Games to get

Stilblad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

With the lineup of games that have been announced so far for the Xbox One I think I have been convinced to go in and buy an Xbox One. The question I have for you guys is whether I should buy one now or wait until the fall when more new games are released. Are there enough good games out for it that it would be worth it to make the purchase now?

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By IIGrayFoxII

Well as far as Xbox One (console) exclusives go - you got Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall. The price will remain the same regardless (you might get a bundle if you wait), so based on those titles, if they interest you, go for it, but if not, waiting couldn't hurt (though you miss out on Games with Gold promotions if you care).

Also there is Watch_Dogs if that interests you.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@stilblad said:

...Are there enough good games out for it that it would be worth it to make the purchase now?

I think if you ever have to ask that question about a platform, then the answer is no.

Stilblad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: The main reason I ask this is because I kinda stopped paying attention to next gen systems after they both launched as incomplete products but now it kinda looks like they are both starting to build up some momentum and get some good games coming in the near future.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I own Forza 5, AC: Black Flag, COD: Ghosts, Trials Fusion, and Watch_Dogs. I've enjoyed them all for varying reasons. Games like FIFA, Dead Rising, Killer Instinct, and Titanfall seem to be pretty well-liked if you're into those kind of games as well, and Titanfall is a freebie now. That's certainly enough gaming options to hold most over until the Fall when the Master Chief Collection, Forza Horizon 2, GTA V, etc. drop. The only thing I'd be considering if I were in your shoes would be some potentially good holiday bundles where you could probably find an extra game/controller, and I'd weigh that against missing out on Games with Gold promos in the meantime. I'm half-expecting Ryse to be the next freebie, which I'd be on board with because that's the kind of game I'd like to play, but not the kind of game I'd pay much for.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Personally, I'd say wait until this fall, but if you did buy one now then i would recommend Killer Instinct, Dead Rising, Titanfall, Trials, Watch Dogs, and Forza 5. I spent like 15 minutes with the Project Spark beta a day or two ago and I'm going to try and get in some more time with it, but I really liked what I played so far. It's definitely Microsoft's take on the whole Minecraft, LBP, etc craze, but it's also very different from all those other games and I think it will be able to hold it's own very well. I believe the word on the street is that they're going to run the beta up until the release of the full game so this is also something worth checking out if you can.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By EXTomar

@stilblad said:

@mb: The main reason I ask this is because I kinda stopped paying attention to next gen systems after they both launched as incomplete products but now it kinda looks like they are both starting to build up some momentum and get some good games coming in the near future.

If you really believe that then the answer is still "no". Wait till either/both "...build up some momentum and get some good games coming in the near future..." and then go buy it.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@mb: That is silly. Why does everyone assume everyone else knows everything about video games, and the ones that are coming out? Maybe he's stayed out of touch and wants some experienced help with making a big choice. Just browsing a gallery of the video games is both not enough, and time consuming. Having people respond with their experiences is a lot more useful and productive.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

If you have been convinced to buy one this fall then I would go ahead and buy one now. I don't think there will be a price drop for awhile so it is a good time.

You could run thru the existing games over the summer (not a lot coming out so it would be a good time) then when the MC collection comes out you can quit your job and board up your room and play the halos.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By csl316

Did they ever update Crimson Dragon to be a bit less.... microtransactiony?

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is zero reason to buy any next gen console until atleast mid to late 2015.by then there will be enough games too jump in,well atleast for ps4 anyway.xbox one only really has sunset overdrive and maybe crackdown,so not that many games.ps4 will have atleast 3 to 4 games.so basically no point in getting a new console yet,and even by the end of 2015 they still might not be worth it yet.ps4 will have more games one way or the other though.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It depends tc on what games and genres you like. Best exclusively on X1: Forza 5 is a fantastic racing sim, DR3 is a super fun co-op game, and Titanfall is a very good competitive mp w/some original hooks that differentiate it from the standard mp faire. Powerstar is also a very good arcade golf game. There will be more games very soon, Destiny in Sept. specifically on both consoles, but many good looking games aren't out 'till next year. Diablo 3 launches on both consoles in August btw, if you'd like a great co-op arpg loot game.

Nhoj_Sllew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd recommend titanfall and dead rising 3. ryse is good too but kinda short unless you get into the multiplayer, really pretty tho

Avatar image for lowestformofwit
lowestformofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Dead Rising 3 was why I bought the system, and it's great. The most 'finished' of the launch games on any of the next-gen systems.

Titanfall is pretty good too.

However there is a drought of games at the moment until August. I'd probably wait if I were you.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

I think I saw a few games already get discounts, Ryse for example I think dropped down by $10... I'ma go check. I know there was a great deal on Tomb Raider (it was like 50% off or something decent like that) but I'd already played it a few times through on the PC so it was one of those greedy purchases that basically had me staring at the xbox store page for it multiple times and the later it was in the night the more closely I was to jumped at buying it again... thankfully I didn't, I prolly can't afford to buy games over and over again just cause I want something to play on my new shiny thing.

Ryse is in fact $10 cheaper right now, seems to be a weird discount (original price is strikethrough but there isn't any indication it will go up again). Most other games are still full price though sadly... even my beloved and once cheap tomb raider is back up to the insane full price it shouldn't be at right now :(

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I purchased my Xbox One two weeks ago and I am loving it. I own Dead Rising 3, Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag and Halo Spartan Assault. Out of all of those games that I own, I play Dead Rising 3 the most.