• 45 results
Avatar image for ronniecolemanmro
RonnieColeManMrO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just ordered a xbox one for titanfall because my friends are all on it but now I kinda have second thoughts only because of the unknown of it for the next 5 or so years. Was it good to get this early

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure it was good to be a early adopter. Live life with no regrets.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I usually stand by the idea that the best times you can have while gaming are with your friends, if they're all on the Xbox One then I think you've made a good choice.

I think it's a safe bet that there will be good games in the future on either platform, so you shouldn't be worried about that too much.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

720p4Lyfe

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I would have just made my friends buy a PS4. Online friends are tough, but sometimes you just have to make the cut and develop new friends on your system of choice.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422

Yeah I know what you mean, I got it early and sent it back, even though I was fully accepting on not having much to play. It seemed to me like in the immediate future of anytime soon there wouldn't be any games exclusive to the system that I was gonna care about whatsoever so it defeated having one.

If E3 comes out with some undeniable amazing games I just can't resist, maybe I'll pick one back up, but lets be honest its not gonna happen.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's making you regret it or be worried about the decision? I have one and I'm glad I do, since I'm a fan of Titanfall, BF4, and Dead Rising. I thought about going PS4 but what would I play on it? Killzone has always been lame and you couldn't pay me to play Knack. Infamous looks mildly interesting, but nothing mind-blowing, so I'll wait for their real AAA title, whatever that might be (hurry up Naughty Dog!).

eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By eXists

The "gaming media" oversold the PS4 since they always felt bad how Microsoft came out of nowhere and dominated the previous gen, MS was also over-confident with the One which hurt them a bit. Both systems are incredibly similar except for a few exceptions. By far, the most significant exception is Titanfall so guess what? You picked right!

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eXists Can we be friends? I think that's the most succinct summation of the situation I've seen yet.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exists said:

The "gaming media" oversold the PS4 since they always felt bad how Microsoft came out of nowhere and dominated the previous gen

...what?

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rafaelfc

@exists said:

The "gaming media" oversold the PS4 since they always felt bad how Microsoft came out of nowhere and dominated the previous gen

...what?

I'm not saying it was aliens...

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There isn't much uncertainty about the next five years. They will be great.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Honestly, if you bought an Xbox One for one game your friends are playing, you probably should have waited. If you are looking forward to playing the next Halo, the next Gears of War, and Sunset Overdrive, then I think you'll be fine.

@exists said:

...what?

Yea, that is a pretty ridiculous statement. If anything has been "oversold" it's this whole "Xbox can control my TV" spiel Xbox fanboys try to sell others. Pick the console for the games you think you'll enjoy playing most. Unless you're in a clan, don't worry about what console your friends are playing multiplayer games on, you'll still enjoy multiplayer games without them if that is your thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-649f07b15d7b8
deactivated-649f07b15d7b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio said:

If anything has been "oversold" it's this whole "Xbox can control my TV" spiel Xbox fanboys try to sell others.

And it doesn't even do that even remotely well.

"Xbox On..... Xbox On..... XBOX. ONNN....." *walks over and presses the power button while muttering profanities and regret.*

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you like Forza, Gears of War and/or Halo? If the answer to that is yes then go on in confidence with your decision because those are the only real certainties we can talk about when thinking of 'the next 5 years' with the XB1, every thing else is TBA. If you're into those games then I think you're kind've lucky, at least you know what to expect. With the PS4 (which I hope to get soon) I have no idea what to expect in the next few years. Gran Turismo and Uncharted? Maybe another-nother shot at revitalising the God of War series? Something from David Cage. E3 shall be fun.

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New launches are always slow. Give it some time. The games will come. We still have watch dogs, dying light, destiny, XBL Indie games, etc...

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

dude, have fun.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

It will be fine, the games will come. Enjoy TitanFall

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Think about it this way: you can get it now or in a few years for half the price

You can also get a game now, or in a few years for 1/10 the price

That doesn't stop anyone from buying new games

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By Sergio

@caesius6 said:

@sergio said:

Honestly, if you bought an Xbox One for one game your friends are playing, you probably should have waited. If you are looking forward to playing the next Halo, the next Gears of War, and Sunset Overdrive, then I think you'll be fine.

