#1 Edited by Seb (361 posts) -

YOU ASKED FOR IT!

GIANTBOMB GAME OF THE YEAR 2012 COMES TO iOS FINALLY!

Full port except for less maps. I remember map variety being a problem I had with it on 360 so OUCH.

Embedded video for the lazy.

Via Polygon

#2 Posted by JasonR86 (9707 posts) -

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it'll control like shit.

#3 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

this news pleases me greatly

#4 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

Embedded video for the lazy.

#5 Posted by Nictel (2412 posts) -

I applaud them for making this possible. Especially if it is really the whole experience, I find that quite the amazing feat!

#6 Posted by mrfluke (5153 posts) -

couldnt be the more perfect game to bring to ios. cant wait!

#7 Edited by CollegeGuyMike (389 posts) -

Seeing as I used remote desktop on my iOS devices to do, well, exactly this I can say I'm pretty excited.

#8 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

Considering the shit-ass framerate I experienced on the PS3 I'm curious how this sucker will turn out on a mobile device.

#9 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

Great news!

#10 Edited by JCGamer (663 posts) -

I've been playing Fire Emblem on the 3DS and was thinking how I would actually prefer to play X-Com like this (portable). Now I can, I just have to wait a few months.

#11 Edited by psylah (2177 posts) -

Just read this article on Joystiq, which contains both the best news and the best quote:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/09/xcom-enemy-unknown-ios-wont-have-in-app-purchasable-upgrades/

Firaxis' Jake Solomon made the blunt disclosure to IGN, reaffirming the upcoming mobile version of the 2012 strategy game is a straight port.

"Oh God, please...," Solomon responded to IGN when asked about in-app purchases like power-ups, "No. I'm not sure I would be able to sleep at night. My food would taste like ashes in my mouth."

#12 Edited by Sackmanjones (4705 posts) -

Know this is kind of an old thread but has anyone heard any updates on the release of this? Perhaps a more specific date and price point? I'd guess it'll definitely range closer to its standard price but I was hoping to pick it up before my long trip this summer

#13 Edited by Rapid (1367 posts) -

When they release the IOS version, I hope they announce some kind of expansion like what friaxis have for their civ games