So I bought an xbox one

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Nilazz

After seeing how the price of the xbox one continued to drop I couldn't resist the temptation anymore so I caved in and bought the xbox one Master Chief Collection edition, nothing fancy just the console with The Master Chief Collection ready as a download. ( that size though! )

And now I need some new friends! My gamertag is Nilazz.

I play online quite often so if any of you duders plays Halo that is awesome, otherwise you're free to kick my ass in Killer Instict, cause damn I'm bad at that game.

Is there any tips or tricks when it comes to the OS I should know? I've already experienced pushing 'B' too many times and starting a game by mistake.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#2  Edited By extintor

A couple of tips for you that will be useful as you find your way around;

* press (what used to be) select on the controller (i.e. button to the left of the centre button) while on the dashboard to access all the console settings. If you don't know about this then it can take a while to find them (as some people have griped about on the forums)

* double tap the centre 'Xbox' button to bring up on-screen icons that will enable snap and unsnap, and the option to start/end a party (i.e. these are button alternatives to the standard use of kinect to make those things work).

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You should check out Sunset Overdrive!

My gamertag is A E Martin. I don't have Gold at the moment though, so no online multiplayer for me.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

Good timing because last I checked, MCC actually works now!

Anyway, only advice I have is to make use of "pinning" things to your home screen. I never really have to navigate to anything.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By kagato

I literally just bought one too due to the Gears of War announcement, feels weird to have the machine since unlike last gen there are only a few exclusives and i already have a PS4 for my cross platform stuff. Without hijacking this thread (im sure the op will want to know too), if i dont like Halo and already have Killer Instinct, D, Neverwinter, Crimson Dragon and Ryse, what exclusive stuff should i be considering next? I've been eyeing up State of Decay but reviews are really mixed on it.

My gamertag is ShinKagato

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would recommend looking at all the update videos they put up every month. That's a pretty good summary of new and improved features.

Lynx67 is my gamertag. Feel free to add me but I don't play much multiplayer these days.

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought an Xbox One three months ago and one thing I can say about the OS is that pins are your friend. Also, everyone should try Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2, those games are great. My Gametag is Revan KPL

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nilazz

@a_e_martin:I just ordered Sunset Overdrive! Should arrive tomorrow! I'll add you, even if you don't have Gold giantbomb duders are always welcome!

@james_hayward: Got it! Those shortcuts should speed things up a little.

@nickhead: Pinning? Yeah that seems like it can be a BIG time saver. And hopefully MCC won't give me any problem.

@kagato: Hey man, hijack away!

@nashvilleskyline: For some reason I've been watching those videos anyway even though I didn't own the system, I find it kinda interesting to know what the people at Microsoft are up to and even more so now that I own the system.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Congrats, duder! It's an awesome system. The MCC works great now (finally). Might I also recommend Titanfall and Forza Horizon 2. I consider both must-owns for Xbox One owners. Especially Titanfall in your case since you're already a Halo guy. They basically give that game away these days and all the DLC is free. It's a hell of a lot of fun.

The interface (without Kinect, which saves much of the hassle) isn't that great, but has come a long way. Definitely take the time to set up the pins, double-tap the xbox button to snap (which also now gives you the option to record the last 30 seconds of gameplay or take a screenshot), remember that "settings" can be accessed from the home screen via the select button because it's a pain to find otherwise, and use the My Games and Apps section. Go ahead and get a Onedrive account if you're going to do any kind of video sharing. Also, bookmark this page (or Larry Hyrb's twitter) and check it fairly often, because they offer a new deal every week and you can get some games on the cheap.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and welcome to the fold!

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Cool, I just added you.

GT still: Blu3v3nom07

Lets Halo it! :D

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm not too active because I'm mainly on PC but I do use my xbox as a Halo machine so it's always good to have others who are on that.

Gamertag: Big Daddy Afro

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ford_Dent

It's well worth grabbing Shovel Knight and some of the other titles like Ori. Also make sure you have XBLGold because you can get some really good smaller games to build your library. Also if for some reason you don't have Assassin's Creed 4 yet you should pick it up, because it looks stunning on the Xbone.

Edit: Oh, right.

Gamertag: forddent

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

I added you, I play a lot of Halo from time to time, my GT is Zealotsangheili.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nilazz
isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I went ahead and added you as a friend. Or rather "followed" you. I don't really have any handy tips to give out outside of those already mentioned in this thread, except that you should definitely buy some rechargeable batteries for your controllers.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

A couple of tips for you that will be useful as you find your way around;

* press (what used to be) select on the controller (i.e. button to the left of the centre button) while on the dashboard to access all the console settings. If you don't know about this then it can take a while to find them (as some people have griped about on the forums)

* double tap the centre 'Xbox' button to bring up on-screen icons that will enable snap and unsnap, and the option to start/end a party (i.e. these are button alternatives to the standard use of kinect to make those things work).

I've had an Xbox One for over a year and never knew this, thank you.