@cloudymusic said:

@exists said:

...what?

Yea, that is a pretty ridiculous statement. If anything has been "oversold" it's this whole "Xbox can control my TV" spiel Xbox fanboys try to sell others. Pick the console for the games you think you'll enjoy playing most. Unless you're in a clan, don't worry about what console your friends are playing multiplayer games on, you'll still enjoy multiplayer games without them if that is your thing.

Getting kind of old people saying "the next gears, and the next halo" when it comes to the Xbox. Those are huge titles with mass appeal, yes, but it's not the only thing the system has to offer, nor will it be over the next five years. It's like if someone said "If you're looking forward to playing the next Killzone and God of War then go Playstation." It's just seems like a backhanded compliment.

And that's not a ridiculous statement. The Xbox can control your TV, have you had the chance to own one and have it interact with your set up? It's not being oversold, it's a great addition to the device that is supposed to be the center of your entertainment center.

In regards to your last statement, that doesn't jive with everyone. There are many who enjoy multiplayer just with their friends, regardless of them being in clan or not. If someone's friends all play on a certain console and they want to play multiplayer games with them, then that's one of many solid reasons to lean towards that console. Oftentimes the experience is wildly different playing with strangers than with friends.

Considering the major difference when it comes to games are the noted exclusive franchises, I'd say that it is important to know whether a person would like the next Gears, next Halo, next Forza, etc. as well as any other exclusives. I'd ask the same thing if the person was interested in the PS4 and didn't care how multiplatform titles perform.

It is a ridiculous statement, especially when it comes to comparing it to the PS4 as some major selling point. I get a good laugh when some point to this as a reason to call it a PS3.5.

I do most of my TV watching from a DVR, which is more of a center of my entertainment center than any gaming console could hope to be. I can't say, "Xbox watch the episode of the Daily Show from Tuesday" on a Thursday. It is pretty much useless in terms of my TV viewing outside of turning the TV on or off and turning the volume up or down. I'm not alone here. I'd be more inclined to agree with you if they had included a slot for a TV tuner card, a more robust system like the kind I'm seeing in some cable boxes and smart TVs, and a dedicated hard drive for recording TV programs. My current on-screen cable guide is perfectly fine without needing Xbox to display its own overlay.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caesius6 said:

@drewmaw said:

@sergio said:

If anything has been "oversold" it's this whole "Xbox can control my TV" spiel Xbox fanboys try to sell others.

And it doesn't even do that even remotely well.

"Xbox On..... Xbox On..... XBOX. ONNN....." *walks over and presses the power button while muttering profanities and regret.*

Actually, it does work pretty well. Between myself and people I know personally there has been no problem with that command. Sorry you can't get it to work? For those that take the time to figure out how it works, it's super useful. If it's easier for you to press the power button, then by all means do it, and enjoy some of the other benefits it offers.

Who are you?

It works pretty well for me, most commands work 90% time on the first try. In canada we don't get any of the cable box voice command which I hear don't work well at all. Since I only watch a few channels (mostly sports) Xbox one ability to turn on/off tv with voice has been super convenient . Waking up sunday morning mad hungover and yelling at my xbox to turn on the tv to watch some football and not leaving the bed to find the remote was kind of special.

The mute/unmute and record that has been very reliable for me and I have used them a lot.

I do worry about Xbox One in 2-3 years from now, I really hope 3rd party games don't suck on it by then (might invest in gaming PC by then to have a backup plan). If sony announces some awesome exclusives (interested in second son but its not a system seller for me) for ps4, might have to end up switching over.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@sergio said:

@caesius6 said:

@sergio said:

@cloudymusic said:

@exists said:

...what?

Getting kind of old people saying "the next gears, and the next halo" when it comes to the Xbox. Those are huge titles with mass appeal, yes, but it's not the only thing the system has to offer, nor will it be over the next five years. It's like if someone said "If you're looking forward to playing the next Killzone and God of War then go Playstation." It's just seems like a backhanded compliment.

And that's not a ridiculous statement. The Xbox can control your TV, have you had the chance to own one and have it interact with your set up? It's not being oversold, it's a great addition to the device that is supposed to be the center of your entertainment center.

