Ys: I & II Chronicles+ making it's way to Steam in February 2013

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By irrelevantjohn

For those of you who have not played or do not own a PSP, Ys 1 and 2 is making it's way to Steam for $14.99 this February with an enhanced port by XSEED Games.

Get ready for some BUMPING ACTION!

EDIT: Added XSEED Games official Announcement and price.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Darji

@IrrelevantJohn said:

For those of you who have not played or do not own a PSP, Ys 1 and 2 is making it's way to Steam this February with an enhanced port by XSEED Games.

I will soo buy it. Come one Xseed I want trails in the sky on steam....

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@Darji: I want Trails in the Sky as well but man that game has a HUGE script plus they got other things to work on right now.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By djou

Awesome, I'm there. Ys Origin and Oath of Felghana are criminally underplayed and discussed. People should check them out. I hope they offer some type of bundle of the four games to drum up interest.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus

@IrrelevantJohn: How do you pronounce "Ys?"

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Darji

@IrrelevantJohn said:

@Darji: I want Trails in the Sky as well but man that game has a HUGE script plus they got other things to work on right now.

Yeah but the translation is done, It already exist on the PSP and there is also a PC version that just needs to filled with these translations. Trails in the sky should not take long until it could be released on Steam. Much bigger problem would be part 2 and 3^^

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@Darji said:

Yeah but the translation is done, It already exist on the PSP and there is also a PC version that just needs to filled with these translations. Trails in the sky should not take long until it could be released on Steam. Much bigger problem would be part 2 and 3^^

That's true but IIRC XSEED and Falcom has an agreement that if they want to release any PC version of their games they have to take 100% of the programming. So that means Sara from XSEED has to do all that work by herself. Don't forget about bugs as well.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By phrosnite

Looks interesting. I'll keep an eye on it.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gike987

@TooWalrus said:

eese. Like geese without the g.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@gike987 said:

@TooWalrus said:

eese. Like geese without the g.

There's a good example. Couldn't really find a good one myself :P

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@Darji said:

@IrrelevantJohn said:

For those of you who have not played or do not own a PSP, Ys 1 and 2 is making it's way to Steam this February with an enhanced port by XSEED Games.

I will soo buy it. Come one Xseed I want trails in the sky on steam....

Don't even joke about that, man. Also, yay because I haven't had a PSP since about 2006 or something like that.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By McGhee

Do these games have towns, travel, NPCs, and a good story, or is it mostly dungeons?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Darji

@IrrelevantJohn said:

@Darji said:

That's true but IIRC XSEED and Falcom has an agreement that if they want to release any PC version of their games they have to take 100% of the programming. So that means Sara from XSEED has to do all that work by herself. Don't forget about bugs as well.

That sucks. But I still want a Steam version of trails. It would most likely sell well as well^^

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@McGhee said:

Do these games have towns, travel, NPCs, and a good story, or is it mostly dungeons?

It has all of the above but some think the story is too generic but the original game was released in 1987.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nottle

Does this series have a continuos narrative or could I jump into any one? I heard they were pretty good. Are they good on steam?

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Karkarov

They didn't change away from the bumping to kill thing? Seriously? XSeed does realize they only did that due to design limitations and weird nonsense at the time, not cause they thought the game would actually be better? But then I cant complain since I beat the original versions of both games.

@Nottle:

The steam versions are good, and yes there is a loose continuous narrative. Though finding all the games in playable versions to actually see the whole thing today might be near impossible. There is around 7 or so Y's games and only the prequel, Oath in Felghana, and these two will be on steam... I think.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By McGhee

@IrrelevantJohn said:

@McGhee said:

It has all of the above but some think the story is too generic but the original game was released in 1987.

Well sometimes I'm in the mood for generic old-school JRPG stories. So that's OK.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@Karkarov said:

They didn't change away from the bumping to kill thing? Seriously? XSeed does realize they only did that due to design limitations and weird nonsense at the time, not cause they thought the game would actually be better? But then I cant complain since I beat the original versions of both games.

I don't think Falcom is ever going to change the way how I&II works since they are proud of those 2 games. Also XSEED is really only a localization/publisher company.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By djou

@McGhee: I've only played Origin but the game is unlike many JRPGs because its not turn based. Its an action RPG with real time combat. I've always heard it described as PSP Zelda, specifically the early games. The stories are generic but I was too busy hacking and slashing my way through dungeons and managing my inventory/ level grinding to care.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, snap. Time to look forward to this, and to prepare my ears for some Sound Team JDK goodness.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Karkarov

@IrrelevantJohn: True true but I am allowed my meaningless and maybe unjustified nerd rage regardless! For example they sure did change how Oath in Felghana played from the original release. All my BS aside I will probably pick these up on steam if the price is good.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@Karkarov: Oh you wanted a remake of I & II. Then hell yeah that would be awesome.

ArjanN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By ArjanN

@TooWalrussaid:

Like "ease".

@Nottle said:

Does this series have a continuos narrative or could I jump into any one? I heard they were pretty good. Are they good on steam?

There's no real continous narrative outside of a reference or an occasional returning character.

Ys: Oath in Felghana and Ys: Origins (the two Ys games on Steam so far) are great. I suggest starting with one of those.

@IrrelevantJohn said:

@Karkarov: Oh you wanted a remake of I & II. Then hell yeah that would be awesome.

This is already like the third remake of these games. :P

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#24  Edited By Slag

Hell YS!

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By confusedowl

I've been looking into this series for a while, looks like now would be a good time to jump in. I might preorder this while it's on sale.

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's coming closer. Namely, it's coming out tomorrow on Valentine's Day on Steam.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f5d7f2a3be3
deactivated-60f5d7f2a3be3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Someone tried it already?

If yes, is the PC version any good?

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimbuslaw said:

Someone tried it already?

If yes, is the PC version any good?

The PC version is fine but nothing really special if you already played the PSP version. It's just a mediocre back-port.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f5d7f2a3be3
deactivated-60f5d7f2a3be3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Thanks, just made me save a couple of €