#1 Posted by JakeMoore1106 (51 posts) -

I go the Xbox One the other day and what can I say, its amazing. I'm not joking it is unreal. I know most people are going with PS4 for the next - gen but I'm glad I picked Xbox. Everything on its just brilliant! But there are some downers on it. That now when your friends come on you don't see there name pop up on the screen and also you have to watch what you say because if you say Xbox the kinect will hear it and will bring up options witch will make you stop playing your game. But Everything else what is on it is amazing. The games are unreal, the graphics on them are out of this world. I'm glad I have got the Xbox One.

#2 Edited by fetchfox (1217 posts) -

Good for you mate, but your post kinda reads as a... troll. Especially from the sentence "The games are unreal, the graphics on them are out of this world." sentence. I might be biased, but that sounds "just a tad" over the top.

#3 Posted by Hunkulese (2628 posts) -

@fetchfox: it's how non jaded people who spend too much time reading Internet forums talk.

#4 Edited by EXTomar (4451 posts) -

I don't think I've ever ran into anyone in the real world who say things like "N is/are unreal" unless they are trying to sell me something. Example: This sofa is so soft and durable it is unreal.

#5 Posted by RonGalaxy (2839 posts) -

@fetchfox: it's how non jaded people who spend too much time reading Internet forums talk.

you mean uninformed people? I guess it's true that happiness can only be achieved through ignorance...

#6 Posted by billymagnum (711 posts) -

Everything on its just brilliant! But there are some downers on it.

lmao

contradiction much?

#7 Edited by HoboZero (172 posts) -

@extomar: Tell me more about this sofa...

#8 Posted by EXTomar (4451 posts) -

I saw a sofa in the store the other day and what can I say, its amazing. I'm not joking it is unreal. I know most people are going with PS4 for the next - gen but I'm glad I sat on this sofa. Everything on its just brilliant! But there are some downers on it. That now when your friends come over and sit on the sofa you don't see on their face how much they enjoy it. But Everything else what is on it is amazing. The cushions are unreal, the armrests on them are out of this world. I'm glad I have got this new sofa.

#9 Posted by RonGalaxy (2839 posts) -

@extomar said:

I saw a sofa in the store the other day and what can I say, its amazing. I'm not joking it is unreal. I know most people are going with PS4 for the next - gen but I'm glad I sat on this sofa. Everything on its just brilliant! But there are some downers on it. That now when your friends come over and sit on the sofa you don't see on their face how much they enjoy it. But Everything else what is on it is amazing. The cushions are unreal, the armrests on them are out of this world. I'm glad I have got this new sofa.

I give this 5/5 sofa cushions

#10 Posted by Guesty_01 (339 posts) -

@extomar: I laughed harder than I have any right to.

#11 Posted by rachelepithet (1331 posts) -

Five Forza Five cars cost as much as the console.

#12 Posted by MasterRain (297 posts) -

Go play and enjoy your xbox! Stay away from internet forums though its like pandora's box, you'll start reading, be unable to stop, and by the end think all new consoles and games are terrible and instead you'll be compelled to only post snarky comments on neogaf.

#13 Posted by JoeyRavn (4946 posts) -

Go play and enjoy your xbox! Stay away from internet forums though its like pandora's box, you'll start reading, be unable to stop, and by the end think all new consoles and games are terrible and instead you'll be compelled to only post snarky comments on neogaf.

Or, judging by your post, on Giant Bomb.

#14 Posted by crazyleaves (636 posts) -
#15 Posted by AdMordem (454 posts) -

Funny people keep complaining that the voice commands activates randomly. As long as you don't say 'XBOX' unless you want to make a voice command, your pretty safe...

#16 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

I think it's gonna take a little while for both the PS4 and the Xbox to find their feet and for devs to start putting out great games that are taking proper advantage of the systems they're on, but I'm glad you're enjoying your console so much.

#17 Posted by altairre (1113 posts) -

Not really. A few of my friends who don't really give a shit about videogames saw a bunch of next gen stuff and they weren't too impressed. They said it looked really good but not so much better that their jaw dropped or something like that.

#18 Edited by BRich (431 posts) -

@altairre said:

@hunkulese said:

Not really. A few of my friends who don't really give a shit about videogames saw a bunch of next gen stuff and they weren't too impressed. They said it looked really good but not so much better that their jaw dropped or something like that.

Yea the era of jaw-dropping generation leaps in graphical fidelity are long gone. Most people probably wouldn't even realize they are playing a PS4 if not for the controller. Xbox at least attempts several next gen UI features and Kinect integration that could make a casual go "wow."

I'm still pretty excited every time it turns on or off my TV, AV receiver, and console with a single voice command. I've also been using "Xbox volume down" WAY more than expected to avoid constantly pausing Forza and screwing up.

#19 Posted by MikeFerrari7 (175 posts) -

I have an Xbox One, and while I am enjoying it, nothing about the graphics or games are "out of this world." I think Dead Rising 3 was an excellent game, but even that has a very launch game feel to it. Right now most of my excitement for be Xbox One is in regard to what it can be in the future. A good system so far, but it's greatness depends heavily on potential.

#20 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

You seem like a fake person

@extomar said:

Yeah, that worked fairly well.

