My Xbox One was stolen from my front door.

• 79 results
egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Maybe it is just not a good idea to order a new 500 dollar gaming system the very week it launches. Unscrupulous passer-bys (or stalkers?) might figure out what that giant box is lying on your doorstep.

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By katimanic

@egg This is the first time I have ever ordered anything this expensive from Amazon before. Everything else that I have ordered from other stores that was something expensive has either been left with someone who was home or had a sticker thing on my door.

Anyways UPS has given me an update

12/02/20135:36 P.M.The package was left in a UPS facility.

Anyone knows what that means?

I am thankful that Amazon has been such a easy company to deal with. Amazon should really ask for the money they spent on shipping back from UPS.

Edit:

Amazon's tracking service says

Completed customs clearance process

Not too sure what that means, since it was shipped to Alberta from Ontario.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Well, at least your package wasn't stolen. =)

Garfield518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was on Friday evening, so I waited home all day Saturday (most of my day, I left around 6 to go to my brother's birthday party, which I showed up empty handed to but I told him what I got him and he was extremely thankful) and still nothing. Sunday, nothing as well and then I sent Amazon an email. They sent me an email back telling me that the package will get here on Tuesday and that they will give me a free month of Amazon Prime.

Mail doesn't move during the weekends, so when Amazon said "the next 24-48 hours," they meant business days (Monday through Friday).

Frumpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xalienxgreyx: that's exactly what they did to me. Woke up around 2pm launch day to some knocks on my door, opened it up and there was an xbox on my doorstep and a UPS guy running for his van.

OMG! you poor bastard being woken up at 2 pm !! Maybe Amazon can give you a $10 gift card for your pain.

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By katimanic

@garfield518: Hmm, I think UPS delivers Saturday here. Or at least they do sometimes.

They also said this

08:15 PM(GMT) Mohammad(CSA): I see that your estimated delivery date November 29.It delayed 1 day,I confirm that it will be delivered on or before the end of November 30.

So I actually have no idea.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By HerbieBug

@egg This is the first time I have ever ordered anything this expensive from Amazon before. Everything else that I have ordered from other stores that was something expensive has either been left with someone who was home or had a sticker thing on my door.

Anyways UPS has given me an update

12/02/20135:36 P.M.The package was left in a UPS facility.

Anyone knows what that means?

I am thankful that Amazon has been such a easy company to deal with. Amazon should really ask for the money they spent on shipping back from UPS.

Edit:

Amazon's tracking service says

Completed customs clearance process

Not too sure what that means, since it was shipped to Alberta from Ontario.

Nevermind Amazon's tracking thing, I get inaccurate information off that all the time. UPS is the only one that matters. The "UPS facility" is one of their distribution centres. It will be there overnight and should go out on a truck for delivery tomorrow. If you want to be extra careful this time, you can put a note on your door to the UPS person saying "please do not safe drop" in the event that they show up when you aren't home. They won't leave it at your door if you do that.

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nevermind Amazon's tracking thing, I get inaccurate information off that all the time. UPS is the only one that matters. The "UPS facility" is one of their distribution centres. It will be there overnight and should go out on a truck for delivery tomorrow. If you want to be extra careful this time, you can put a note on your door to the UPS person saying "please do not safe drop" in the event that they show up when you aren't home. They won't leave it at your door if you do that.

Alright, thanks for the info.

I'll think I will take your advice and leave a note.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@katimanic: Do you have any sort of hiding place that you could have the package placed in? Whenever we expect a package to come and we aren't planning to be home, we leave a note on the door to hide it behind a specific plant we have near the garage door. I understand this won't help for those who don't live in houses, but having the package placed anywhere besides the front door greatly improves the chances that it won't get stolen. (Especially if you live between half a dozen schools on a busy street.)

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I've never had a problem with UPS or FedEx from Amazon. They've never left anything at my door and take things to the leasing office. It's OnTrac that I loath, because they always leave things by my door. I wish Amazon allowed a choice of delivery service.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like things worked out well for you. Amazon did everything they could. Gave you some credit, free Prime, AND a new console. Can't really blame them for anything.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This sounds like the absolute blurst.

Did you/your brother get the console yet, @katimanic?

roninenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like the problem with this has to be due to the carriers misplace of package in their facility. I've only ever had one problem with amazon and they refunded me the next day after I contacted them.

They've been great for me and I live in California. I ordered all my PC parts from amazon and had a box sent to me worth about $800. Their mobile tracking has been on point for me, only delayed by about 5 minutes. Probably the amount of time it takes for them to confirm delivery and arrival.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By HerbieBug

@roninenix said:

Seems like the problem with this has to be due to the carriers misplace of package in their facility.

Yeah, that happens on occasion. Mostly if the pickup person doesn't scan the label when they retrieve the package from the store's outgoing warehouse. I had a parcel arrive a couple months ago that did not update from "a shipping label has been created" until an hour after the thing was physically at my door. I gave the shipping store hell about that for two days in the belief that they had lost it before giving it to UPS. Then I called back on the third day with an embarrassed apology and recommendation for them to get super pissed at UPS on my behalf. :D

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000: Nope not yet. This is the time of day that packages usually get delivered and so far the tracking page still says "The package was left in a UPS facility" from yesterday. I am going to take my lunch at home, just to see. I left a note saying please don't drop but I would prefer to get the package myself today than to pick it up tomorrow.

