• 104 results
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

This had been speculated before, but it's been confirmed that if someone gets banned on Xbox Live, they will have the licenses to all of their Xbox One games revoked:

No Caption Provided

This means that people will now be extra careful when trying to throw out excessive, derogatory language in Call of Duty!

Edit: Then again, this isn't a true confirmation since it's a nameless Twitter account. It's still the only thing we have to go by right now.

Edit 2: This is looking as though it was just a mistake as user The_Laughing_Man interrogated an Xbox Support account and received the reply that the above was mistakenly referring to the Xbox 360 and not the Xbox One.

Edit 3:

(@ 0:49 mark, Major Nelson states that users banned from XBL will not lose access to their games)

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Even single player games? That's a bit crazy.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Wow! This is pushing the line further than I thought it would ever go. THIS is EXACTLY the reason many disdain a digital-only market: there's no sense of ownership. Anything and everything can be taken away from you. A purchased product is the property of that owner and should be able to be taken away based on misconduct... that is absolutely preposterous to believe that anyone would support that. Only way I would approve of this is if all of the money spend on the revoked licenses was refunded, but we all know that is NOT going to happen.

*I don't even know if this is real/confirmed

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That's some crazy shit! Gotta wonder what else they'll hide in the EULA.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mandude

Is this how it currently works with digital games on Xbox 360 or is it a new policy?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Take a drink every time Microsoft fucks up an Xbox One feature. Take another drink if it turns out to be false or later rescinded in some fashion.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandude said:

Is this how it currently works with digital games on Xbox 360 or is it a new thing?

If it's a console ban, users will lose access to all of their downloadable 360 games.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

If you get banned you deserve to lose all your shit. No sympathy from me. I've endured enough stupidity via online gaming.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@carlthenimrod said:

If you get banned you deserve to lose all your shit. No sympathy from me. I've endured enough stupidity via online gaming.

The thing is, it's not 100% of bans that are legitimate. There are many cases of people getting wrongfully banned in the past or for stupid things like stating their sexuality in their profile or playing a game before its street date.

That doesn't confirm things either way, but if that account is allowed to give a factual statement in one account and a vague one in another, one has to wonder why Microsoft allows that support Twitter to answer these questions at all.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carlthenimrod said:

The thing is, it's not 100% of bans that are legitimate. There are many cases of people getting wrongly banned in the past or for stupid things like stating their sexuality in their profile or playing a game before its street date.

That doesn't confirm things either way, but if that account is allowed to give a factual statement in one account and a vague one in another, one has to wonder why Microsoft allows that support Twitter to answer these questions at all.

Again I wanna say they are refering to the 360 stuff.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OurSin_360

What if it's another "accidental" ban (which has happened).

Lol @ being able to steal the stuff you payed money on for any reason. I think they should have to write in bold print on the box cover when you buy an Xboned game that you are leasing it and will not own it ever.

I predict xbone will be the most hacked and modded system of all time

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

This is PRECISELY why I fell out of love with Steam and switched to GoG, and why I don't buy digital console unless it's like $5. Holy crap...

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By thebunnyhunter

Why would Xbox Support keep commenting on these Xbox one questions, wasn't it the livesteam last night where Jeff and the boys were talking that these guys are are not briefed on Xbox One policies or something like that.

edit: oops forgot an "are not"

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TruthTellah

I really don't think we should be putting too much weight into anything coming from the XboxSupport twitter account. They've sent out the most confusing and mixed messages about every single aspect of the Xbox One.

Though, this wouldn't surprise me if true. Only Steam has a single player games caveat on their account bans, and they only changed that last year. Origin, PSN, and XBL all already have this in their ToU.

I imagine they may have some alternative for disc-based games though. But then, I still wouldn't be too surprised if they decided to just have the same policy across the digital and physical versions of games.

Dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stop being a asshole or i'll fucking lock you out of the service.

All this is possible with the power of kinect's 3 microphones and the cloud.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

On the one hand yay for doing something to get the cunts that go online just to ruin other peoples fun and making playing online the last goddamn thing I want to do these days, but on the other hand boo on them if this is not 100% flawless and that no one gets banned that doesn't deserve it. I doubt I will ever own an X-Box 3 so it doesn't affect me one way or the other, but it's neat.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would Xbox Support keep commenting on these Xbox one questions, wasn't it the livesteam last night where Jeff and the boys were talking that these guys are briefed on Xbox One policies or something like that.

Their response was, "They are still on 360 support duty" Basically they don't know shit.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the one hand, lowering the number of prepubescent, asshole racists in online games is awesome. On the other hand, I don't have enough faith MS enough to trust them to handle policing this policy very well.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#27  Edited By Hailinel
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@the_laughing_man said:

Haha, well, that's pretty stupid. I kind of doubt it's a bot because it's suppose to be a support Twitter and they even have a schedule listed to the left, but that's a pretty stupid response.

