AnalogVinyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By AnalogVinyl

@mrfluke said:

@davidwitten22: the big sticking point with people is those nasty policies, if they change that or make that super flexible, then they have a fighting chance, but i agree though they cant come off and change things so quickly as they will come off weak

That is just one issue for me.

The once a day check-in, once an hour if not at home console is an issue. I only plug in the internet cord on my 360 when I want to, mostly keeping it unplugged for weeks on end. I know for a lot of people its not a big thing to be online, but I like having that choice. Also, I don't want interruptions while trying to immerse myself in a game. I don't want my friends IMing me while I am totally immersed in a 1 player game, completely taking me out of the moment.

as well as the having to have the kinect even though nobody really uses it (maybe 5% if most) to play games. also, even though I am not paranoid, I don't want MS using my analytics like Google for "focused advertising" or whatever they call it. Also, how much energy will that use, being always on? How big is the power brick on this monster? Is it gonna act like a space heater?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mrfluke said:

@davidwitten22: the big sticking point with people is those nasty policies, if they change that or make that super flexible, then they have a fighting chance, but i agree though they cant come off and change things so quickly as they will come off weak

That is just one issue for me.

The once a day check-in, once an hour if not at home console is an issue. I only plug in the internet cord on my 360 when I want to, mostly keeping it unplugged for weeks on end. I know for a lot of people its not a big thing to be online, but I like having that choice. Also, I don't want interruptions while trying to immerse myself in a game. I don't want my friends IMing me while I am totally immersed in a 1 player game, completely taking me out of the moment.

as well as the having to have the kinect even though nobody really uses it (maybe 5% if most) to play games. also, even though I am not paranoid, I don't want MS using my analytics like Google for "focused advertising" or whatever they call it. Also, how much energy will that use, being always on? How big is the power brick on this monster? Is it gonna act like a space heater?

and apparently they have another set of rules to announce at gamescon

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@mrfluke: Whatever helps you sleep better at night dood.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like a bunch of PR-spun bullshit to me.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By toowalrus

Man, did they really have to transcribe every stutter and every time he said "uh?" Most of us do this, but rarely does it make it into the interview stories.

I get that it's fun to go out of our way to make Microsoft look like idiots at the moment, but it's getting to be a little much.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact is rich parents are still going to buy the system for their kids and not do any consumer research into this DRM shit because we are the only people who care enough to actually keep up with the press on it.

The Xbone will still be a success regardless of any negative press or Skynet-like features.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By mrfluke

@humanity: same to you? really dont get the passive agression assholeness . but whatevs

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@mrfluke: about the more bad news at gamescon

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By mrfluke

@the_laughing_man: oh, jeff said i either i believe on the day 1 E3 podcast or the wrapup of the gamespot e3 coverage that he's heard that microsoft has more news to announce at gamescon thats most likely gonna piss off more people.

but considering how severe the backlash has gotten and people are actually voting with their dollars. they could change their policies, who knows

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@chibithor: didn't most people think it was joke? And how would Jeff know?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By mrfluke
AnalogVinyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

and apparently they have another set of rules to announce at gamescon.

I hope you are right and they revise and clarify their rules/features. Especially clarifying what they put in place will go a long way to ease the tension. It will hopefully show people the awful PR job they did was overblown. Still the damage is done and it shows how bad some of the MS guys are at the PR game.

Even so, I am not interested because of my own personal reasons as already stated.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By AlexGlass
@aiurflux said:

The whole "did you see the games on stage during our briefing? Did you see the exclusives?" line bugs me. It seems like Larry thinks that we're stupid and he can dangle a shiny object or a ball of string in front of us and that will appease us. No matter how much you shine and polish a turd it's still a turd. If they changed their policies then it wouldn't be that bad, but they won't.

I'm still more bothered by their attitude though. Don Mattrick especially. If you're a soldier their option is the 360. Unbelievable. The arbitrary restrictions are bad, but saying something like that is liable to get you punched in the face for being an overly smug sack of shit.

