#1 Posted by JayEH (535 posts) -

Article

I'm glad to see that MS is addressing big issues out there. I don't what I might of had to do if I had to switch inputs to play PS4.

Anyway sarcasm aside, this is a real odd thing but MS is saying you can plug any HDMI thing into their port. I don't know how it will work but we'll see soon enough.

#2 Posted by TheHBK (5507 posts) -

The Xbox One is like a receiver I imagine. I was hoping this would be the case so that I can plug in my PC and you can switch between them. I wonder what the command on kinect would be to switch. Since they mostly assume you would plug in your Cable box I just heard Xbox TV. But that you can quickly switch between the game on the Xbox one and another feed from the HDMI port, sounds pretty great.

#3 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

Better to plug-in a SteamBox. Also PC supports the X360 controllers.

#4 Edited by EXTomar (4843 posts) -

Why not both it into the TV so the TV can do what it is designed to do?

#5 Posted by SSully (4232 posts) -

@extomar said:

So you can take advantage of Gameception™.

#6 Posted by Optix12 (621 posts) -

I cant wait to emulate my favourite uncharted game on the ps4 with gaikai , stream it to my ps vita tv box which is hooked up to my xbox one and have side by side uncharted/ forza gaming. The next generation is truly upon us.

#7 Posted by audioBusting (1623 posts) -
@optix12 said:

I cant wait to emulate my favourite uncharted game on the ps4 with gaikai , stream it to my ps vita tv box which is hooked up to my xbox one and have side by side uncharted/ forza gaming. The next generation is truly upon us.

And then let a friend take over the PS4 controls via the internet, so you can just sit down and watch it happen.

#8 Edited by jsnyder82 (744 posts) -
@extomar said:

Most TVs these days don't have more than around 2 to 4 HDMI inputs, and I would say the majority only end up having 2. This frees up another slot on your TV, and seeing as how these new consoles won't be backward compatible, that's a very good thing.

#9 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

Yeah - the PS4 shagging the XBone from behind like a little bitch while the Kinnect watches on... ummm, just making sure but all threads are meant to be sexist until October?

#10 Edited by falserelic (5468 posts) -

Just great...

#11 Posted by TruthTellah (9321 posts) -

#12 Posted by MonetaryDread (2075 posts) -

Am I the only one who is thinking about lag here? Why would anyone want to introduce even more lag to their game sessions?