Xbox one game fatigue

inspectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have BF4 ( love it 100+ hours i know ) ghost ( meh ) DR3 ( almost done) but I need a RPG so damn bad any of you guys going through the same Fatigue ? I find my self going to my 360 little more often ?

Avatar image for librorumprohibitorum
LibrorumProhibitorum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because there aren't any games out yet. You're playing the same launch games. That's why you're bored.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Pretty much exact same here. BF4 for mp(so fucking great when it's working as intended)and some Powerstar Golf sprinkled in. Just haven't been able to stick with the other stuff. It's no big as I have a huge backlog on 360 and the sales right now are really timely. Got both Bioshock Infinite and Brothers for cheap.

But yeah, can't wait for that big, deep rpg to really sink my teeth into as well. And btw, what are we waiting for TC on that front? :P

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait a few months, witcher 3 :) but Ass 4 is sort of an RPG ish.open and I like it. You do the same things over an over, but it's fun and plays nice. once the game is loaded, it's fast and streamlined

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Then go back to the 360 and play an RPG, or go somewhere else. You do get bored when the novelty of a new console wears off and you realize there aren't many games available for it yet.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Dragon Age: Inquisition, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, The Witcher 3, and boat load of indie games coming out in like January.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still Early, go play your 360 there are tons of games there.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By flameboy84

I've already thought this will happen I have Forza, FIFA and Dead Rising. Taking my time with Dead Rising and playing Forza and FIFA a little bit each day. I'm going back to my PS3 without a doubt still have maybe 10 games I want to finish.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

That's funny.

JCole360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh ya i'm having the same problem with both next gen consoles. they are both great but after beating everything and not having a ton of people on my friends list for the MP games i wanna play I've quickly grown bored with them both......so i bought a PC and it's opened up a whole new world of games for me because I've never had a good one. My only issue with that is i literally have 0 people to play games with on there so it's like a brand new arcade in the middle of the ocean.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DonPixel

I just bought Halo 4 and Gears Absolution, couldn't play those last year. I gotta say I'm a having a good time with both, and damn Halo 4 does squishes the 360 power to the last drop, that game looks pretty darn good.

I also bought Binary Domain in $20, need to go trough that one before my break ends.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

buy Zoo Tycoon

Also what is the point of this? No games are coming out now, and this is a launch system what did you expect?

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What do you seriously expect? Console releases don't come with unlimited supply of games that meet your interest.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You've played the hell out of your launch games, so start working on the backlog. I've barely scratched the surface on my launch games (Forza, Killer Instinct, Fifa and Peggle 2).

I still have a huge backlog though and it grows every day with these great Xbox Live sales (Steam is a lost cause at this point).

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brich said:

I still have a huge backlog though and it grows every day with these great Xbox Live sales (Steam is a lost cause at this point).

Oh god i hope your joking.

Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brich said:

Well, the xbox live sales are really getting interesting. But Steam is not a lost cause. Although, the race to the lower prices started by the app store a few years ago and followed by Steam is extremely bad for the industry as people will expect, in the future, games to cost less and less. It will eventually come down to extremely big games played for free by millions of people and smaller indie games. The middle ground will disapear slowly. Just my opinion, but we can already see it happening. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for paying less for a game when it drops in price, but long term it becomes harder for middle ground developpers to find an audience who will be willing to pay 40-60$ for a game.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By spraynardtatum
@brich said:

You've played the hell out of your launch games, so start working on the backlog. I've barely scratched the surface on my launch games (Forza, Killer Instinct, Fifa and Peggle 2).

Are you talking about steam or steam?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey said:

@brich said:

Well, the xbox live sales are really getting interesting. But Steam is not a lost cause. Although, the race to the lower prices started by the app store a few years ago and followed by Steam is extremely bad for the industry as people will expect, in the future, games to cost less and less. It will eventually come down to extremely big games played for free by millions of people and smaller indie games. The middle ground will disapear slowly. Just my opinion, but we can already see it happening. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for paying less for a game when it drops in price, but long term it becomes harder for middle ground developpers to find an audience who will be willing to pay 40-60$ for a game.

I don't think that it is bad for the industry. I've heard plenty of indie developers say that Steam sales are amazing for them. More people buy things when they're cheap. I don't think humanity is dumb enough to expect everything for free. Also, if it gets to that point I'm sure microtransactions will come forth with a vengeance.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You'll see new games soon enough, trust me...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@blu3v3nom07: Um,there are some indie games in January but Witcher and Dragon Age aren't coming out for awhile.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: Um,there are some indie games in January but Witcher and Dragon Age aren't coming out for awhile.

