Xbox One: Get the facts - You can turn it off!

• 61 results
ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I love how they say "get the facts" like there's all this misinformation out there. Exactly who's fault is that, Microsoft?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@darji: I can confirm that all those things you mentioned did exist in 2011

PS3/360 launch were in 2006 and before it was 2005. And it was not so meaningful in these times.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#53 chaser324  Moderator

I'm a little surprised GameStop isn't leading with the fact that used games will work on Xbox One. I'd think that getting that knowledge out is more important to their own bottom line.

It's good to see MS trying to inform people about their policy changes, but judging from the reactions I continue to see here, on other enthusiast sites, and from non-enthusiasts, I think the damage has already been done.

At this point, MS's best course of action is probably just making sure they have as smooth a launch as possible and continue getting solid exclusives like Forza and Titanfall. If they do that, then maybe the ill will towards them will just slowly dispel over the course of six months to a year.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@darji: the Wii U is not doing well for entirely different reasons - the main of which is the lack of noteworthy titles. That won't be a problem for the XBO.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: people have been getting fired for saying dumb stuff on twitter since it started

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@darji: the Wii U is not doing well for entirely different reasons - the main of which is the lack of noteworthy titles. That won't be a problem for the XBO.

One of the reasons is the bad PR Niitnendo does. People do still not even know that the Wii U is a new console and even if they try to fix this mistake they will never be able to anymore. But yeah lack of titles is another reason of course.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57  Edited By PandaBear

This press release just came to my inbox --

October 10, 2013

Microsoft Xbox One: Get The Facts, Moron

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MICROSOFT, Redmond, Washington --

Don't listen to your stupid fucking friends or the dickheads on the Internet! Even those idiots at your local game shop have no idea what they're on about! Microsoft is down with game trade-ins and your privacy! AAAND this time the Kinect will work as advertised. Promise. We hope. Look, we're cool like Sony, seriously you we love indie games like... uh... look, fuck, we like them ok?! Yes we showed our true colours briefly, but we're back-peddling pretty fucking hard now kids! And you'll forget in six months and that's when we'll shit on you with some stupid DRM policy! But for now, video games!! Get the facts you pack of fuckwits and stop spreading lies! The Xbox One is the next step in social media integrated television viewing and media streaming devices that can also play games I guess.

Oh and Titanfall is exclusive. Suck on that FailStation 4. HIGH FIVE!!

AND DON'T CALL IT THE XBONE OR MAJOR NELSON WILL SHOVE HIS OLD FIST UP YOUR ASS!! Seriously you made him cry a few weeks back you disrespectful ass-wipes.

END

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pandabear: I think you might just be taking this a bit too seriously

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Nah... if I had the money I'd buy both day one. I'll get an Xbox One next year for sure... but they're awareness campaign is failing. I know heaps of people that still think it's a totally locked down system.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pandabear: Well as long as you were at least half self aware while typing it I guess it's fine

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@connerthekewlkid said:

Nah... if I had the money I'd buy both day one. I'll get an Xbox One next year for sure... but they're awareness campaign is failing. I know heaps of people that still think it's a totally locked down system.

Well, with MS literally refusing to promise not to ever return to an always online format later in the console's lifespan, it almost might as well be a totally locked down system.

It's crazy to make a policy that most people hate, reverse that policy, and then say that you still reserve the option to go back to that first hated policy at any time.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The train wreck continues. At this point Microsoft would be better off handing their marketing division over to the dog, who at least wouldn't make any more mind bogglingly terrible decisions.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By xyzygy

@spaceinsomniac said:

@pandabear said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

Well, with MS literally refusing to promise not to ever return to an always online format later in the console's lifespan, it almost might as well be a totally locked down system.

It's crazy to make a policy that most people hate, reverse that policy, and then say that you still reserve the option to go back to that first hated policy at any time.

They can come back to that policy later, and they now also have the option of rolling the features out slowly so it's not so much of a shock. If they even decide to bring it back at all. What matters is that the option is there and it might work very well in the future, we have no way of knowing - they also have the option of picking and choosing features. AKA, not implementing the check-in while implementing the family sharing.

@darji said:

@humanity said:

One of the reasons is the bad PR Niitnendo does. People do still not even know that the Wii U is a new console and even if they try to fix this mistake they will never be able to anymore. But yeah lack of titles is another reason of course.

Nah, I still think the major thing against it is that there isn't any games. That's what essentially every gamer I speak to says. There is no reason to get one now. Wait for Donkey Kong, Metroid, Mario, Zelda, etc etc. The whole not knowing it's a console thing can be true, but only for like, moms who buy their kids consoles. And even then they can be informed by the kid or by the worker.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By EXTomar

On the topic of Wii U: There are quite a lot of people who don't understand that the Wii U is a box. Instead they think it is just the tablet that can do stuff with a TV. Nintendo's messaging is a bit confusing for these casual consumers.

Microsoft has the same problem where their messaging was confused. They seemed to have a problem answering some simple, straight forward questions. Coming back later trying to correct everything helps but it is a lot information to fight against. It is highly unfortunate but due to their initial missteps a lot of casual consumers think the XBox One doesn't play used games. Unless Microsoft puts ads in everything these casual consumers will easily continue to believe that.