Why is it a "turd?" That's your opinion. I buy consoles for games. And even if I bought it for hardware, it still seems the X1 has some advantages of its own.

What did you expect a PR person to say? Buy a PS4? He's saying stick with the 360 until you can get online, which is what they hope most people will do. They will keep offering 360 support for those that don't buy consoles day 1, and hope they can convert them straight to Xbox One. Now obviously that's a pipe dream, because some people that don't have broadband will still jump ship, but I'm not sure what people expect salespeople who are trying to sell their product say.

It's not like he doesn't see it like gamers on a forum see it. But they're not going to say what we say. You expect pure honesty from a salesman? Why? Their job is to sell their own products. Not the competitor's product.

*A bit confused with quoting on here.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@pezen said:

@humanity said:

You must realize the people who only buy a CoD and a Madden title each year aren't that into gaming to know or care about any of this DRM stuff. Once they find out they won't care either.

I think that's a rather big leap of assumption. I have a coworker that play Call of Duty for 95% of his gaming time, the rest he spends trying out other first person shooters (Borderlands, Far Cry, etc.) but it's pretty much all about CoD. His friend's list is filled with CoD players (some who regularly posts to YouTube, you know the type). He and I had a conversation about this whole thing and he's considering going PS4 based on this whole DRM/24 hour check-in nonsense. And according to him, a majority of his friends list is looking that way too. And much like you make an assumption, all I can offer in return is hearsay. But it's a thing I've been saying for a long time, people underestimate this block of players as some mindless mass of idiots. Plenty of them might be narrow in their game-taste, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are mindless consumers.

I've actually had a similar experience with a co-worker that made me rethink my position that most people don't care about used games. He plays Battlefield and Call of Duty and thats it but he was still saying things like "Man no used games is fucked up" so now I'm getting a bit worried that Microsoft might be farther behind than they think.

Of course it might do the company good to get knocked on its ass at launch because then they might change their policies.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By marc

too bad there is no numbers showing how many ps4s and xbones are pre ordered as a whole

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

@iburningstar: Doomsaying is a waste of time, and it seems like you're writing a case study for a Marketing class, rather than presenting a historically accurate and empirical look at consumer behaviour. People fucking forget their outrage unless they are personally burned and badly. Even then, how many people have owned "five 360s" instead of giving up after the first one red ringed? Video game and technology consumerism defies all logic. How many clothing or car brands do you rebuy if they keep falling apart when you use them?

How many people thought that the beef markets of the world would collapse after confirmed cases of mad cow? Five Guys' still doing fine. Japan still imports Canadian beef. Gamers aren't going to give up their games either. Xbox One will do totally fine because eventually everything becomes the New Normal, and if overhauls to Windows can't kill Microsoft, Xbox certainly won't.

Sony lost personal data of over 77 million PSN customers to hackers in 2011. I promise you that "the internet made up its mind" then too. I for one, cancelled my linked credit card and only use points cards or Paypal even now. There are PS3 consumers who swore blind for 7 years they DO NOT PAY for online multiplayer. Will ALL of those people now move exclusively to the Wii U or PC? Hell goddamn no, they're probably paying for PSN+ already. No change to their personal status quo. Why get upset about things in principle? ;)

People want what they want when they want it, no matter how much fun it is to get all angry about it. <Call of Duty Boycott group.jpg>

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marc: ign says for every 2 X1 tere are 3 Ps4

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@mrfluke said:

@the_laughing_man: oh, jeff said i either i believe on the day 1 E3 podcast or the wrapup of the gamespot e3 coverage that he's heard that microsoft has more news to announce at gamescon thats most likely gonna piss off more people.

but considering how severe the backlash has gotten and people are actually voting with their dollars. they could change their policies, who knows