#21 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (2955 posts) -

Consoles look alright just that no developer has released a game yet that is suppose to take full advantage of the new hardware. I'm assuming if you wait to see what the xbox one and ps 4 can really do wait until Spring 2014.

#22 Posted by falserelic (5278 posts) -

Fantastic.

#23 Edited by localdistortion (1 posts) -

I expected a little more from the Giant Bomb community than what I've read in some of these responses.

If this guy isn't joking (which I don't think he is) then good for him! It's a rarity to find a post that simply expresses genuine excitement like this one, and then it's instantly met (literally the next post) with skepticism and cynicism. With all the whiny assholes on the internet that complain about absolutely everything it nice to read a positive post.

So good for you Jake! I've never written on these forums before but I liked your post and just wanted to say enjoy your Xbox!

#24 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

I expected a little more from the Giant Bomb community than what I've read in some of these responses.

If this guy isn't joking (which I don't think he is) then good for him! It's a rarity to find a post that simply expresses genuine excitement like this one, and then it's instantly met (literally the next post) with skepticism and cynicism. With all the whiny assholes on the internet that complain about absolutely everything it nice to read a positive post.

So good for you Jake! I've never written on these forums before but I liked your post and just wanted to say enjoy your Xbox!

yeah, lets not become neogaf for god sake.

#25 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

Okay, so... what is the point of this thread?

#26 Posted by chiablo (893 posts) -

Next Generation console?

Unreal?

#27 Posted by jasbir (107 posts) -

I go the Xbox One the other day and what can I say, its amazing. I'm not joking it is unreal. I know most people are going with PS4 for the next - gen but I'm glad I picked Xbox. Everything on its just brilliant! But there are some downers on it. That now when your friends come on you don't see there name pop up on the screen and also you have to watch what you say because if you say Xbox the kinect will hear it and will bring up options witch will make you stop playing your game. But Everything else what is on it is amazing. The games are unreal, the graphics on them are out of this world. I'm glad I have got the Xbox One.

Good for you bud i'll be enjoying my xbox one at Christmas I've always been a xbox gamer.

#28 Posted by bigjeffrey (4711 posts) -

@chiablo said:

Next Generation console?

Unreal?

HOLY SHIT, is that from a actual video game?

#29 Posted by Subjugation (4716 posts) -

@chiablo said:

Next Generation console?

Unreal?

HOLY SHIT, is that from a actual video game?

Yeah, it's from Unreal. That was the joke ... We've come quite a ways haven't we?

Anyway, a lot of people in this thread need to calm down and take some time off from being a keyboard warrior. Calling OP a troll, or even fake is a little much. He is saying that he enjoys one system. No mention of dislike for the other system is made. He even admits to some faults with the system he has. I don't think you understand what a troll is. This just reads like a younger kid who is pumped that he has a new Xbox and he is enjoying it. No need to piss in his Cheerios for having an opinion that differs from your own.

I'm glad you're enjoying your system OP.

#30 Posted by Nictel (2365 posts) -

@chiablo: But which 3D Accelerator should I buy?! The Voodoo?

#31 Posted by Legend (2646 posts) -

@jakemoore1106: Glad to see you're enjoying it. I think it's amazing too. :D I'm having a lot of fun with Forza 5, Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3. Send me a PM if you'd like to play online sometimes.

#32 Posted by onyxghost (300 posts) -

So much snark in the world. I got an Xbox One also and I'm happy with my purchase. It's exactly what I thought it would be. Like what you like, chum. And let the haters hate. In the end it's just a toy. If you have fun playing with it then it's done what it was intended to do.

#33 Posted by Fattony12000 (6961 posts) -

#34 Edited by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

@nictel said:

@chiablo: But which 3D Accelerator should I buy?! The Voodoo?

Just don't get the Matrox Mystique. It's crappy.

#35 Edited by EXTomar (4451 posts) -

Yeah...that is kind of depressing that people forgot Unreal is a video game. :(

#36 Posted by jasbir (107 posts) -

@extomar said:

me like this game.

#37 Posted by big_jon (5708 posts) -

I like the Xbox One all in all, it has some glaring flaws, and needs work but I can see some potential once it starts receiving updates and developers start figuring out the hardware. I am loving Battlefield 4 and Peggle 2 in the meantime.

#38 Posted by TheHBK (5458 posts) -

The lesson here is that video games are fucking awesome and need to stop bickering over which is better. Wanna do that? Take your ass back to 1993 when it was Genesis vs SNES.

@jasbir said:

@extomar said:

me like this game.

Dude, Epic needs to get off their asses and put out Unreal Tournament 4. I don't care what you guys say, UT3 was fucking awesome. Field Lattice Generators!

#39 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4138 posts) -

Yea, its pretty good.

Those salty Metal Gear neogaf about XONE's "Jamais Vu", taste oh soo good...

#40 Posted by HiroKedyn (32 posts) -

@jakemoore1106: I'm loving mine as well. Even my Sony fanboy roommate loves it, and the kinect too. It's not like he spent months talking trash about it, oh wait, he did. Unfortunately, he forgets to recharge the battery in the remote.

#41 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2535 posts) -

Yes, all twenty of the polygons that make up that character are ACTUAL.

#42 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

Thread of the Year