In regards to your last statement, that doesn't jive with everyone. There are many who enjoy multiplayer just with their friends, regardless of them being in clan or not. If someone's friends all play on a certain console and they want to play multiplayer games with them, then that's one of many solid reasons to lean towards that console. Oftentimes the experience is wildly different playing with strangers than with friends.

Considering the major difference when it comes to games are the noted exclusive franchises, I'd say that it is important to know whether a person would like the next Gears, next Halo, next Forza, etc. as well as any other exclusives. I'd ask the same thing if the person was interested in the PS4 and didn't care how multiplatform titles perform.

It is a ridiculous statement, especially when it comes to comparing it to the PS4 as some major selling point. I get a good laugh when some point to this as a reason to call it a PS3.5.

I do most of my TV watching from a DVR, which is more of a center of my entertainment center than any gaming console could hope to be. I can't say, "Xbox watch the episode of the Daily Show from Tuesday" on a Thursday. It is pretty much useless in terms of my TV viewing outside of turning the TV on or off and turning the volume up or down. I'm not alone here. I'd be more inclined to agree with you if they had included a slot for a TV tuner card, a more robust system like the kind I'm seeing in some cable boxes and smart TVs, and a dedicated hard drive for recording TV programs. My current on-screen cable guide is perfectly fine without needing Xbox to display its own overlay.

Did you know that 85% of forum posters who say "I get a good laugh when" are actually lying?

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connerthekewlkid: Did you know that 100% of people who finish reading this post will immediately regret it and hate me?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Loading Video...

Nah, you'll be fine. I bought both consoles, and Halo 2 Anniversary is still my most anticipated this year. This year should be a Blast™. :)

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psylah said:

@connerthekewlkid: Did you know that 100% of people who finish reading this post will immediately regret it and hate me?

Did you also know that 100% of people who read this didn't know that this sentence would be cut o-

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

@marcsman said:

Sure it was good to be a early adopter. Live life with no regrets.

This man. You are there for all the memories that come with those first big titles and seeing how the system changes. I don't think my appreciation for the Xbox 360 would be what it is if I had waited a couple years to get it. I remember those days of waiting eagerly for a demo or that new title like Oblivion. People make a big deal about how the PS4 is beating it in sales but if the PS4 was not out, the Xbox One would be claiming the crown of fastest selling system ever. I don't have any fears about its life for the next 5 years. Also, the open beta for Project Spark just started, get on that!

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caesius6 said:

@sergio said:

@cloudymusic said:

@exists said:

...what?

Considering how those are the xbox exclusive games i think it does justify them being named. Also MS is unproven to release many new IP, so who knows how that will turn out.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

It will be fine, the games will come. Enjoy TitanFall

This too... You did it, but on teh bright side Titanfall looks fun. You plunged so unless you really think you made a huge mistake I would just go with it.

thefriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your friends like dumping 500 + 60 dollars for one game? They don't all have decent PCs? That's tragic. Origin aside, I'm having a great time on the PC version.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buying a console early is an act of faith. Either way, we're all taking risks.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always have second thoughts if I buy something that costs that much money, it's just a normal reaction friend.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37  Edited By s10129107

Whatever platform your friends are on is the platform to get honestly. Personally if I were to decide between the 2 i'd choose the PS4 but if my friends got the XBOX i would get that. Luckily my friends are on the PC.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By viking_funeral

Who knows? You're likely going to be able to play a majority of the multi-plat releases this gen. Plus, if you're friends are on there, you'll at least have someone to play with. Either way, you're invested. Might as well enjoy what you have.

Many people own multiple consoles, and if you feel like there are PS4 games that you really want down the line, get a PS4 after the first discount. You can play a lot of games for much cheaper if you're a patient gamer.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ronniecolemanmro: I bought Titanfall for both PC and Xbone, honestly the xbone is a decent console doesn't deserve the shit some people is giving it, after the march update parties, friends and achievements are good again.

