Anyone picking up Yoshi's New Island?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Poll Anyone picking up Yoshi's New Island? (76 votes)

Yup! 16%
Nope! 36%
Maybe! 30%
Results dawg! 18%

So this comes out on Friday, and for some reason I'm really tempted to buy it. I love Yoshi, and Yoshi's Island was a pretty great game back in the day, so I'm thinking this game will be pretty solid. Plus I haven't bought a new 3DS game since... Pokemon? Yikes.

What say you duders? Is your body Reggie for the year of Yoshi?!?!?!

Oh, and there's also this gangsta ass Yoshi 3DS XL releasing on the same day. (Though the game is not included sadly)

• 
Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#1  Edited By Kidavenger

I've been thinking about it, just because it's one of the promo games for the 3ds deal this month, I'm waiting to see reviews though because I have no experience with this series.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By kindgineer

If I had a 3DS there would be nothing stopping me.

ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

Yoshi's Island was so good. I'm all in.

capnhaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By capnhaggis

I'll be picking it up because I'm a huge fan of the SNES platformer. I don't know what it is though, I don't think this one looks as good...Maybe its that it kept the chalkboard style aesthetic but it's a little...smoother? Either way, I'm gonna give it a try.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nothing I've seen of the game looks good so far and Yoshi's Island DS was pretty lackluster from the same team I think. I'm waiting to see how it's received for sure.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Jeust

Yoshi moved from the old island?!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I plan to at some point. I liked that SNES game an awful lot and I think this one looks good, both in terms of gameplay and graphics, although I seem to be in the minority on the latter. I'd get it right away if there weren't other games coming out that I'm giving higher priority.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My copy actually just arrived early today. I'm only 3 levels in but so far it's boring (and I wasn't one of those people loudly proclaiming it looked boring when seeing footage), I'm still super early on, so here's hoping it picks up.

Yoshi's giant feet really irk me.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never played any of the previous Yoshi's Island games, so my complete lack of nostalgia is a pretty strong factor in making me not motivated at all to pick this up. Having finished A Link Between Worlds a few months back, and still working on Dream Team and Bravely Default, I'm kinda fine for 3DS games for a bit. Plus I have a backlog that includes the newest Ace Attorney game, several Professor Laytons, and a few DS RPGs.

I'm in no hurry to buy 3DS games, and Yoshi's New Island looks like every Kirby game made in the last like 3-4 years, in that it looks well made but also like you're not missing anything mindblowing if you pass on it. I'll watch the Quick Look, but man, it would have to be a fucking revelation for me to actually want to go out and buy it when I just bought Bravely Default fairly recently.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just might, but I still have Mario 3D World to go through for my Nintendo platformer fix. And then I'll probably go to Donkey Kong, and then I'll finally get Yoshi.

Nintendo's been doing well recently. Luigi's Mansion, Zelda, DK, Animal Crossing. I don't think they'll screw this up.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MEATBALL

The game picked up a bit in the second half of the first world, it's still pretty relaxed, but levels are feeling more enjoyable to make my way through now.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The game is rotten. A blatant abuse of people's nostalgia. So disappointing.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

lolno #doesn'tdeservetobeassociatedwithmarioworld

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By agentboolen

Maybe if i had a 3ds but to be honest this is something i would rather play on a console i think.

I did like the original on the snes.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My copy should be shipping soon. All the internet hate pre-release actually made me more excited to see for myself what the end results turned out to be.

The whole irritation started when I was in love with the art style from day 1 and yet everyone screamed about how ugly it looked. Clearly there's nothing more wrong I could be doing than listening to internet-opinions about this. Especially after how silly all the whining about ALBW was.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@def: Yeah, the whining about ALBW was always really weird, because I don't think that game looked bad in any preview footage, and sure enough the actual game looked rad as you played it. This game similarly looks fine, as long as you're on board for the weird crayon Yoshi's Island art style.