Both consoles are sold out. So if people are voting against The One with their dollars, they're doing a really bad job at it.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

Both consoles are sold out. So if people are voting against The One with their dollars, they're doing a really bad job at it.

no matter how small or big the lead is, the ps4 is still ahead of the xbox one in terms of preorders.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By IBurningStar

@mrfluke said:

I think we also need to take into consideration that there could be people who are buying these consoles with plans to resell them at a higher cost on eBay. People have made a good bit doing this with past console launches.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@iburningstar: @mrfluke: That's only because Sony is specifically allowing for more preorders & yes I remember that all too well. Had to wait 6 months to get my launch preorder 360 due to the demand last time.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granderojo said:

@mrfluke said:

I think we also need to take into consideration that there could be people who are buying these consoles with plans to resell them at a higher cost on eBay. People have made a good bit doing this with past console launches.

i think thats definitely something to consider especially when there is some very slight cosmetic differences with the day one edition of the xbox one

• The Day One console includes a commemorative controller, token code to unlock an exclusive Day One achievement, and premium packaging at no additional cost

collectors do get drawn to these kind of things.

and at least according to amazon, both consoles are not sold out you can still preorder both. the launch day edition of the ps4 is sold out though

(only difference that your guaranteed one on launch day with the launch day edition ps4. no cosmetic differences)

AnalogVinyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iburningstar: ironically, at the post office my postman brought up pre-ordering the consoles solely for selling them on ebay, I was tempted to ask for the manager and then ask the manager if he had some sort of mental issue and valued his job. Telling people how to do shady activities is not something to talk to customers about.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#77  Edited By frankxiv

@humanity said:

@mrfluke said:

also its funny how they are touting titanfall, when Vince Zampella has been coy on twitter with the titanfall IP being solely xbox one exclusive,

It's going to be exclusive for at least a year, and that will be enough. Tons of people love Halo and they love Call of Duty. If only one console will give them a new Halo and a new futuristic Call of Duty then they just might bite. You must realize the people who only buy a CoD and a Madden title each year aren't that into gaming to know or care about any of this DRM stuff. Once they find out they won't care either.

i would guess that the people who love call of duty don't know the story behind the forming of respawn entertainment, or give a shit about titanfall really, as long as infinity ward is putting out a new call of duty on both new consoles, it's just some other shooter in a weird setting that's not call of duty.

my sample size is miniature though, just my brother and his friends, who are basically who you're talking about here (though they don't like halo or madden, it's cod & gta only pretty much. and bomberman on xbla.). i haven't asked about the drm thing, i feel like i'd have to wait for one of them to ask, because any way i'd frame it would seem kind of loaded/pushing them to ps4.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78  Edited By MetalGearSunny

W-we....we have games? Didn't you see them!? And people will LOVE us! Really!

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Maybe Microsoft is shorting their own stock, they make Xbone flop & then make money off the stock crash?

Anyhow, looks like I'll be happily playing Titanfall on the PC, probably through a Steam purchase. :-)

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lind_l_taylor said:

Maybe Microsoft is shorting their own stock, they make Xbone flop & then make money off the stock crash?

Anyhow, looks like I'll be happily playing Titanfall on the PC, probably through a Steam purchase. :-)

Actually, since it's published by EA chances are it won't be on Steam.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By mrfluke

@lind_l_taylor said:

yep, thats definitely going to be tied to origin.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lind_l_taylor said:

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By mrfluke

@lind_l_taylor said:

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By JazGalaxy

Personally, I think the real test of Microsoft's decision isn't going to be the mind of gamers, it's going to be the mind of publishers.

The real X factor here that gamers don't seem to get, is that if MS makes an argument that publishers will make more money selling games on Xbox, publishers are going to support xbox. Either exclusively, or with exclusive content.

