic and I enjoyed most of their first party games. That being said, the machine itself and the little things it does augment the experience and those things absolutely matter. I can't even explain how backwards it feels when I log into PSN to play the last of us and I have to go a lobby and mute everyone. That I have to wait until I get into the game to even speak to my friends. When I turn on my xbox to play with friends, the first thing I do is go into a party and we go from there. Even when people are playing different games, we are all talking and everything is that much more enjoyable. A few simple button presses and invites are sent and they are accepted just as easily. Should I applaud Sony and lose my shit because they are now adding party chat to ps4?

Not to mention the piss poor quality of Bluetooth chat. It's terrible and Sony being Sony didnt even bother to up that technology in the ps4. It's using the same 8 year old Bluetooth 2.1 edr. Xbox voice chat already sounds so much better and they are even pushing that with brand new tech that is ahead of the curve. They didnt have to use wifi direct because their old tech worked just fine. But they wanted to make the audio quality even better for a better experience. Not even going to go into what directly hooking up tablets and phones to the xbox one could mean.

I'm not saying that Microsoft is without fault. The xbox 360 suffered from poorly designed internals and never should have shipped without hard drives. Also, those battery packs were the worst rechargeable batteries I've ever used in my life. Battery packs should be replaceable but they should be included with all controllers. It's a bit insane that they aren't.

Despite those things, they are still pushing. We don't know how well this new kinect will work and we don't know what the cloud really means for gaming. The first kinect was a novelty at best and this new one is apparently much better. I don't think they would have the balls to force that thing if it didnt work properly. If I never have to pick up a controller or remote again to change channels or go to the next episode of a tv show on netflix and it actually works. If squad commands of other voice commands can be made to work in game, I think that's a potential revolution waiting to happen. It literally changes the way we interact with a device. Remember when apple launched a phone with no physical buttons?

As far as the cloud goes, they are pushing there as well. Xbox live works perfectly fine. I don't know why they are adding all these servers and allowing azure to be utilized by developers, but they are. There is potential. Just because people can't see it or refuse to see it doesn't mean it's not there. It's literally billions of dollars worth of hardware waiting to be taken advantage of. Only time will tell what will happen, but if any company has the resources in gaming to pull it off, it's Microsoft.

Microsoft if anything has proven one thing, they are willing to take huge risks. They are willing to push in directions we might not know we are headed. Xbox live is proof of that. They got a lot of backlash this time around and that forced them to give up on the digital future we are headed towards anyway. Console gamers simply aren't ready. A steam like system for consoles sounded pretty amazing to me. I don't know about anyone else but I'm not exactly accustomed to selling my used steam games at gamestop. Or lending them to friends.

I have had almost every home console since the NES and I will have these new ones at launch because this is a lifelong hobby for me. Everything they are trying to do with the xbox one might crash and burn, but at least they are trying. As long as they don't just slap me in the face with a more powerful box and features that the other guy has had for a long time, I'll continue to support them.

Very well written. This is exactly how I see it as well.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artelinarose said:

The cloud technology is just regular ass cloud computing. They've hyped it up because they assume people have no idea what the fuck "the cloud" actually means, and you know what, they weren't wrong. Ugh.

Ugh.

Sweetie, your heart is in the right place, but I think you approached this at a bad angle.

This is what people say when they haven't taken the time to actually understand what difference the cloud will make for the Xbox One. Just regurgitate speculation you hear online, pass it off as fact, and ignore what has been officially reported by actual developers.

Turn 10- "So we can now make our AI instead of just being 20%, 10% of the box's capability, we can make it 600% of the box's capability," he went on. "Put it in the cloud and free up that 10% or 20% to make the graphics better - on a box that's already more powerful than we worked on before."

Respawn- "This is a really big deal, and it can make online games better. This is something that we are really excited about. The Xbox Live Cloud lets us to do things in Titanfall that no player-hosted multiplayer game can do. That has allowed us to push the boundaries in online multiplayer and that’s awesome. We want to try new ideas and let the player do things they’ve never been able to do before! Over time, I expect that we’ll be using these servers to do a lot more than just dedicated servers. This is something that’s going to let us drive all sorts of new ideas in online games for years to come."

Microsoft OWNS Azure, and using it as leverage to help improve their console to way above the competition in this regard is a smart move, and it WILL make a difference. Your post made me cringe of you trying too hard to seem superior.

These are also first party developers for a console that currently has a HORRIBLE reputation, and this is well before it's even launched. Of course they are talking good about it.

I understand what cloud computing is. I know what it does. We've been doing it for a while. Turn 10 is using it to power their AI and Titanfall is using it to... power their AI. All of the little NPC soldiers running around have their computation cycles outsourced and then brought back. I am sure they are doing most of the dedicated server calculations cloud side as well so that it distributes all of the information amongst the players simultaneously so we won't have any of that pesky "host advantage" anymore.

