1) English – US

2) English – GB (WW)

3) French

4) Spanish – MX

5) Spanish – ES

6) Italian

7) German

8) Portuguese

NOW – the nuance to this is that some voice *features* won’t be available in all countries right away. “Xbox On”, for instance, is only available in 5 (hence the confusion on Xbox.com in the small print).

BigDug13

– the FAQ is correct, for launch. When you choose a language for your console, you will be offered the list of countries it is supported in. Using your example, if you choose Italy as your language, you only get Italian. We will continue to add more supported combinations over time. For example in Canada we will support English and French. The opportunity to “mix-and-match” languages and countries is something we’re looking to do post-launch.

You should update your OP and title. I missed that the first time around and I'm betting I'm not alone. I knew it made little sense not to have Portuguese.

Well that's better.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@sooty said:

@isomeri said:

Speaking of voice and the Xbox One, Major Nelson has posted comparison clips of the difference in sound quality between the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One headsets. I didn't want to make a new thread about this because the forums are already being buried under heaps of Xbox One threads.

Oh, and the Xbox One voice sample does sound considerably better.

Doesn't really surprise me as the bundled 360 headsets are hot garbage.

It's not the headset, it's the audio codec. No matter what headset you use it sounds like shit.

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Phoenix654

This console is seeming more and more like it's being rushed out the door because PS4 is imminent. The 180-ing, the lack of a release date for something launching in 2 months (or so, September starts soon) and now that stupid bar camera thing they seem to think is a vital part of the system isn't even going to function in the way most people use their current Kinect (voice commanding their Netflix experience) in over half the territories it's releasing in. Microsoft, I love my 360 and my Halos, but you keep sending out the worst messages on this One thing, man.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Ok

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@geraltitude said:
@alexglass said:

That sucks for some of the countries. Big screw-up here. I don't understand how they can launch in Brazil without Portuguese support. I'm assuming Brazil will get delayed then.

At least now we know why more KSR got delayed and there's not a whole lot of games supporting Kinect at launch.

When has MS ever made Brazil a priority? What's the cost of a launch XB1 there anyways?

When has either of them? They're both making it a priority this generation. Obviously something took place that we don't know about in terms of sales this past generation and the trend is moving up for Brazil. Otherwise neither Sony or MS would be so adamant of keeping Brazil as a launch country.

Oh Sony hasn't been better, no doubt, but it was good to hear they're finally manufacturing PS2s/PS3s in South America. Should help bring the price down to something more peeps can afford. Brazil is the next big gaming market (PS2 mostly from what I see in sales). It's an exciting time, but that's for another thread I guess. Did you see that gaf post? Sounds like Portuguese may be supported sort of at launch, but not all the features (i.e. "Xbox on").

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@sooty said:

@isomeri said:

Speaking of voice and the Xbox One, Major Nelson has posted comparison clips of the difference in sound quality between the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One headsets. I didn't want to make a new thread about this because the forums are already being buried under heaps of Xbox One threads.

It's not the headset, it's the audio codec. No matter what headset you use it sounds like shit.

That's not true at all, 360 voice sounded decent on a good aftermarket headset.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@sooty said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

@sooty said:

@isomeri said:

A little better, but still bad compared to something like Skype.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The countries that matter.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@sooty said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

@sooty said:

@isomeri said:

I agree with isomeri, everyone's voice in multi-player games sounded so bad I could barely make out what people were saying. Less compression is a good thing.