I am getting a bit paranoid though. What if this is UPS screwing with me because I made a fuss?

Also does anyone know if I need to file a police report or anything about the first package that was "delivered" ?

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By katimanic

So I talked to a nice lady from amazon on the phone today, they told me it will be delivered tomorrow or I would get a refund.

I kinda really don't want a refund since I can't really get an xbox anywhere else. I wonder how they do that though, can they ask UPS for a package back?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@katimanic: I would wait outside all day if I had to, man. Make sure it doesn't get stolen. With a bat..

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@mb said:

I've also experienced drivers from both UPS and FedEx who never came to my door at all when a signature was required and simply marked the package as "Delivery attempted, no one to sign for package." I always assumed this was due to the drivers' time constraints.

For FedEx it's also because if they don't deliver it by a certain time based on the service chosen, they eat the ENTIRE cost of shipping unless the customer being billed waived their money back guarantee for some sort of contractual goodie. (For Ground shipments, they only eat the freight and the cost of fuel, for Express, the entire thing is a wash.)

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

Man, that sounds bad all around. I order stuff from Amazon all the time and haven't had any bad experiences like this.

FedEx delivered something once while I was at work. I got an update on my phone that said the package was signed for by Mr.P. Orch.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#70  Edited By musubi

So I talked to a nice lady from amazon on the phone today, they told me it will be delivered tomorrow or I would get a refund.

I kinda really don't want a refund since I can't really get an xbox anywhere else. I wonder how they do that though, can they ask UPS for a package back?

They probably just have to eat the cost. Sometimes good customer service means being willing to eat the cost of a product now so you continue to have a customer in the future. Hope this gets resolved. I have a Ps4 coming monday myself I'll be watching the door like a hawk all day for this exact reason. Best of luck sir.

quemador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

hmm that sucks, but i usually leave a note on my door if i'm not home that tells the delivery man they could leave the package at the side of the house or my back door, or just take it to the nearest UPS center where i could pick it up later.

DanceMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had my original Xbox One stolen on launch day either by the driver or a dodgy neighbor (thankfully they spelled my name wrong when they signed for it and we have CCTV where we live so Police are doing what they can!).

A week of bitter calls with Amazon Customer Services in the UK yielded nothing but 5-6hrs of my life I'll never get back. In the end they said they were unable to find a replacement and refunded me and I was forced to take my chances on eBay (got one for £620 instead of the original £435). Also missed a whole load of time sensitive challenges for games which is minor in the scheme of things but still annoying.

Happy that I finally have one that works and isn't eating discs so far but for my first experience with Amazon customer services it was utterly awful. Final total was 14 different customer services reps on the phone and only one of them showed any sympathy and understanding of the situation. Ironically he revealed he was just a seasonal employee who had no guarantee of a job after the holidays.

I'm pursuing them now for compensation and have cancelled all my pre-order games with them (switched back to Game which I hope I don't regret).

My genuine symapathies to anyone else who had their launch day / week ruined by terrible service and seasonal drivers!

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By BRich

@dancemacabre: I had a similar experience when my Day One edition vanished from tracking. I talked to Amazon so many times and they consistently told me to wait until the next Thursday. They did offer about $10 in credit every time I contacted which ended up adding to $60. I finally found a rep that could help me, but he was only able to ship a standard edition. This one came in 2 days and then, out of nowhere, the Day One with guaranteed launch day delivery shows up a full week late (in a completely beat up Amazon box.)

Naturally, the disc drive was broken, so free Forza 5!

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I got a very banged up Xbox One on Friday The box was in terrible shape.

It is working though and my brother loves it. Some of the interface needs work and there are certain times when the Xbox just lags for 10s of seconds.

Anyways, thanks for letting me vent in this thread. Feel free to add my gamertag, it is the same as my username. We don't own any Xbox One games but we have a few rented from the library right now.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They won't leave a 500$ item on your doorstep, they're not imbeciles.

They will, and they are.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frumpa said:

@doctortran said:

@xalienxgreyx: that's exactly what they did to me. Woke up around 2pm launch day to some knocks on my door, opened it up and there was an xbox on my doorstep and a UPS guy running for his van.

OMG! you poor bastard being woken up at 2 pm !! Maybe Amazon can give you a $10 gift card for your pain.

Do you have anything fruitful to say, or are you just coming here to be a raging dick?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

We don't own any Xbox One games but we have a few rented from the library right now.

Nice attach rate there Microsoft!

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, I'm too late to come in and say:

You should check nearby hospitals, ask if anyone was admitted with traumatic back injuries, possibly from heavy lifting.

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had something similar happen to a laptop I ordered on Amazon, it was said to be delivered around 6:30 pm (on the date it was set to arrive), It wasn't at my door, I was going nuts, I thought someone snagged it. I live on a third floor apartment and often UPS delivers to the first floor, he won't walk it up to mine. I called UPS and the person said they would contact the driver. Turns out he marked it that he delivered it but didn't actually make it to my building for the day so I had him come back and give it to me, it took about 2 hours but I got it. I hope that asshole got fired.