The only mayor difference for me between PC and Xbone version is the 90 FOV on PC, which I prefer. I just don't like horse view angles... said so I just reached my 3rd gen on the xbone because I mostly play with my friends there, so there is that. Titanfall is a lot of fun with friends.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#40 chaser324  Moderator

Buying just about any console at launch is going to be accompanied with some element of regret and doubt when you realize how little there currently is to play. It's a natural reaction.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I dunno...I built a new PC and bought both new consoles in November. I don't regret any of them, though I've barely touched my PS4.

The Xbox has Killer Instinct which is a really cool fighter. I really dig Ryse (which surprised me, I expected mediocrity with a side of eye-candy). Dead Rising 3 is great when paired with co-op with a friend and Upload Studio.

Titanfall...I'm not sold on it having legs, but GODDAMN if it isn't crazy fun in the short-term.

PS4 is picking-up steam with Ground Zeroes and Infamous this week, so that's a cool start (Resogun aside, the PS4 exclusive line-up has been just bad, IMO).

Honestly, if you're prone to naval gazing and regret, the PC is the way to go; great quality software, innovation you won't find on the consoles, and amazing sales. I've found reasons to love my PC and Xbox and suspect I'll sweeten on Sony's console this week. Now Nintendo just needs to win me over...maybe Bayonetta 2.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

@shadow said:

Think about it this way: you can get it now or in a few years for half the price

You can also get a game now, or in a few years for 1/10 the price

That doesn't stop anyone from buying new games

When people say stuff like this, I wonder why they buy new games at all. If you care enough about the price to be buying MW3 now, how can you justify paying anything at all for it?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psylah said:

Did you also know that 100% of people who read this didn't know that this sentence would be cut o-

Loading Video...

SOLO323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ps4 is better titanfall is nothing special plus ps4 will get titanfall 2

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By xyzygy

I think that you're probably having those feelings because it's so early into the console's cycle. There aren't many games out for either console yet but the X1 is definitely going to be getting some great games, in fact I am choosing X1 over PS4 first because I think the currently announced library is a little stronger. And when the console is finally released globally we will see more varied games come in.

For me, FFXV is my most anticipated game and the fact that it's on X1 and that I prefer the UI over the PS4s is whats making me choose it. It also seems to have to more unique games, like Sunset Overdrive, and the slew of ID@Xbox games that were just announced is really great.

I would just say though, don't regret it because it's too early for that.

@solo323 So you call Titanfall nothing special then give PS4 points for having Titanfall 2... ? Also, X1 will have Titanfall 2 as well so your entire point is completely moot.

SOLO323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to me titanfall is nothing special just letting him know ps4 will get titanfall 2 plus all those games u talk about u haven't even played them so how do u know they're gonna be great

grabbizle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The criteria I follow is as such:

If you want JRPGs: PS4

If you want cinematic games and "Gain the lead!": Xbox One

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

"Titanfall is fucking lame, and anyway PS4 will have Titanfall 2!"

what?....That has got to be the dumbest statement I've read on a video game forum in a long time...

here's a partial list of games coming in the next 5 years OP:

-Trials Fusion --April 15
-Child of Light --April 30
-Wolfenstein: The New Order --May 20
-Watch_Dogs --May 27
-Destiny --Sep. 9

-Dragon Age Inquisition
-Dying Light
-Halo 5
-Hitman 6
-The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
-Tom Clancy's The Division
-Assassin's Creed Unity

You're good with whatever console you chose.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ronniecolemanmro:

I have a PS4, so I can't really say I'm in your situation, but let me help you out a bit. Yes, you made a great choice. There are several great games on the X-Box One. Battlefield 4, Ground Zeroes, Ryse: Son of Rome, Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5, ACIV Black Flag, Fighter Within, Thief, Fifa 14, Need For Speed: Rivals, Plants vs Zombies GW, COD Ghosts, LEGO Marvel Superheroes, Madden NFL 25, NBA Live 14, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Rayman Legends and NBA 2K14. Those are a handful of games you can pick from.

Also, you've got The Phantom Pain, Assassin's Creed Unity, Watch Dogs, The Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight, Destiny, TESO, Tom Clancy's The Division, Quantum Break, Fable Legends, Dragon Age Inquistion, Kingdom Hearts 3, The Evil Within, TASM 2, Final Fantasy XV, Mad Max and Mirror's Edge 2 coming up soon. Dude, you made the right choice. Don't think otherwise.