Can't comment too much on it since I'm still in the middle of watching, but the premise is citizens of Earth had to evacuate after an alien battle was waged and caused the destruction of the planet. I'm going to theorize that one of the alien species was trying to defend Earth and is perhaps future-Earth.
They made a Charlie Tunoku looking dude for the demo.
Edit - Live impressions:
- Elma waifu etc etc
- You can change your weapons
and it seems like your arts change with the weapon? If so, great!Nope, it's just melee and ranged. Not sure if it affects arts.
- Levels show up above enemy heads. Super useful!
- Awesome music is back
- Alien Dinosaurs
- You know what side of the monster you're on. Again, useful change.
- The immense scale of the monsters they populate the world with is impressive.
- Sick JRPG electric guitar music
- Is Elma a cyber-Witcher?
- Battle menu allows you to give direct commands to partners during a fight. Was that in the last game? Seems like a good addition.
- Neo Los Angeles
- Woah, a ton of class specialization and the ability to switch class within battle