The heart of this debate, in reality, is whether all gamers matter to publishers. Microsoft is planting it's stake extremely hard in the catagory of "no". 15 year old kids out in the middle of Nowhere Mississippi who only buy 5 games a year and they are all used do not matter to them. The question is, does that make financial sense or not? The answer may surprise us.

RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

hahahahaha "Have you seen TITANFALL!? have you gone through Titanfall yet? enough said!" hahaha

I may have added the punctuation, but maybe he should tone it down....A FPS in which you enter a larger FPSer mode isn't necessarily set in stone to be the next CoD.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These links you keep posting don't really say anything and definitely do not prove that Sony has a big lead. If anything it shows that both systems are super popular.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft has done a very poor job at controlling their message and at expressing it to people. They pretty much deserve every bit of negativity they are gettinbn at the moment, no matter if it is misinformed or not, because they aren't doing anything to put out the fires. If anything they've just stoked them. I have heard some other people from inside the industry present MS stance much better and much clearer and it gave me a better understanding of the companies actual vision. Contrary to popular belief they aren't doing everything just so they can have all of the money in the world. That is part of it, but not all of it. However, it doesn't matter what anyone else says, because they aren't Microsoft. They aren't the ones who need to get a grasp on and control the message. MS needs to do something and they need to do it fast. This is only going to snowball and it is only going to get worse. Eventually it will be ingrained in everyone's minds and it will be accepted fact that the XBone is an evil piece of shit. Once the debacle gets big enough, the main stream press will start casually covering it and then people who don't really follow this stuff closely will get this same message.

I worry that Microsoft is completely fucked no matter what they do. If they stand their ground, they are fucked. The PR department is incapable of not making them seem like an army of Satan assholes. If they change their minds on their policies, they most likely won't be able to control that message either. The internet has made up its mind and it will view anything with the most cynical of eyes. "They caved in. They lost. They admitted to being dumb and having a bad idea. Obviously Sony was right all along. Why would you back a stupid loser?" Or there is this argument, "The changed their minds, so obviously they aren't too dedicated to their ideas or policies. How do we know they won't change again and go back to what they said originally? How can we trust them to not betray us when they have already shown so much contempt for us and our rights as consumers?"

How has anyone been betrayed? All they need to do to fix the situation is release good games and ensure that their DRM works at release. The only thing that is going to sink them is if they have major problems at release and people are unable to play the games they bought. If everything is smooth and the games are great people wont care.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#88  Edited By hollitz

They'll get what they can out of early adopters and then make changes. They won't reference the PS4 as the motivating factor. They'll say it's an internal policy review or something.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These links you keep posting don't really say anything and definitely do not prove that Sony has a big lead. If anything it shows that both systems are super popular.

i shouldnt have said "big lead"

its still a lead regardless, the launch day edition of the ps4 is sold out. but whether that translates to big or small lead who knows.

but looking at it from a netural stance, you are right though, that it does show that these 2 consoles are very popular

(but the newly converted sony fanboy in me wishes that they fully crushed microsoft though :P),

ultimately though, it makes me very happy to see that people still care about consoles overall though,

i do wonder how the markets for these 2 systems will look though, thats the more interesting speculation imo as fanboy wars aside, these consoles will find their audiences,

if the majority % of users of the xbone will be using it for TV and entertainment uses and just buy like 3 full retail games a year,

while the majority of % users on the ps4 will be where people buy the games and the downloadable small games.

kind of similar to the android and iphone markets where yes the android market is much bigger than the iphone one, but the iphone users buy more apps in that store vs the android one where people just use the features of that OS and dont shop as much as the iphone market (couple of sites had these stats, wish i could remember the links)

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I'm not sure that Microsoft could actually remove the 24hr check ins without also removing their family sharing plan as well, as I've heard that the check ins are a tradeoff for being able to share your games and what not. They may not be able to remove one without the other.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mrfluke

@iburningstar said:

Microsoft has done a very poor job at controlling their message and at expressing it to people. They pretty much deserve every bit of negativity they are gettinbn at the moment, no matter if it is misinformed or not, because they aren't doing anything to put out the fires. If anything they've just stoked them. I have heard some other people from inside the industry present MS stance much better and much clearer and it gave me a better understanding of the companies actual vision. Contrary to popular belief they aren't doing everything just so they can have all of the money in the world. That is part of it, but not all of it. However, it doesn't matter what anyone else says, because they aren't Microsoft. They aren't the ones who need to get a grasp on and control the message. MS needs to do something and they need to do it fast. This is only going to snowball and it is only going to get worse. Eventually it will be ingrained in everyone's minds and it will be accepted fact that the XBone is an evil piece of shit. Once the debacle gets big enough, the main stream press will start casually covering it and then people who don't really follow this stuff closely will get this same message.

I worry that Microsoft is completely fucked no matter what they do. If they stand their ground, they are fucked. The PR department is incapable of not making them seem like an army of Satan assholes. If they change their minds on their policies, they most likely won't be able to control that message either. The internet has made up its mind and it will view anything with the most cynical of eyes. "They caved in. They lost. They admitted to being dumb and having a bad idea. Obviously Sony was right all along. Why would you back a stupid loser?" Or there is this argument, "The changed their minds, so obviously they aren't too dedicated to their ideas or policies. How do we know they won't change again and go back to what they said originally? How can we trust them to not betray us when they have already shown so much contempt for us and our rights as consumers?"

How has anyone been betrayed? All they need to do to fix the situation is release good games and ensure that their DRM works at release. The only thing that is going to sink them is if they have major problems at release and people are unable to play the games they bought. If everything is smooth and the games are great people wont care.

it isnt as simple as that though to satisfy everyone, that will satisfy your group in which these policies dont detract from their usage of the machine. which ultimately more power to you that you enjoy that machine.

but those policies are a deal breaker for other groups of consumers, which there is the ps4 for those groups, they didnt create the catch all machine that they thought they have. (yes yes sony did not create the catch all machine either)

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Microsoft has done a very poor job at controlling their message and at expressing it to people. They pretty much deserve every bit of negativity they are getting at the moment, no matter if it is misinformed or not, because they aren't doing anything to put out the fires. If anything they've just stoked them. I have heard some other people from inside the industry present MS stance much better and much clearer and it gave me a better understanding of the companies actual vision. Contrary to popular belief they aren't doing everything just so they can have all of the money in the world. That is part of it, but not all of it. However, it doesn't matter what anyone else says, because they aren't Microsoft. They aren't the ones who need to get a grasp on and control the message. MS needs to do something and they need to do it fast. This is only going to snowball and it is only going to get worse. Eventually it will be ingrained in everyone's minds and it will be accepted fact that the XBone is an evil piece of shit. Once the debacle gets big enough, the main stream press will start casually covering it and then people who don't really follow this stuff closely will get this same message.

Excellent post, I agree with everything you've said. I think the Xbox One has a lot of potential to be a great console but they really need to clear up the message and turn things around quick. It might already be too late. It's taken me quite a bit of effort myself to piece together what exactly Microsoft is trying to accomplish with this system and after doing so I'm much more interested in it.

captianchase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke: but those policies are a deal breaker

We don't know that because neither of these systems have hit the market. If anything Steam and the constant failed DRM boycotts on PC have shown that people don't care nearly as much as they claim they do as long as the service/games are good.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

Why is it a "turd?" That's your opinion. I buy consoles for games. And even if I bought it for hardware, it still seems the X1 has some advantages of its own.

What did you expect a PR person to say? Buy a PS4? He's saying stick with the 360 until you can get online, which is what they hope most people will do. They will keep offering 360 support for those that don't buy consoles day 1, and hope they can convert them straight to Xbox One. Now obviously that's a pipe dream, because some people that don't have broadband will still jump ship, but I'm not sure what people expect salespeople who are trying to sell their product say.