I'm not sure why I worded it that way at the time, but yea..

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is what new console launches are like. I played so much Resistance: Fall of Man when the Ps3 came out because that was all there was! No shame in playing the older systems. Games will come, give it time.

Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nashvilleskyline

@spraynardtatum: If you look at what I wrote, you will actually see that, as I said, it's good for big games and indies. But believe me, when the market will be flooded with free to play games and cheaper games, indie will have a hard time too. And yes, humanity is dumb enough to expect everything for free. I gave music lessons for 8 years, the younger the people, the more they couldn't understand why they had to pay for music if they could get it for free. They didn't even understand the basic concept of paying for music. Most of my nephews play free to play game on their ipods or computer. You can also say that the cream of the crop will always surface but as the market keeps getting filled with FTPs and as people grow expecting games to be free, fewer options and fewer kinds of game will be available. This is just my opinion although I firmly believe it to be true.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By spraynardtatum

@spraynardtatum: If you look at what I wrote, you will actually see that, as I said, it's good for big games and indies. But believe me, when the market will be flooded with free to play games and cheaper games, indie will have a hard time too. And yes, humanity is dumb enough to expect everything for free. I gave music lessons for 8 years, the younger the people, the more they couldn't understand why they had to pay for music if they could get it for free. They didn't even understand the basic concept of paying for music. Most of my nephews play free to play game on their ipods or computer. You can also say that the cream of the crop will always surface but as the market keeps getting filled with FTPs and as people grow expecting games to be free, fewer options and fewer kinds of game will be available. This is just my opinion although I firmly believe it to be true.

I agree that f2p games are going to mess with peoples perception of how much a game is worth (in pretty much every conceivable way) but I just can't get behind the idea that people are going to expect sales to eventually turn into free. I think that falls on F2P and piracy. Steam sales are actually a pretty good tool to fight what you're talking about because they're amazing deals and they actually benefit everyone involved. If this year is any indication there is going to continue to be more games of different shapes and sizes and more ways to buy them as the years go on.

It sucks that the younger generation of people don't understand the concept of paying for music. That breaks my heart.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sounds about right considering that these things just launched

Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: tx for the chat man.
I recorded a couple of albums for the last 10 years, I'd say that most of the records I've sold come from live shows where people are more inclined to support independant artists, but most of the people download it for free on bandcamp. Few will actually give money for it. I don't complain since it's a passion for me and don't expect to make a living out of it. But it breaks my heart to see that people will give a dollar of tip for a beer in a bar but will complain about paying 1 dollar for a song on itune or bandcamp.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brich said:

Maybe you haven't been paying attention, but I've been buying something almost every day. It was great last year too and now I have a huge Xbox Live backlog, on top of my insane Steam backlog (lost cause meaning I could never play it all in 100 years).

inspectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By inspectah

Well this post got a lot more traction then what I original thought . Well Ghost finally clicked for me so enjoying the double XP , Had to take a break from BF4 ( 110 hours plus need a break ) Picked up AC4 so i should be pretty good till march 11th lol .

Avatar image for lowestformofwit
lowestformofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes, it was the same for the 360 until Oblivion came out, which was around 4 months after release.

Watch Dogs might scratch the itch until the Witcher 3 comes out.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By l4wd0g

Yeah, until March and Titanfall, (and inFAMOUS on the PS4) the new game front is pretty bleak. Hopefully Witcher 3 hits this year and scratches the RPG itch for you.

I guess Theif is launching at the end of February, but man, I don't know about that game.

Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope we will see Super Time force or Below sooner rater than later. If I'm correct Microsoft is publishing those right? So I guess we won't be a surprise with selfpublishing these tiles. We'll know far ahead. Also, Xbox One need a "coming soon" section in the games menu. I miss that.

inspectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like an option to per-order like PSN

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By strainedeyes

How is Xbox One's XBLA (whatever it's called now) doing? I feel like I haven't heard about any new releases on the service yet. PS4 has had a handful of PSN titles since launch.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pretty much play Peggle and Forza exclusively. For some reason I can sink like 3 hours into peggle. It's pretty bad...

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn D4 is not coming out in February

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

This is pretty much every system ever. That is why I don't limit myself to one platform. Got my PC and 3DS to keep me gaming.