600% is still a gross exaggeration(and if it's not, why are they not talking about it more? Why are they not SHOWING US WHAT IT CAN DO?) and while the cloud will make a difference, it still does not make up for the massive hardware gap between Sony and Microsoft's systems and their newfangled motion controller and ability to offload some computational cycles to offsite servers isn't going to bridge that gap as far as straight up hardware power is concerned. That 10% to 20% increase in graphical capabilities is also just going to disappear as soon as the servers go down for any reason or you lose internet for any reason, which in my mind, seems more likely than we think considering how many people are going to own an Xbox One. You really don't think that Xbox Live isn't going to crash with millions of people slamming their servers with all of this data non stop and simultaneously? Even World of Warcraft crashes, and they expect these kinds of numbers.

Thanks for trying to insult me right out of the gate, by the way.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artelinarose: Driver A.I. that is indistinguishable from a human sounds pretty much like a 600% improvement over the current model of "follows driving line no matter what" present in all racing games.

We should be optimistic about Azure if even LAUNCH games are taking advantage to this degree. Good developers will learn to use the shit out of those super computers.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Tarsier

its interesting to go through this thread and take note of the people who keep bumping the thread back to the front page.

they all have low post counts and no display pics. as if they are microsoft employees whose job is to spread bowlshit to try to sway the public opinion on the xbox one.

just a wager.

Juzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I am also unsatisfied with the PS4 launch but I am definitely not going to get an Xbone, my first 360 basically collected dust between Gears of War 1 and Halo 3 and after playing it for a week and then it red ringed, my 2nd 360 I should of never taken out of the box since there hasn't been anything I wanted to play on it. So even though I am a bit unsure whether or not to cancel my pre order and wait for some better games and hopefully a price drop and play PC/PS3 until then. But I certainly won't be buying an Xbone. The 360 was bad enough basically being a Kinect box yet now they are literally making a Kinect Box....

No Caption Provided

And just like that. The thread ends and the OP loses his job at Microsoft.

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread has such an aura of bullshit.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO!

Because I didn't pre order a ps4.. Kappa

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By MikeJFlick

Love how OP said "innovations" yet didn't mention anything, with that said, Nope, my PS4 will be coming to me in the first batch from amazon, preordered as soon as it was listed.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

Crap DRM?

@mikejflick said:

Love how OP said "innovations" yet didn't mention anything, with that said, Nope, my PS4 will be coming to me in the first batch from amazon, preordered as soon as it was listed.

The snapping is pretty cool and twitch streaming will be nice. *PS4 has Ustream* Kinect could bring some cool stuff if used right. The cloud stuff to help AI and what not is another cool new thing that can work IF the devs use it. Its all ready stated that Watch dogs will be more dynamic on the X1 because of it.

And again I state how many indies will stay exclusive to the PS4 now that the X1 changed its indie stuff.

The new community stuff to separate trolls and jerks from the community is cool.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brich said:

@artelinarose: Driver A.I. that is indistinguishable from a human sounds pretty much like a 600% improvement over the current model of "follows driving line no matter what" present in all racing games.

We should be optimistic about Azure if even LAUNCH games are taking advantage to this degree. Good developers will learn to use the shit out of those super computers.

Well sure, I don't think I've ever said that cloud computing is a BAD thing, just that I am not at all surprised or wowed by the possibilities it brings.

As far as I know, realistic driver AI indistinguishable from human players means they'll just be crashing into shit a lot more often.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#249  Edited By Sergio

@juzie said:

I am also unsatisfied with the PS4 launch but I am definitely not going to get an Xbone, my first 360 basically collected dust between Gears of War 1 and Halo 3 and after playing it for a week and then it red ringed, my 2nd 360 I should of never taken out of the box since there hasn't been anything I wanted to play on it. So even though I am a bit unsure whether or not to cancel my pre order and wait for some better games and hopefully a price drop and play PC/PS3 until then. But I certainly won't be buying an Xbone. The 360 was bad enough basically being a Kinect box yet now they are literally making a Kinect Box....

No Caption Provided

And just like that. The thread ends and the OP loses his job at Microsoft.

This is pretty much the reason why the PS4 will be my first, possibly only, system of this coming generation. People like to talk about launch exclusives, which is subjective, but given the track record of exclusives between Xbox 360 and PS3, I've enjoyed my PS3 more, and I like their first- and second-party developers more. The Xbox 360 served its purpose of playing co-op with my friend, but that won't be the case this time for us.

I can understand someone who is really into Halo picking up the Xbox One, but Halo really never appealed to me.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I've Got the Joy In My Heart

..And I'm so happy
So very happy
I've got the love of PS4 in my heart
Down in my heart
And I'm so happy