It's not like he doesn't see it like gamers on a forum see it. But they're not going to say what we say. You expect pure honesty from a salesman? Why? Their job is to sell their own products. Not the competitor's product.

*A bit confused with quoting on here.

Yes, you're right, his job is to sell their product. Which is exactly what he didn't do. Instead of make a case for why you should get a X1, he admits you shouldn't and should just buy the 360. His job is to make a case for selling this new product, about why it's better than the old product. He didn't do that, he just said that the 360 was better than the X1 for that situation. The only worse thing he could have said as PR was 'buy a PS4'. Which he practically did.

Granted, this debate is moot for me because Microsoft has decided that I'm not allowed to buy their new product, even if I wanted to import it, despite being one of the biggest markets for games in the world. Go figure.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know a guy that just sold his 360 and a pile of games and bought a PS3. He is also planning on buying a PS4. All of this because he's pissed at Microsoft's policies. I also don't know anyone that doesn't like it and isn't talking about buying a PS4. All anecdotal, but there you go.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iburningstar: ironically, at the post office my postman brought up pre-ordering the consoles solely for selling them on ebay, I was tempted to ask for the manager and then ask the manager if he had some sort of mental issue and valued his job. Telling people how to do shady activities is not something to talk to customers about.

Buying something at high demand and then reselling it is not shady. Supply and demand is a foundation of capitalism. I would've loved to have seen you call for the manager though, "Excuse me, sir. Did you realize your employee wants to sell game consoles on Ebay? What kind of head cases are you hiring here?" Jesus Christ.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By EXTomar

I don't buy used games or sell back games but I also never imply that ones that do are stupid or need education. They aren't following the crowd like mindless idiots but are following their gut. They are looking at their 360 and the handful of games they have now (Madden, CoD, etc) and they are going to throw it into a box and sell back to Gamestop for credit on the next console they buy. Due to Microsoft's verbal dancing and otherwise avoiding the questions, several years down the road when the XBox One is done are they going to be able to throw everything into a box and sell it or even take back Gamestop for credit?

I think the apologists are too quick to ignore or underestimating the issue of eBay and other casual second hand sales. Imagine several years form now and you have a new XBox One and a box of games and simply don't want it any more. Can you even give it away? It is tied to a "real" XBox Live account so just say "here take it" without reformating isn't wise. Reformatting it will leave it a blank slate with a bunch of disks that might be worthless because you are not "an authorized partner" like Gamestop to release and resell disks. It might be that it is easier to find a dumpster for the thing than it is to find a someone to take it.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By HaltIamReptar

@humanity said:

@mrfluke said:

also its funny how they are touting titanfall, when Vince Zampella has been coy on twitter with the titanfall IP being solely xbox one exclusive,

It's going to be exclusive for at least a year, and that will be enough. Tons of people love Halo and they love Call of Duty. If only one console will give them a new Halo and a new futuristic Call of Duty then they just might bite. You must realize the people who only buy a CoD and a Madden title each year aren't that into gaming to know or care about any of this DRM stuff. Once they find out they won't care either.

If someone could provide actual evidence for this "one or two games a year" theory, that would be super helpful.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By mrfluke

@captianchase said:

@mrfluke: but those policies are a deal breaker

We don't know that because neither of these systems have hit the market. If anything Steam and the constant failed DRM boycotts on PC have shown that people don't care nearly as much as they claim they do as long as the service/games are good.

thats PC though thats not a conventional game console.

to my knowledge (correct me if im wrong) that userbase never had the ability to get used games or to rent games, and that those anti DRM people base do have GOG and they do have piracy if they want to go that route.,

and also you can play steam games offline,

now im not saying EVERYONE lived by used games or buys used games or use rentals, but there is that % of console people no matter how big or small that buys used games and uses rentals.

there wouldn't be that insane applause that sony got at E3 if it didn't really matter for a % of people.