#1 Posted by Aterons (197 posts) -

I am surprised that nobody brought this up yet.

I like the X-pack but for some reason Fraxis felt like genetically modifying someone also means that they come out of the closet and start to wear a Mr. Slave like outfit.

I for one found it highly disturbing since I kinda like to "gear up" and have an unique look to my squad, and sleeveless archangel armor really defies the point of a "non space suit impenetrable armor".

There is an easy fix for the gen soldiers armor on the PC by editing a .ini file, but if anyone is planning to buy this on console they should seriously check out a few pics before, because I can see a lot people that gave a crap about how the game looked being seriously annoyed at the new gen soldier armor look and the fact that you can't change it.

#2 Edited by Noblenerf (333 posts) -

Augmentation removes the sleeves on armour, to highlight the spots where the Meld infusion ocurred. As superhumans, I think they can afford to have a little more flexibility in what they wear. It looks unusual, and it should... they're more than Human, now.

Are there a lot of people disturbed by sleeveless chestwear? The only things that genuinely disturbed me in XCOM are the Chrysallid reproduction techniques and the amputation scene for MECs.

#3 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1857 posts) -

@aterons said:

I like the X-pack but for some reason Fraxis felt like genetically modifying someone also means that they come out of the closet and start to wear a Mr. Slave like outfit.

this was not a great way to make your point

#4 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

@artelinarose said:

@aterons said:

Hey, sometimes you just can't quite get your point across without a little casual homophobia.

#5 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1857 posts) -

@artelinarose said:

@aterons said:

Hey, sometimes you just can't quite get your point across without a little casual homophobia.

Real talk.

#6 Edited by BisonHero (7073 posts) -

Yeah, OP chose his words poorly. Still, I think it is rather silly how anybody with genetic modifications refuses to wear sleeves. It kinda compromises the cool design of some of the armours.

#7 Posted by TruthTellah (9481 posts) -

@aterons: I'm not sure what you're talking about. Their outfits seem fine, and the way you put this sounds really off...

#8 Posted by Zelyre (1276 posts) -

It does kind of suck. The original armors were pretty cool. I especially liked the look of the titan armor; however genetically modified soldiers have their own armor sets and they all look rather bland. Like, first tier armor look.

I didn't know there was an ini fix. Off to get my titan armor back!

#9 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4897 posts) -

Uh yeah. Real similar...