Maybe they're intentionally trying to steer you away from the Xbox One 'cause they realized they fucked up? I dunno.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jiggajoe14

@hailinel said:

@jiggajoe14 said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@fluxwavez said:

@the_laughing_man said:

No, the tweet was specifically in response to the Xbox One:

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status/345338828606812160

So two different answers for the same question.

Microsoft PR is quite amusing.

It's what comes from a massively bloated corporation with departments that compete directly against each other.

Yeah but at least most of the time it comes off that they only have half of their foot in their mouth. These fuckers nearly have up to the whole damn heel stuck in there.

And now after putting the image of an entire foot in my mouth into my head and the fact that I am not drunk I shall go to bed. Can't wait to read more of @the_laughing_man's flirtatious twitter convos with xbox support when I wake up.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thing I almost exclusively chat in private chat.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@jiggajoe14 said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@fluxwavez said:

@the_laughing_man said:

It's what comes from a massively bloated corporation with departments that compete directly against each other.

Yeah but at least most of the time it comes off that they only have half of their foot in their mouth. These fuckers nearly have up to the whole damn heel stuck in there.

And now after putting the image of an entire foot in my mouth into my head and the fact that I am not drunk I shall go to bed. Can't wait to read more of @the_laughing_man's flirtatious twitter convos with xbox support when I wake up.

I seem to be able to draw them out to answer me quickly. Not sure why.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34  Edited By carlthenimrod

@fluxwavez said:

@carlthenimrod said:

The thing is, it's not 100% of bans that are legitimate. There are many cases of people getting wrongfully banned in the past or for stupid things like stating their sexuality in their profile or playing a game before its street date.

So people shouldn't go to prison ever because some people are wrongly convicted?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@carlthenimrod said:

So people shouldn't go to prison ever because some people are wrongly convicted?

No Caption Provided

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will only apply to violation of TOS right? i.e. hacking & cheating? I don't think being rude/asshole is bannable but being racist and homophobic definitely is. Hopefully this creates less clowns online but I'm not too hopeful. Instead of people being racist and homophobic they'll just call you a dick-head

To stop people being douches online you would have to remove anonymity i.e. have everyone sign in through facebook ;S

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By McGhee

@fluxwavez said:

@carlthenimrod said:

No, but we shouldn't have a death penalty because people are wrongly convicted and given the death sentence. And this is a bullshit death sentence to a game you bought and should own.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jiggajoe14

@jiggajoe14 said:

@hailinel said:

@jiggajoe14 said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@fluxwavez said:

@the_laughing_man said:

I seem to be able to draw them out to answer me quickly. Not sure why.

It must be that handsome smile of yours.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ogred said:

This will only apply to violation of TOS right? i.e. hacking & cheating? I don't think being rude/asshole is bannable but being racist and homophobic definitely is. Hopefully this creates less clowns online but I'm not too hopeful. Instead of people being racist and homophobic they'll just call you a dick-head

I would HAVE to think that it would have to be a really specific kind of banning for an account to lose access to all of its associated physical titles and downloadable titles. Of course, I personally think that's definitely going to be the case so the real question, for me, is what the status of one's licenses will be depending on other kinds of bannings.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mrfluke

IF thats true, then thats way too fucked up. holy shit.

that should not affect your games, your goddamn fucking purchases you spend money on.

yep further cements my new ownership of the ps4 and to never buy a Microsoft console again.

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DizzyMedal

So are the twitter accounts @xboxsupport1 and @xboxsupport the same then? Seems redundant.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

The guys who run the Xbox Support account are peons that don't know anything. Until you hear an actual rep say this, I wouldn't get too outraged.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By McGhee

@milkman said:

The guys who run the Xbox Support account are peons that don't know anything. Until you hear an actual rep say this, I wouldn't get too outraged.

Considering how much dumb shit actual reps have also been saying, this wouldn't be too shocking.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By reisz

I can support actual consequences for some of the awful stuff I've come across on Xbox Live. We've all seen and heard a bunch of garbage get a pass, so to get to the level where you've been permanently banned without appeal and lost access to all of your licenses, you must have done some seriously reprehensible shit. It's a good move in my eyes.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That twitter account is suspicious. It's not certified.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By samfo

People who abuse these xbox support accounts are immature and petty.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By Animasta

It isn't impossible that with this, there would be more granularity with bans; they might just introduce temporary suspensions or warnings.

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would creating dick pictures for my clan emblem get me ban?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The_Laughing_Man